Just a rant

it's a smaller pod then you think when you look at stadium being sold out, our record the last 5 seasons and how many players Iowa is putting into the NFL. Most Iowa fans are pretty proud of Iowa football.
You a member of the spin doctors? All you do is spin what I say. Did I say anything about fans being upset enough to not go to games? I'm proud to be an Iowa fan too. I just want more. Wanting more and not being content with the status quo of weak schedules and terrible O from an OC that's 6 yrs in doesn't take away from what successes they have had.

A lot of fans that go to games are casuals too. Go for the tailgating atmosphere etc not just for the game itself. There's fans that go to games that couldn't pick BF out of a lineup or know who Tory Taylor is. Yet there's a lot of fans that are in my 'pod' that will continue to go to games and follow the team religiously. It doesn't strengthen any point you're trying to make by saying the stadium continues to be full.

You a member of the spin doctors? All you do is spin what I say. Did I say anything about fans being upset enough to not go to games? I'm proud to be an Iowa fan too. I just want more. Wanting more and not being content with the status quo of weak schedules and terrible O from an OC that's 6 yrs in doesn't take away from what successes they have had.

A lot of fans that go to games are casuals too. Go for the tailgating atmosphere etc not just for the game itself. There's fans that go to games that couldn't pick BF out of a lineup or know who Tory Taylor is. Yet there's a lot of fans that are in my 'pod' that will continue to go to games and follow the team religiously. It doesn't strengthen any point you're trying to make by saying the stadium continues to be full.
I have not spun or flip flopped on anything. I want more too. I am not satisfied with Iowa football. JFC dude, go re-read this whole thread, I haven't waivered once on anything

I have not spun or flip flopped on anything. I want more too. I am not satisfied with Iowa football. JFC dude, go re-read this whole thread, I haven't waivered once on anything
You say that after literally having spun what I just wrote and not answered the question about if I'd said anything about fans being upset enough to not go to games? In reference to you thinking that a full stadium equals I'm on an island with my line of thinking. I'll help you out. No I hadn't. But yeah keep on spinning.

You say that after literally having spun what I just wrote and not answered the question about if I'd said anything about fans being upset enough to not go to games? In reference to you thinking that a full stadium equals I'm on an island with my line of thinking. I'll help you out. No I hadn't. But yeah keep on spinning.
Sorry i didn't answer your question as I thought they were rhetorical questions. I don't understand your hostility you keep coming at me with for reasons I am unaware of.

The only questions you posed was... Am I member of the Spin Doctors? I am not. I did see them twice in the 90's and their singer looked like a homeless person

The other question was - Did I say anything about fans being upset enough to not go to games? You did not. I was just making it a point that the majority of fans do not feel like you. There is a vocal minority who don't really live in grounded reality that want people fired from this program because it's not winning enough. I think that majority is more focused on the Offense vs. being dissatisfied with Iowa's record.

I get that line of thinking, they are basically exhibition games, but what else do we have? I remember trucking a USC team full of NFL talent as well. Look, I am not making an argument that Iowa is elite ... no where have I said that, I've said they are far from mediocre and I agree whole heartedly that is likely driven by schedule but that's out of our control. Not a lot we can do but go with the results on the field. I think if any program can go 46-19 in a power 5, it's note worthy. You can only beat the teams on your schedule and I don't care if it's in the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or the Central Metro League - winning that many games against teams who are in your conference and your peers is good. Not bad. You can't convince me of that and I don't really buy any argument insinuated anything of the like. Winning football is hard at every level.

I give Iowa credit in that USC game, but once the Germ came bowl results became completely irrelevant because the opt-out rate has become so high and the portal has even pulled guys out before they did bowl practice. It's now totally different teams out there.

Iowa is certainly above mediocre, but when we start having to play more of a big boy schedule everyone better be prepared for some regression a bit toward mediocrity.

I give Iowa credit in that USC game, but once the Germ came bowl results became completely irrelevant because the opt-out rate has become so high and the portal has even pulled guys out before they did bowl practice. It's now totally different teams out there.

Iowa is certainly above mediocre, but when we start having to play more of a big boy schedule everyone better be prepared for some regression a bit toward mediocrity.
I agree and have shared that similar outlook several times on this site.

Latest posts