Just a rant

No. I am not satisfied with the performance of the Iowa program i see on the field the last few years.
Obviously we can do better if our offense improves. Not even an arguable point
Nothing will change as long as the elite boosters (and some folks on this forum) are satisfied with three wins against MAC/MWC/FCS schools in non-conference play and four wins against the bottom of the B10 and a trip to the Music City bowl.
You have a great point and by now everyone on here knows where I stand on this. However consideration has to be given to the point others are making. Look at Nebraska, coach hire after coach hire after coach hire. These hires are some of the hottest coach hires. Coaches who were very successful at other programs and still it didn’t work. There program has been a waste land ( it couldn’t happen to a more deserving arrogant fan base).

I do think eight wins a year will still be possibly under the right circumstances, however the Nebraska program illustrates the glaring risk.
There is no reason we can’t keep pace with Wisconsin, however those programs coming in from the West coast are going to be a serious problem for both Wisconsin and Iowa even if Kirk stays around a few more years.

One thing is for sure Brian need to at best be reassigned or terminated.

No. I am not satisfied with the performance of the Iowa program i see on the field the last few years.
I thought it was bad when an Ohio State fan who is in his seventies didn’t know who the Iowa coach is. Then yesterday I was talking with a life long University of Washington football fan. He knows I am an Iowa fan. I told the final score and he asked me who is our coach. Seriously??? This made me realize just how relevant Iowa is in college football. Iowa fans live in a bubble.

I responded to a recent comment on another thread that someone made about Iowa being relevant. My comment in response was that any team that hasn’t won their conference in over twenty years is not relevant.

You’re frustrated just as I am because you want your favorite team to be relevant. You know the defense has been good enough to be relevant. The offense on the other hand should be on the old tv show “Lost in space.”

So your sitting there thinking that most head coaches who have a heart beat of a desire to achieve more than just 7,8, or 9 wins would sit down and evaluate where do improvements or CHANGES need to be made. It’s the offense stupid!!!!

So the seven million dollar question is “Why isn’t our head coach changing what doesn’t work or what is hindering the success of the program. You sit there and think why is status Quo ok with this coach? Well the obvious answer be reasoning is constant pay raises and contact extensions. Honestly if you were Kirk would you screw with the golden goose that lays the black golden eggs. Plus the overall fan base seems to also be happy with the status Quo, especially when looking out the corner of your eye at what has happened at Nebraska.

Still logic and reason would dictate that a coach that has nothing to lose by playing around and changing up his offense (which IS A SHIT FEST) why doesn’t he do it. Must love those black and golden eggs.

Fryowa tells us that Kirk doesn’t give a shit about what the fans think. Unfortunately this is becoming more and more apparent. Just this thought alone likely pisses you off. What an arrogant attitude. Kinda a “eff you” attitude. “I am set in life and have absolute tenure and no one can change that.”

So is it any wonder you might want him gone. I personally have no toleration for this shithead attitude anywhere, in sports, in political, at church, or in the community in which I live. Unfortunately it’s in all aspects of life and there is not much anyone can do about it.

I am not asking for KF’s head, just wake the hell up and “scratch where it itches.” Kirk is rolling on the ground in a garden full of poison ivy and we are all standing there wondering why he doesn’t get up, clear out the poison Ivy, and fix up his garden. It is so damn aggravating!!!!!

All I know is this team ain’t gonna go 5-8 which is a helluva lot more than most programs can say.

Statistically, I’m pretty sure “most” programs would not be 5-8 or worse.
Putting that inconvenient reality aside, “Were better than 5-8!” Is really not a convincing argument in defense of the status quo.

We still can win the West in spite of our offense. Thank you coach Parker.
Thank the soft schedule also !!!! What are we going to do when them west coast teams come in to play ? Oh that’s right we can still beat the bottom dewllers. We’re not getting talent on offense guys players don’t want to come here anymore and there’s a good reason for it and I don’t have to explain it to you it’s right in front of your nose 1960s football.

DId you miss where Iowa went on the road to a Big 12 opponent or what?

Iowa is playing 10 Power 5 teams a year, that's 2 more than 90% of the SEC. Why in god's green earth would Iowa make it a harder road to the playoffs?

Iowa hasn't always won at 8 games or better, we always wanted them to right? Iowa fans used to say 7 games isn't much to talk about, but it'd be great if they could raise the bar a little. They did, so now they are a victim of their own success.

My man, they haven't been dodging Michigan or TOSU, especially recently - they sure as heck didn't dodge PSU who has been consistently one of the top teams in the country. When they add UCLA, OR, WA and USC with no divisions, they aren't going to dodge a damn thing but somehow you think that Iowa should schedule a harder schedule?

And somehow the fact that Iowa gets time off for their bowl games (like every single other team in the nation) is a check mark against our staff.

I am actually laughing as I type this. You are funny.
You aren’t funny. You are part of the problem & why we have gotten to this point. When given facts, you ignore. And you go to extremes in your rebuttals

Um......................Iowa at Iowa St. Did you just conveniently leave that out? Way to cherry pick. Again, I don't think Kirk sets the BIG conference schedule. It comes down from the conference. Your argument you with the schedule blows.
I never said he sets the conference schedule. But by not playing the big two & never playing both in the same year makes it an even bigger issue, the weak non conference schedule. And for the guy that chimed in about crowing about playing isu…give me a break

A few wins in a row will help calm some of the frustrations from this past week end. I had us going 11-1 at the beginning of the season. I expected at least one loss between the Penn Stare and Wisconsin and figures the defense would be good enough in the rest of the games to keep the score down to where we could win even if it’s by field goals. I do expect Cade to do better against the rest of teams on our schedule.

So 11-1 is still possible, with Wisconsin being the toughest game left in my opinion. I know Kirk will make it a point to his players to FLUSH this loss and move on with a goal to win the West.

Win the West but then go buy some toilet paper and prepare to flush again and look forward to a bowl game. I am assuming here that we just ran into a perfect storm with Penn State and that calmer waters are ahead. I hope.

DId you miss where Iowa went on the road to a Big 12 opponent or what?

Iowa is playing 10 Power 5 teams a year, that's 2 more than 90% of the SEC. Why in god's green earth would Iowa make it a harder road to the playoffs?

Iowa hasn't always won at 8 games or better, we always wanted them to right? Iowa fans used to say 7 games isn't much to talk about, but it'd be great if they could raise the bar a little. They did, so now they are a victim of their own success.

My man, they haven't been dodging Michigan or TOSU, especially recently - they sure as heck didn't dodge PSU who has been consistently one of the top teams in the country. When they add UCLA, OR, WA and USC with no divisions, they aren't going to dodge a damn thing but somehow you think that Iowa should schedule a harder schedule?

And somehow the fact that Iowa gets time off for their bowl games (like every single other team in the nation) is a check mark against our staff.

I am actually laughing as I type this. You are funny.
But that Big 12 team sucks.. And has pretty much always sucked but for just a couple of yrs. Just because they play us competitively due to our style of play mostly and it being ISUs Super Bowl doesn't mean they have been an opponent Iowa should be playing every yr. I'm glad the BIG is evolving and I suspect we may finally have a path to stop playing them with expansion being what it is. Time will tell.

Of all those other schools non con opponents that oldhawk12 listed only Purdues may have been easier than ISU. ISU being on the schedule has been an anchor that hasn't benefited Iowa in quite some time. I get the whole look around it could be worse mentality. That's not wrong. But having it hold you back from trying to improve shouldn't be it's result. Iowa is just trying to maintain it's place right in the middle, satisfied that that's good enough. That's what I think has fans arguing with one another about.

Debating that changes shouldn't be made due to being content with mediocrity is certainly a take. Not everyone is ok with that and damn near any fanbase with similar situation would have the same divide.

But that Big 12 team sucks.. And has pretty much always sucked but for just a couple of yrs. Just because they play us competitively due to our style of play mostly and it being ISUs Super Bowl doesn't mean they have been an opponent Iowa should be playing every yr. I'm glad the BIG is evolving and I suspect we may finally have a path to stop playing them with expansion being what it is. Time will tell.

Of all those other schools non con opponents that oldhawk12 listed only Purdues may have been easier than ISU. ISU being on the schedule has been an anchor that hasn't benefited Iowa in quite some time. I get the whole look around it could be worse mentality. That's not wrong. But having it hold you back from trying to improve shouldn't be it's result. Iowa is just trying to maintain it's place right in the middle, satisfied that that's good enough. That's what I think has fans arguing with one another about.

Debating that changes shouldn't be made due to being content with mediocrity is certainly a take. Not everyone is ok with that and damn near any fanbase with similar situation would have the same divide.
Are you suggesting that Duke, Washington State, Kansas and Colorado are on some different plain then ISU lol? Iowa does NOT need to make their schedule harder, especially moving forward. I've never understood why fans want that. You want to make it harder getting to the ultimate goal? The SEC has that one figured out, the rest of the country not so much.

Iowa is a long ways from a mediocre program man, come on, at least be fair about it. They lost to a top 10 team on the road in a rain soaked game where they turned the ball over and the offense stunk. They lost that game before they even went. Iowa lost 4 players that went in the top 85 of the NFL draft, mediocre programs don't have that.

Teams lose. NFL teams lose. Superbowl teams lose. Good teams/programs lose. Losing happens to teams, good and bad a lot. Losing is part of football. Iowa doesn't lose very often. Mediocre teams don't win 70% of their games over a 6 year period regardless of opposition. When you are playing at the level that is the B1G, the competition is much narrower and your likliehood of losing increases. Iowa has beaten some top 25 teams in that time span so don't give me that it's all fools gold. They've beaten mutliple SEC teams, they've beaten a blue blood like USC, they've beat PSU, they've beat Michigan.

You guys are fanatics, I get it, but man, you guys swing hard and kind of lose sight of everything else when a smidge of adversity hits. Thankfully our program is built a lot differently then our fan base.

You aren’t funny. You are part of the problem & why we have gotten to this point. When given facts, you ignore. And you go to extremes in your rebuttals
Nobody cares dude. I am not the problem with Iowa football, get real. Your replies are kind of like a 10 year old might bring to the table when debating football, you are not great at this.

Ia State has been over-ranked at the beginning of the season several times. That ranking does not make them a good team.

Ia State has been over-ranked at the beginning of the season several times. That ranking does not make them a good team.
RIght, I agree, but they are a Power 5 team, meaning they have more depth and better all around players then say Western Michigan most seasons.

Playing ISU is a lot harder and challenging your program then say, playing Middle Tennessee State, South Florida and Chattanooga like Alabama is.

Playing ISU is more challenging then say, playing UT Martin, Ball State, and UAB like Georgia is playing this season.

All I know is this team ain’t gonna go 5-8 which is a helluva lot more than most programs can say.

Statistically, I’m pretty sure “most” programs would not be 5-8 or worse.
Putting that inconvenient reality aside, “Were better than 5-8!” Is really not a convincing argument in defense of the status quo.
That's not even close to the point. Most (yes most) programs cannot say with certainty at this point in the season that they'll finish better than 5-8. Iowa is one of those teams that can.

@InGoodCo isn't part of any problem. We're all bystanders. We have zero effect to anything that happens concerning Iowa sports. Unless you are a player, coach, AD, or a major donor you literally cannot be part of the "problem." And everything he posted was factually correct.

Are you suggesting that Duke, Washington State, Kansas and Colorado are on some different plain then ISU lol? Iowa does NOT need to make their schedule harder, especially moving forward. I've never understood why fans want that. You want to make it harder getting to the ultimate goal? The SEC has that one figured out, the rest of the country not so much.

Iowa is a long ways from a mediocre program man, come on, at least be fair about it. They lost to a top 10 team on the road in a rain soaked game where they turned the ball over and the offense stunk. They lost that game before they even went. Iowa lost 4 players that went in the top 85 of the NFL draft, mediocre programs don't have that.

Teams lose. NFL teams lose. Superbowl teams lose. Good teams/programs lose. Losing happens to teams, good and bad a lot. Losing is part of football. Iowa doesn't lose very often. Mediocre teams don't win 70% of their games over a 6 year period regardless of opposition. When you are playing at the level that is the B1G, the competition is much narrower and your likliehood of losing increases. Iowa has beaten some top 25 teams in that time span so don't give me that it's all fools gold. They've beaten mutliple SEC teams, they've beaten a blue blood like USC, they've beat PSU, they've beat Michigan.

You guys are fanatics, I get it, but man, you guys swing hard and kind of lose sight of everything else when a smidge of adversity hits. Thankfully our program is built a lot differently then our fan base.
Dude ISU stinks this yr just like most yrs. Are you trolling? Most of them are all ranked. Even Fresno is now. CO slipped out but anyone think they wouldn't embarrass ISU? Yes Duke Wazzu and especially Kansas and Colorado are on a different level then ISU right now. ISU may have just had their best win of the yr against that hapless Oky state team. You gotta think outside the Iowa bubble here the rest of college football looks at ISU as the joke of a program that they are.

Sure SEC schools like GA and Bama can get away with having an easier non con schedule due to past and consistent pedigree and level of opponents within their conference. Iowa sure as hell can't. When you're trying to climb the mountain you have to show you deserve to be there. Winning the BIG west and beating ISU by 1 possession doesn't cut it yo. That's the issue.

Sure Iowa's beaten some of the blue bloods here and there. That's what makes our situation all the more frustrating because we've shown it can be done. Just not consistently and in those seasons we did we had bad losses to teams we shouldn't have lost to too.

Iowa didn't just lose to PSU that's the other thing, Iowa got embarrassed on a national stage in an epic historically bad way. That isn't something that happens all the time but now that it has addressing the elephants in the room isn't a bad thing. Iowa has more than one of them.

Dude ISU stinks this yr just like most yrs. Are you trolling? Most of them are all ranked. Even Fresno is now. CO slipped out but anyone think they wouldn't embarrass ISU? Yes Duke Wazzu and especially Kansas and Colorado are on a different level then ISU right now. ISU may have just had their best win of the yr against that hapless Oky state team. You gotta think outside the Iowa bubble here the rest of college football looks at ISU as the joke of a program that they are.

Sure SEC schools like GA and Bama can get away with having an easier non con schedule due to past and consistent pedigree and level of opponents within their conference. Iowa sure as hell can't. When you're trying to climb the mountain you have to show you deserve to be there. Winning the BIG west and beating ISU by 1 possession doesn't cut it yo. That's the issue.

Sure Iowa's beaten some of the blue bloods here and there. That's what makes our situation all the more frustrating because we've shown it can be done. Just not consistently and in those seasons we did we had bad losses to teams we shouldn't have lost to too.

Iowa didn't just lose to PSU that's the other thing, Iowa got embarrassed on a national stage in an epic historically bad way. That isn't something that happens all the time but now that it has addressing the elephants in the room isn't a bad thing. Iowa has more than one of them.
Not trolling at all, those teams maybe having early success, THIS season, but are perenial doormats that have not sustained any sort of long term success in football in a long long while. Kind of like ISU has done here and there....pretty much mirror images.

GA and Bama dont get a flier, they schedule Middle Tenn State in week 9 right before their biggest game of the year against their biggest rival. They are smart. Iowa should take notes, not try and schedule harder. They know that all they need to do is win their conference and they are in. Guess who's in the same f'ing boat? Iowa. Come on man, you know that. Iowa could play 3 trashcans but if they win the B1G, they are getting in the playoff.

Iowa got embarrassed, no argument, but it's one game, on the road, in a hostell environment in a rain storm. Take it easy. Teams lose to good teams. That's what happens. You can turn on your TV every Saturday and Sunday and watch some GREAT coaches and GREAT players get their ass's kicked and that's EVERY SINGLE Week. Losing this game doesn't immediately put us in the mediocre camp. Iowa is a football factory. We got our ass handed to us. It happens CONSTANTLY in football at all levels. If you don't understand that then I think you must only watch Iowa and Iowa alone. Which is fine, but like that CO team you are toating out of one side of your mouth just got emberassed on national TV last week as well. Like, even worse than Iowa did. Colorado football sucks dude. Iowa would drag their dicks in the dirt.