Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

I didn't mean he blew up with offers. I mean he blew up as in his game got better and better. When he committed, it just seemed like we got a fallback recruit that will transfer to UNI in a couple years. About halfway through the year it seemed like we got a decent player. By the end of the year, he led the state in scoring and eared Mr. Basketball. To me, that's a kid who blew up. When you factor in the family he comes from and the coach we have, it's a pretty safe prediction to say he will be better than at least half your list. If the kid keeps improving at the rate he is, he may be one of the best off that list.

He didn't lead the state in scoring but his numbers are very similar to 2015 Iowa Mr. Basketball

http://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Tillo-67913

I don't look too much into HS stats anyways, Cook averaged 12 ppg and Moss averaged 10 ppg and both of those guys will be better than Bohannon.

He didn't lead the state in scoring but his numbers are very similar to 2015 Iowa Mr. Basketball

http://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Tillo-67913

I don't look too much into HS stats anyways, Cook averaged 12 ppg and Moss averaged 10 ppg and both of those guys will be better than Bohannon.

He led 4A. It's so funny how you act so confident over something you have no idea on. It's a bad habit to have. If you ever wonder why you look so stupid so often, that's why. He's a helpful hint. Only argue strongly on subjects you actually have a clue on.

He led 4A. It's so funny how you act so confident over something you have no idea on. It's a bad habit to have. If you ever wonder why you look so stupid so often, that's why. He's a helpful hint. Only argue strongly on subjects you actually have a clue on.

Ok you're right, an undersized combo guard with limited athletic ability who nobody wanted will be better than the first 8 guys Fran offered. Obviously Fran did it all backwards on the recruiting trail. I don't have a clue on this one so I'll just keep my mouth shut

Ok you're right, an undersized combo guard with limited athletic ability who nobody wanted will be better than the first 8 guys Fran offered. Obviously Fran did it all backwards on the recruiting trail. I don't have a clue on this one so I'll just keep my mouth shut

Bohannon wasn't worth a scholarship until he was. Players can get better. Fran didn't do it backwards. He offered guys first who at the time he thought were better. If he had to do it all over again from this exact point in time, there is a really good chance he would have offered Bohannon before some of the other guys.

Are you describing Bohannon here or Steph Curry?

Are you describing Bohannon here or Steph Curry?

Well Curry is 3 inches taller than Bohannon and is way more athletic. Curry had a better vertical jump than JU did at the combine and I wouldn't say JU lacks athleticism. But again, I have no clue on this one so Bohannon will most likely be the next Steph Curry

Well Curry is 3 inches taller than Bohannon and is way more athletic. Curry had a better vertical jump than JU did at the combine and I wouldn't say JU lacks athleticism. But again, I have no clue on this one so Bohannon will most likely be the next Steph Curry

What are you talking about? Where are you going with this?

But as far as being an NBA point guard, he's an undersized combo guard who no one else wanted in college.

But as far as being an NBA point guard, he's an undersized combo guard who no one else wanted in college.

You're right, Bohannon is the next Steph Curry. I can't believe I was disappointed in our PG recruiting up until today, thanks for showing me the light

You're right, Bohannon is the next Steph Curry. I can't believe I was disappointed in our PG recruiting up until today, thanks for showing me the light

There is a huge window between being a good Big 10 player and the next Steph Curry.

There is a huge window between being a good Big 10 player and the next Steph Curry.

He'll probably be closer to the next Steph Curry. Fran really lucked out the first 8 recruits said no. No way he could have predicited Bohannon was going to blow up and go from 18 ppg his junior year in HS to 25 ppg his senior year. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good I guess.

He'll probably be closer to the next Steph Curry. Fran really lucked out the first 8 recruits said no. No way he could have predicited Bohannon was going to blow up and go from 18 ppg his junior year in HS to 25 ppg his senior year. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good I guess.

How can any hawk fan not be excited about Bohannon after having a point guard that couldn't shoot for so long?

Go look at the thread when he committed. There were a lot of fans not excited about it

I wasn't really excited right when he committed either. But as time went on he's looked more and more like a good D1 player. You care too much about his offer list. Like I said earlier, players like Bohannon aren't going to attract out of state schools when they're late bloomers. Once he committed to Iowa, why even bother?

Go look at the thread when he committed. There were a lot of fans not excited about it

I have no idea if you are a legit Iowa fan or not. Doesn't his pedigree mean anything to you? He is a Bohannon you think he will be able to figure it out and contribute. No we are not getting one of Rick Barry's sons, but Gordy's kid deserves the benefit of doubt at least to roll the dice and give him a chance.

I have no idea if you are a legit Iowa fan or not. Doesn't his pedigree mean anything to you? He is a Bohannon you think he will be able to figure it out and contribute. No we are not getting one of Rick Barry's sons, but Gordy's kid deserves the benefit of doubt at least to roll the dice and give him a chance.

Zach wasn't any good. I'm not sure how Matt would have done here, he had kind of an up and down mid major career until his senior year. Jason was good but he was a big recruit too

I wasn't really excited right when he committed either. But as time went on he's looked more and more like a good D1 player. You care too much about his offer list. Like I said earlier, players like Bohannon aren't going to attract out of state schools when they're late bloomers. Once he committed to Iowa, why even bother?

Bohannon was a late bloomer?

]

If we sign the best player in the state every single year we will be a pretty good team. In the last 20 years, I wonder how many Iowa Mr. Basketball players ended up not being pretty good D1 players.

]

If we sign the best player in the state every single year we will be a pretty good team. In the last 20 years, I wonder how many Iowa Mr. Basketball players ended up not being pretty good D1 players.

For recent ones off the top of my head: Tillo, Lohaus, Cougill, Reed, Vette and Van Es. I'm sure there are more

For recent ones off the top of my head: Tillo, Lohaus, Cougill, Reed, Vette and Van Es. I'm sure there are more

Nice try. We can all do a google search. Take Wyatt Lohaus off the list. 15 of the 20 actually made major contributions to the program they ended up with. The jury is still out on Tillo it may even be 16 out of 20.

Latest posts