Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

5-5 with a loss to UNO is "fine" when you see all the potential this team has moving forward.

5-5 is never fine in my opinion, especially when most expected this team to be a bubble team. We're going to have some work to do to make the NIT

No. Just no

Just to clarify, I mean he needs more minutes to get comfortable and start playing as good as he's capable of (which may or may not be very good right now). I don't mean he should be getting more because he definitely shouldn't be.

5-5 is fine and will always be fine when the program is coming off 3 NCAA tourney bids and graduated the class that Iowa did. The classes were unbalanced due to the situation the coaching staff was dealt, Fran needed win and win right away at Iowa to keep boners like you at bay. Mix that with the obvious talent that this young team flashes and 5-5 is fine, acceptable, expected....year 7, year 4, year 20. You deserve worse comments

5-5 is fine and will always be fine when the program is coming off 3 NCAA tourney bids and graduated the class that Iowa did. The classes were unbalanced due to the situation the coaching staff was dealt, Fran needed win and win right away at Iowa to keep boners like you at bay. Mix that with the obvious talent that this young team flashes and 5-5 is fine, acceptable, expected....year 7, year 4, year 20. You deserve worse comments

The classes were unbalanced because how we recruited

At the beginning of the year, we were giving up wide open layups almost every time down the floor. That gave us almost no chance to win. We quit doing that as soon as we got back from Florida. That's when we started playing better.

ND shot lights out from the parimeter and they needed to to beat us. We played them pretty even other than shooting. If we played like that all year, we would have 2 losses right now, 3 if you count Omaha which is was a game that happens all the time in basketball.

At the beginning of the year, we were giving up wide open layups almost every time down the floor. That gave us almost no chance to win. We quit doing that as soon as we got back from Florida. That's when we started playing better.

ND shot lights out from the parimeter and they needed to to beat us. We played them pretty even other than shooting. If we played like that all year, we would have 2 losses right now, 3 if you count Omaha which is was a game that happens all the time in basketball.

I take it you didn't watch the Omaha game

right - we recruited to win and go to 3 tourneys after missing it for 7 straight years.

No we just didn't take any JUCOs or transfers to balance out classes so there wouldn't be such a big drop off. The 2014 and 2015 classes were bad and Fran should have tried to help offset that by going after a couple sit out or graduate transfers

The classes were unbalanced because how we recruited

Unbalanced classes happen when you get an abnormal amount of production from one class. You get that many contributors from one class and it makes it hard to recruit and keep players in the following classes. Look for another rebuilding year in year 11. Hopefully it won't be as bad since we have good players in state that want to be hawks regardless of the situation.

No we just didn't take any JUCOs or transfers to balance out classes so there wouldn't be such a big drop off. The 2014 and 2015 classes were bad and Fran should have tried to help offset that by going after a couple sit out or graduate transfers

Trey Dickerson and Dale Jones disagree with this post.

I don't agree that the 15 class was bad - they haven't played enough basketball - because they were behind the class that Fran recruited to get Iowa back.... i don't really see why this is so hard?

I take it you didn't watch the Omaha game

I did watch it. They shot lights out and we had horrible turnovers that led to easy buckets. It looked nothing like the early games where they were getting layups every possession. We haven't played like that since florida. The Omaha game for us played out just like the Ft. Wayne (or whoever it was) game for Indiana. Games like that happen all the time. Games like Memphis don't. That was brutally bad.

I did watch it. They shot lights out and we had horrible turnovers that led to easy buckets. It looked nothing like the early games where they were getting layups every possession. We haven't played like that since florida. The Omaha game for us played out just like the Ft. Wayne (or whoever it was) game for Indiana. Games like that happen all the time. Games like Memphis don't. That was brutally bad.

We gave up 40 points in the paint to Omaha. They didn't shoot lights out they just got to the rim whenever they wanted. They were 9-25 from 3

We gave up 40 points in the paint to Omaha. They didn't shoot lights out they just got to the rim whenever they wanted. They were 9-25 from 3

They must have all came at the end. It seemed like everything they threw up went in.