Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

Fran says players are going to be good all the time and they aren't so I'm going to take what Mike and Sapp said on a podcast with a grain of salt. Williams playing out of position is what scares me most, maybe they were saying he's a good player because he played his natural position this last season and now he's going to get moved?

Last year we were a 7 seed, this year according to you we're returning the best player in the conference, bringing in a blue chip post recruit and according to you upgrading the PG position. What seed do you think we will be this upcoming year? 3 seed maybe?

But you just said you expected Fleming to play because Clemmons said he was good. Why didn't you take that with a grain of salt?

And why are you afraid of CW being out of position. If he played the 3, he would be going up against other players just like him but maybe more talented. At the point he will be going against guys that are way shorter than him but quicker. At least he has a big mismatch to exploit at the point. There would be no mismatch at all at the wing.

But you just said you expected Fleming to play because Clemmons said he was good. Why didn't you take that with a grain of salt?

And why are you afraid of CW being out of position. If he played the 3, he would be going up against other players just like him but maybe more talented. At the point he will be going against guys that are way shorter than him but quicker. At least he has a big mismatch to exploit at the point. There would be no mismatch at all at the wing.

Maybe Kriener can play the point too. That'd be a real mismatch

Maybe Kriener can play the point too. That'd be a real mismatch

The difference is CW is at least decent at everything it takes to play point plus he has mismatches to help make up for the parts he's only decent at. Kriener is bad at dribbling for a point so he wouldn't be able to exploit his mismatches.

The difference is CW is at least decent at everything it takes to play point plus he has mismatches to help make up for the parts he's only decent at. Kriener is bad at dribbling for a point so he wouldn't be able to exploit his mismatches.

What about Jok at the point? That'd work and the mismatch would be crazy

They're the same height and how do you know who's a better dribbler? Moving Jok out of his natural position to point would create a mismatch

I've seen them both dribble. Jok is not a very good dribbler for a 2. He is bad for a 1. Also why move your best player out of position when you have a better option to play that position. You aren't making any sense.

I've seen them both dribble. Jok is not a very good dribbler for a 2. He is bad for a 1. Also why move your best player out of position when you have a better option to play that position. You aren't making any sense.

Why move any player out of their natural position? They both had the same A/TO ratio. Williams is playing PG because we have no other options. If we got Moore or any other of our top PG recruits Williams would be playing off the ball.

Why move any player out of their natural position? They both had the same A/TO ratio. Williams is playing PG because we have no other options. If we got Moore or any other of our top PG recruits Williams would be playing off the ball.

If they were better options they would play over Williams at point. If Fran would have just landed every stud recruit he threw out an offer to, we would have an entirely different roster.

If they were better options they would play over Williams at point. If Fran would have just landed every stud recruit he threw out an offer to, we would have an entirely different roster.

But moving Williams to point upgrades the position from the last 4 years so we're all good. 3 seed?

You can always point to a player a coach didn't get and say the team would be better had they gotten him. No matter how good a team is, you can always say they would have been better had they gotten someone else. What's the point? Are you arguing that Fran isn't the greatest coach in the history of the world or are you arguing that Iowa should find someone better? Or are you just pointing out obvious meaningless stuff like we would be better if we got someone else?

But moving Williams to point upgrades the position from the last 4 years so we're all good. 3 seed?

We're all good at the point. Not sure how good we will be because of the loss of Uthoff tho. They did lose a lot down the stretch so matching their record is definitely possible, especially with the easier conference schedule.

We're all good at the point. Not sure how good we will be because of the loss of Uthoff tho. They did lose a lot down the stretch so matching their record is definitely possible, especially with the easier conference schedule.

I guess we'll find out but I hope you're right. Have a good weekend

yup - like I said, I'll give you PG - it's been the knock but his recruiting all around seems questioned a lot- it's not like MG was a fall back... he was at the time a huge upgrade at the position and the type of player we hadn't had in a while. IMO we can stop with the Fran can't recruit deal cause he's killed it and it's getting better, so that's pretty exciting. Can not wait to see this team next year... my expectations are NIT and anything better is gravy
"he's killed it" and "NIT expectations" in the same sentence doesn't add up. Any coach in year 7 = NIT is NOT killing it on the recruiting trail. Sorry if that upsets you.

I agree that most people are concerned with the point guard position. But the really big fans that watch every minute of every game are starting to see why we will be fine at point guard. It's easy to think losing a 4 year starter will make you worse because most of the time it will. But if you really think about how many games the point guard lost us in the closing minutes last year, you can see how a less experienced, more clutch player could be an upgrade.

Haha

Uhl, Baer, Moss, and probably a few others. I'm not pessimistic on them tho. I think I'm more optimistic on CW than anyone else on the team. That doesn't mean I think he will be the best. Just that he will exceed expectations the most.

Haha

I love dipshits who pull up posts from 6 months ago to make themselves feel better.

Even you have to admit saying this about CW is funny looking back at it considering I wasn't a "really big fan" because I thought PG would be a weakness this year

"But the really big fans that watch every minute of every game are starting to see why we will be fine at point guard."

Latest posts