Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

There is so much ground between talking to a kid, or even offering a scholarship, and actually accepting a verbal commitment. There is no evidence that Fran would have accepted a commitment for the 8 he offered. If Bohannon was an out of state kid, maybe Fran would have felt the need to "offer him a scholarship " sooner to get his foot in the door. You don't have to do that with tweener recruits in your back yard.

Kinda like the wide receiver that people are wondering about not having an offer. Kirk might like him more than some other receivers that actually "have offers". It really doesn't matter until both sides want to commit to each other.

Oliver Martin

I said he wasn't a major conference prospect because he wasn't. If he went to Northern Colorado he could have dominated there for all I know.

A guy who dominates at a place like Northern Colorado would more than likely contribute at a major conference.

A guy who dominates at a place like Northern Colorado would more than likely contribute at a major conference.

It's highly doubtful but maybe he could have ended up being a contributor for a major conference team but the point remains he wasn't a major conference prospect.

It's highly doubtful but maybe he could have ended up being a contributor for a major conference team but the point remains he wasn't a major conference prospect.

I stand by my point. Give me Mr. Basketball every year and I'll take my chances.

And usually that would be OK but considering what we needed this year I don't know if it's going to pan out
I wonder if the coach's son coming in next year is keeping people away. If I was choosing between two random schools that I liked about the same, that might make me lean towards the other team. I wouldn't really want to play the same position as the coach's son.

I wonder if the coach's son coming in next year is keeping people away. If I was choosing between two random schools that I liked about the same, that might make me lean towards the other team. I wouldn't really want to play the same position as the coach's son.

Connor is more of a 2 plus I think Connor is going to be very solid in his career but he's not a player that's going to scare away the good recruits. A good PG and him would coexist and make a great backcourt

Connor is more of a 2 plus I think Connor is going to be very solid in his career but he's not a player that's going to scare away the good recruits. A good PG and him would coexist and make a great backcourt

He might end up a 2 but all a recruit knows now is he's a point guard who might be worse than him and still beat him out because of favoritism.

He might end up a 2 but all a recruit knows now is he's a point guard who might be worse than him and still beat him out because of favoritism.

Fran better be telling PG recruits they can coexist with Connor in 2017. If they don't believe him or believe he will play his son over them even if they're better than Fran isn't doing a very good job selling the situation and he hasn't built any trust with the recruit.

Fran better be telling PG recruits they can coexist with Connor in 2017. If they don't believe him or believe he will play his son over them even if they're better than Fran isn't doing a very good job selling the situation and he hasn't built any trust with the recruit.

Of course a coach would say that. But if you like another school just as much, why bother with that potential situation?

Of course a coach would say that. But if you like another school just as much, why bother with that potential situation?

Part of recruiting is to have them like your school more than any other one, that's how you get recruits to want to come play for you over other programs. Part of that is Fran selling it and making it clear there would be no potential situation.

Part of recruiting is to have them like your school more than any other one, that's how you get recruits to want to come play for you over other programs. Part of that is Fran selling it and making it clear there would be no potential situation.

Of course it would be Fran's job to try to overcome it. That doesn't change the fact that it has made it harder, if in fact it has. That was a pointless post. I mention that there might be something making it harder and you come back with he should still win. Genius take.

Of course it would be Fran's job to try to overcome it. That doesn't change the fact that it has made it harder, if in fact it has. That was a pointless post. I mention that there might be something making it harder and you come back with he should still win. Genius take.

Let's be realistic here, Fran couldn't ask for a better situation to sell than what he had for a 2016 PG. Two senior PG's leaving and it's wide open for you take take the keys and run with it for four years if you're good enough.

Let's be realistic here, Fran couldn't ask for a better situation to sell than what he had for a 2016 PG. Two senior PG's leaving and it's wide open for you take take the keys and run with it for four years if you're good enough.
The recruits know all about who is on the college teams and what skill level they have by looking at the roster, talking to other players, and talking to the coaches. Hopefully, the thought of Williams scared them off. Fran probably is pretty honest about what they can expect coming in as a freshman.

The recruits know all about who is on the college teams and what skill level they have by looking at the roster, talking to other players, and talking to the coaches. Hopefully, the thought of Williams scared them off.

Look at the players we missed on and who is on the rosters of teams they committed to and then tell me Williams scared them off like it's a serious possibility.

I agree he had a pretty good situation. A better situation would have been if the state had a Marcus Paige type player this year who grew up a hawk fan.

And every other school recruiting the same player will point this out even if it (favoritism) doesn't exist. I'm sure this will also be a factor when Patrick is a senior...with guys that play his position.

Carr went to Penn State and they have Shep Garner
Pritchard went to Oregon and they have Tyler Dorsey
Simpson went to Michigan and they have Derrick Walton
Gibbs went to Notre Dame and they have Steve Vasturia and Josh Newkirk
Jackson went to Iowa State and they have Monte Morris
Green went to Indiana and they have Robert Johnson

Now you're going to say we couldn't get any of these recruits because they were afraid of Williams or Connor? That's just making excuses

And every other school recruiting the same player will point this out even if it (favoritism) doesn't exist. I'm sure this will also be a factor when Patrick is a senior...with guys that play his position.

That's Fran's job to overcome that. If he has a better relationship with that recruit more so than the other coach it shouldn't be a problem. Seriously Fran couldn't have asked for a better situation for a 2016 PG, stop pretending like it was something it wasn't.