Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

I think they are 2 different people and they are both cyclone fans. I think someone like lightning1 is a hawkeye fan who is always negative just waiting to argue/debate. 5656 is over compensating with the pronouns with the 'we', 'our', 'us' not so much for good grammar it is liking he is fighting it hard not to let something slip.

I've seen 5656 like random posts about positive hawk news. That seems unlikely for a cover up but it's possible.

Hey Iowa State offered Cook and he shot them down. Solomon Young must be a fall back recruit for ISU. Donovan Jackson wasn't their first choice either so he must be a fall back recruit. Is that how recruiting work?

That wouldn't surprise me. I don't really follow their recruiting but Prohm is never going to make it at this level. They probably would have been better off hiring TJ since he was the only one who could recruit

The relationship went south for whatever reason. That much is obvious. Whatever it was was bad enough for them to cut ties but not bad enough to see if the problem could be fixed. They tried again and realized the problem couldn't be fixed. How does that mean anything negative? That's a retorical question for you obviously since you get it.

Iowa never really got back in for Moore. Cook sent out a tweet, and the coaches checked in as well, but never really pursued him.

Iowa never really got back in for Moore. Cook sent out a tweet, and the coaches checked in as well, but never really pursued him.

There is so much ground between talking to a kid, or even offering a scholarship, and actually accepting a verbal commitment. There is no evidence that Fran would have accepted a commitment for the 8 he offered. If Bohannon was an out of state kid, maybe Fran would have felt the need to "offer him a scholarship " sooner to get his foot in the door. You don't have to do that with tweener recruits in your back yard.

Kinda like the wide receiver that people are wondering about not having an offer. Kirk might like him more than some other receivers that actually "have offers". It really doesn't matter until both sides want to commit to each other.

Rob reported that his AAU coach said that. Kids report they hold offers that they don't really have all the time.

The two developments rekindled the relationship between Iowa and Chicago point guard Charlie Moore, according to his AAU program. The Mac Irvin Fire and other sources close to the situation told Hawkeye Nation Tuesday the two sides were working on a visit date with it possibly happening as soon as this weekend.

Fran has even said himself that he doesn't necessarily focus on the PG position. He prefers a bigger guard or even a point-forward position (something you would think ISU fans could understand). There really isn't any way to determine how hard Iowa went after those kids they offered. At least Bohannon has a good rapport with several of the Iowa commits so there should be some good chemistry from day 1.

I realize Iowa doesn't run the triangle offense, but FM uses a lot of those concepts in his offense. You look at the PG position on all those Phil Jackson teams(Kerr, Paxon, Armstrong, Fisher) they were all virtually the same guy. Guys limited athletically, that were good outside shooters, good at the FT line and clutch at money time. Often times the offense was initiated by the 2 guard or the small forward.

Sidenote: I think it is crucial that Jok improve his handle. Not only to create spacing to get his own J off and make him a better scorer. It will make it easier for him to get the ball to open shooters, skip passes, ball reversal, etc. He can work that 2 man game so much better if his handle was better.

Rob reported that his AAU coach said that. Kids report they hold offers that they don't really have all the time.

Isn't that common knowledge? I am not even a recruiting guy. It is part of the process, like playing poker.

The two developments rekindled the relationship between Iowa and Chicago point guard Charlie Moore, according to his AAU program. The Mac Irvin Fire and other sources close to the situation told Hawkeye Nation Tuesday the two sides were working on a visit date with it possibly happening as soon as this weekend.

Moore could have been telling everyone iowa was after him again.

Isn't that common knowledge? I am not even a recruiting guy. It is part of the process, like playing poker.

Rob might know otherwise but as of now, we have no idea if Fran even intended to try for Moore again. Even if he did, it clearly didn't go well. More than likely due to the same reasons that made them part ways the first time.

And the visit never happened. Trust me Iowa was never back in on Moore the second time around.

Bohannon was probably the only PG we actually recruited, everyone else just claimed an Iowa offer

Do you not believe me when I say that coaches hand out offers to people who they aren't willing to accept on the spot commitments?

Do you not believe me when I say that coaches hand out offers to people who they aren't willing to accept on the spot commitments?

I'm aware of committable offers and they're all situational and seem to be more common in football recuriting. You're crazy to assume Fran was offering all those guys and wasn't going to accept a commitment though. Don't turn into the "we didn't want him anyways, they cheated to get him, maybe it was just a claimed offer" type poster. That's just sour grapes

I'm aware of committable offers and they're all situational and seem to be more common in football recuriting. You're crazy to assume Fran was offering all those guys and wasn't going to accept a commitment though. Don't turn into the "we didn't want him anyways, they cheated to get him, maybe it was just a claimed offer" type poster. That's just sour grapes

I didn't say none of them. I'm just saying it probably wasn't all of them.

I didn't say none of them. I'm just saying it probably wasn't all of them.
He lives in a very black and white world. He doesn't really understand how Iowa could've offered more than one guy at a time for a single scholly. Fran basically took the top 500 HS kids in the nation and went down the list asking if they had any interest in being a Hawkeye. Once he got down to Bohannon, he finally got a commit. Thankfully his persistence paid off!

That's like saying Tyler Sash would have definitely sucked at basketball because he chose football. There are players all over 5he country that only had one D1 offer or no D1 offers and turned out to be good. And high school stats do matter. If Bohannon would have put up 15 per game, odds are more in favor of him not being good. If he would have put up 40 per game, odds are even better that he would have been good. I can't believe your saying him scoring 25 per game and being considered the best basketball player in the state makes you feel the exact same way as if he scored 18 per game and wasn't the best in the state.

Because of how good he was his senior year, his odds are better of being a good D1 player than they were if he played the same as he did as a junior. Anyone who disagrees with that is a moron.

Or, going back a little further, Cal Eldred "would have definitely sucked at basketball because he chose baseball". I saw him play in high school; he averaged 27 pts and 14 rebs per game for Urbana. I saw him dunk in traffic, which doesn't happen a lot in small schools, and I saw him dribble through traffic and outrebound taller players. But when I saw him pitch, I knew baseball was his future.