Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

Do you think he's the PG of the future? Just curious

Not gonna answer for Dean, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Have you see him play? He's very good at distributing the basketball. That's probably his biggest strength.

Really just depends on his quickness in my opinion. I'd have to see him play against legit D1 PGs in order to know if he has the quickness required to stay in front of them.

Not gonna answer for Dean, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Have you see him play? He's very good at distributing the basketball. That's probably his biggest strength.

Really just depends on his quickness in my opinion. I'd have to see him play against legit D1 PGs in order to know if he has the quickness required to stay in front of them.

I've only seen him play once but I think he'll play the 2

Why? If you never seen him play how do you know? This answer ought to be interesting.

I never said I knew, I said I think he could be. You don't have to watch someone play to have an opinion if they can play at the next level. I think Cook can be a B1G level big man too.

I've seen Connor play one game and he didn't impress me at all. I also saw Jok play one game and he looked terrible too. Jok was a senior when I saw him and Connor was a junior so Connor has even more time to improve. A lot can happen between now and a few years from now. He could very well end up the point guard of the future.

I never said I knew, I said I think he could be. You don't have to watch someone play to have an opinion if they can play at the next level. I think Cook can be a B1G level big man too.

So you are the guy come NBA draft time that when a European player gets drafted you determine if he can play in the league or not by watching youtube highlights.:)

So you are the guy come NBA draft time that when a European player gets drafted you determine if he can play in the league or not by watching youtube highlights.:)

You have to see someone play to determine if they're good? I bet many on here haven't seen Cook play and all assume he's a B1G caliber player.

You have to see someone play to determine if they're good? I bet many on here haven't seen Cook play and all assume he's a B1G caliber player.

That is a loaded question there are soooo many factors that go into that.

Usually when someone is a top 75 recruit the assumption is they're pretty good. BUT, he's an Iowa recruit, so naturally you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Usually when someone is a top 75 recruit the assumption is they're pretty good. BUT, he's an Iowa recruit, so naturally you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Didn't I just say I think Cook will be good without seeing him play?

Everything I've ever heard about Conner makes me believe that he will be a PG. In one of the podcasts, I think On Iowa from last summer, one of the two guys that coach the Barnstormers said that he sees everything on the floor. I know many want a guy that will be a quick slasher, but with the talent coming in and Moss I don't know that we NEED the drive and dish, for a PG to be good.

It really comes down to what DP5 said. Can he defend to stay on the floor?

Everything I've ever heard about Conner makes me believe that he will be a PG. In one of the podcasts, I think On Iowa from last summer, one of the two guys that coach the Barnstormers said that he sees everything on the floor. I know many want a guy that will be a quick slasher, but with the talent coming in and Moss I don't know that we NEED the drive and dish, for a PG to be good.

It really comes down to what DP5 said. Can he defend to stay on the floor?

Yeah his quickness, or lack thereof, is what concerns me. He can see the floor and distribute the ball very well. Considering who his father is you would think his basketball IQ is already off the charts for a kid his age.

This is just my opinion, but there are ways the Hawks could allow him to be the PG on the offensive side and then slide over to guard a different position on defense in order to make up for lacking the quickness required to guard most B10 level PG's. His size alone would give a lot of PGs fits when trying to defend him. It's the defensive side of things that worries me more than anything else. Maybe you let him run point, and then let a guy like CW defend the opposing team's PG on the other end of the floor.

Basketball, like most sports, is all about match-ups. There's more than one way to skin a cat. I understand that having a quick slashing PG who can drive and dish is ideal, but it's far from a necessity. Fran wasn't able to land that kind of recruit at the PG position so its up to him to figure out a way to game plan around that. I think he's more than capable of coming up with a plan that will win games.

Yeah his quickness, or lack thereof, is what concerns me. He can see the floor and distribute the ball very well. Considering who his father is you would think his basketball IQ is already off the charts for a kid his age.

This is just my opinion, but there are ways the Hawks could allow him to be the PG on the offensive side and then slide over to guard a different position on defense in order to make up for lacking the quickness required to guard most B10 level PG's. His size alone would give a lot of PGs fits when trying to defend him. It's the defensive side of things that worries me more than anything else. Maybe you let him run point, and then let a guy like CW defend the opposing team's PG on the other end of the floor.

Basketball, like most sports, is all about match-ups. There's more than one way to skin a cat. I understand that having a quick slashing PG who can drive and dish is ideal, but it's far from a necessity. Fran wasn't able to land that kind of recruit at the PG position so its up to him to figure out a way to game plan around that. I think he's more than capable of coming up with a plan that will win games.

I think this will be a big test for him. He's seemed to prioritize recruiting the quick, true PG types and didn't land them so it'll be interesting to see what we can do trying to take advantages of different mismatches with his second options.

I think this will be a big test for him. He's seemed to prioritize recruiting the quick, true PG types and didn't land them so it'll be interesting to see what we can do trying to take advantages of different mismatches with his second options.

Let's not pretend like Gesell was anything great. He was a highly rated recruit. He's probably quicker than Connor, but he was still borderline awful at getting to the basket and finishing. He never really developed into much of a threat as an outside shooter. He had a decent midrange game when he found his rhythm, but that's about it. Gesell was a great kid, and a positive role model. I certainly don't mean to bash him because I have a ton of respect for him. However, the reality is he was far from a difference maker at the PG position at the B10 level and Fran figured out ways to win games with him running the point. This situation isn't as new to Fran as you make it sound.

Let's not pretend like Gesell was anything great. He was a highly rated recruit. He's probably quicker than Connor, but he was still borderline awful at getting to the basket and finishing. He never really developed into much of a threat as an outside shooter. He had a decent midrange game when he found his rhythm, but that's about it. Gesell was a great kid, and a positive role model. I certainly don't mean to bash him because I have a ton of respect for him. However, the reality is he was far from a difference maker at the PG position at the B10 level and Fran figured out ways to win games with him running the point. This situation isn't as new to Fran as you make it sound.

Mike is way quicker than Connor, not even close