Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

Who said Fran can't recruit? I think it's the weakest part of his coaching arsenal but that's only because he's great at everything else like player development, preparation and running a very effective system.

I guarantee you were disappointed when Bohannon committed and now you seem like it's a great thing so I'm curious on what changed

I don't recall being disappointed or upset when Bohannon committed. Once they are Hawks I don't bash em, I instead wait to see what they can do.

And your way is another way to spin it. We have no idea. It's easy to assume we missed on Moore but did we? Or did Fran decide he wasn't a good fit mentally?

He went after Moore twice so it's safe to say we missed on him. Bohannon was a fallback recruit, let's not make it into something it's not.

He went after Moore twice so it's safe to say we missed on him. Bohannon was a fallback recruit, let's not make it into something it's not.

We all know he wasn't Fran's first choice. Not a single person here has said otherwise.

He may have given Moore a second chance to right whatever he wronged (if rumors are true) which would have been wise considering Moore's talent level. Moore might have showed right away he wasn't worth a second chance. It instantly went from Cook getting permission to talk to Moore to not even making the top 8. It's pretty clear that whatever 2nd move there was wasn't much of one.

He may have given Moore a second chance to right whatever he wronged (if rumors are true) which would have been wise considering Moore's talent level. Moore might have showed right away he wasn't worth a second chance. It instantly went from Cook getting permission to talk to Moore to not even making the top 8. It's pretty clear that whatever 2nd move there was wasn't much of one.

Not really. We were still recruiting him a couple weeks after Cook reached out to him

http://hawkeyenation.com/2016/hawkeyes-involved-charlie-moore

Not really. We were still recruiting him a couple weeks after Cook reached out to him

http://hawkeyenation.com/2016/hawkeyes-involved-charlie-moore

Yea and then we didn't make his top 8 list. That means something happened. It doesn't mean Fran couldn't close the deal. Something happened to go from him trying to set up a visit to not having us in the top 8. Just think about it for 5 seconds and you will figure out that SOMETHING HAPPENED.

Yea and then we didn't make his top 8 list. That means something happened. It doesn't mean Fran couldn't close the deal. Something happened to go from him trying to set up a visit to not having us in the top 8. Just think about it for 5 seconds and you will figure out that SOMETHING HAPPENED.

Moore probably saw Bohannon's High School stats and got scared away ;)

Have Hawk5656 and Stomper90 ever been seen at the same place at the same time? Hmm.

5656 is a hawk fan who always sees the negative. Stomper90 is almost certainly a cyclone fan. It's just subtle things in their posts that make it easy to tell the difference.

5656 is a hawk fan who always sees the negative. Stomper90 is almost certainly a cyclone fan. It's just subtle things in their posts that make it easy to tell the difference.

I'm actually not a negative person at all. The only thing I've been negative about is our PG situation and I think it's justified. If we would have landed Moore or one of our top targets we're probably an NCAA tournament team this year instead of an NIT team. It was that big of a miss. There's a reason everyone connected to the program said we needed to sign a PG in the Spring and we didn't so are they all negative too?

Did Fran miss on Tyus Jones as well? I'm pretty sure he was the first to offer. Are we still holding that against him?

My point is this (for Stomp and 5656). Of those 8 or so guys 5656 mentions we missed on, how many did we have real recruiting relationships with? I know we had a strong relationship with Moore, but something happened there that I don't think any of us fully understand. I remember hearing a few rumblings about Xavier Simpson, but of those other guys how many of them did we have a strong recruiting relationships with? Did they visit? Do you even know if they were ever considering University of Iowa? Fran and the assistants only have a limited amount of time to recruit, just because we may have offered 8 PGs doesn't mean we really recruited them hard. Stomp and 5656 thoughts?

Did Fran miss on Tyus Jones as well? I'm pretty sure he was the first to offer. Are we still holding that against him?

My point is this (for Stomp and 5656). Of those 8 or so guys 5656 mentions we missed on, how many did we have real recruiting relationships with? I know we had a strong relationship with Moore, but something happened there that I don't think any of us fully understand. I remember hearing a few rumblings about Xavier Simpson, but of those other guys how many of them did we have a strong recruiting relationships with? Did they visit? Do you even know if they were ever considering University of Iowa? Fran and the assistants only have a limited amount of time to recruit, just because we may have offered 8 PGs doesn't mean we really recruited them hard. Stomp and 5656 thoughts?

If the staff put all their eggs in the Moore and SImpson basket and didn't build relationships with other PG recruits that's disappointing.

I'm actually not a negative person at all. The only thing I've been negative about is our PG situation and I think it's justified. If we would have landed Moore or one of our top targets we're probably an NCAA tournament team this year instead of an NIT team. It was that big of a miss. There's a reason everyone connected to the program said we needed to sign a PG in the Spring and we didn't so are they all negative too?

Fran still went after the best available player with the last scholarship. He clearly isn't as concerned as everyone else. I get the concern, but it's all speculation on everyone's part. It's easier to have a really good team if you have a really good point guard, but there are other ways to do it. One of the other ways is to always get the best available player.

Fran still went after the best available player with the last scholarship. He clearly isn't as concerned as everyone else. I get the concern, but it's all speculation on everyone's part. It's easier to have a really good team if you have a really good point guard, but there are other ways to do it. One of the other ways is to always get the best available player.

How could you know how he feels about the PG situation? He missed on Moore and Vital and probably didn't have any other PG options so took Daily. There really wasn't much out there besides those two and Spike Albrecht that would have helped us

How could you know how he feels about the PG situation? He missed on Moore and Vital and probably didn't have any other PG options so took Daily. There really wasn't much out there besides those two and Spike Albrecht that would have helped us

Daily is an unknown, unranked kid. There are a hundred just like him that happen to play point guard. If he wanted someone that bad, he could have found someone. And Fran talks all the time about not being concerned with positions. He says we don't need a point guard as long as we have guards who can handle the ball. It's a motion offense. Everyone is everywhere pretty much.

If the staff put all their eggs in the Moore and SImpson basket and didn't build relationships with other PG recruits that's disappointing.

If they spent their time with the recruits they had the best shot with and didn't land them, I don't fault them for that.

You live in this fantasy world where if Iowa calls some kid up he instantly is going to be warm to the idea of playing basketball at Iowa. Maybe the reason they didn't continue to pursue those other guys, was because they really weren't that interested in Iowa.

If they spent their time with the recruits they had the best shot with and didn't land them, I don't fault them for that.

You live in this fantasy world where if Iowa calls some kid up he instantly is going to be warm to the idea of playing basketball at Iowa. Maybe the reason they didn't continue to pursue those other guys, was because they really weren't that interested in Iowa.

Or because Fran wasn't all that interested in them.