Jarrod Uthoff

Re: Ban Bo

I don't agree with the way Bo is handling this UNLESS he suspects corrupt activity from another coaching staff such as Iowa State or Marquette. You know the saying about cheaters think others cheat? Well... the way the Brust situation went down and the way Iowa handled it is something I am proud of. If Brust wanted to play for Wisconsin.. let him! If a player wants to leave Wisconsin, Bo should let him too... again, unless their is something corrupt about it that we are not being told yet.

Interesting that he would ban Iowa St. I wonder if he suspects that Freddie, the transfer king, had something to do with Uthoff's decision to leave.

Iowa should ban Bo Ryan and any of his assistants from the state of IOWA. What a jerk he is,on the release of Utoff.

Wait a minute, do they have the authority to do that? If so Tom Davis should have banned Roy Williams and kept those guys from going to Kansas. :)

I don't agree with the way Bo is handling this UNLESS he suspects corrupt activity from another coaching staff such as Iowa State or Marquette. You know the saying about cheaters think others cheat? Well... the way the Brust situation went down and the way Iowa handled it is something I am proud of. If Brust wanted to play for Wisconsin.. let him! If a player wants to leave Wisconsin, Bo should let him too... again, unless their is something corrupt about it that we are not being told yet.

Wisconsin gave the kid a free ride to their school. They committed to him. He wavered on HIS commitment to the school. They have every right - and it is in their best interest - to not let him go to a school that they would compete against.

There is nothing corrupt about it. Nor is it wrong.

Uthoff is appealing part of his restrictions. The part is the Iowa State limitation. He wants to go to ISU. A poster on CyFan stated supposedly Bo is restricting ISU because of "tampering". Meaning Hoiberg may have contacted Uthoff before he officially announced he was transferring.

Did the kid not watch the boring brand of BBall they play at Wisky. I'm amazed each year that Ryan is able to recruit like he does considering the Lickliter ball they play up north.

Uthoff is appealing part of his restrictions. The part is the Iowa State limitation. He wants to go to ISU. A poster on CyFan stated supposedly Bo is restricting ISU because of "tampering". Meaning Hoiberg may have contacted Uthoff before he officially announced he was transferring.

He also said that it wasn't based on any source...just a guess why.

6-7 6-8 is about right and 170 is pretty close. he might be done, but 6-10 might also be do-able. not hyper athletic but moves well/fluidly. also moves with a purpose, high bball IQ for his age. he's played a lot of ball and it shows. very fundamentally sound. has pretty good feet and nice hands. he showed both on a pass deflection and steal followed by a break away dunk running in traffic. no perimeter game to speak of, 15 feet is his max range right now. no read on his back to the basket game as he didn't get many touches and those he did get he was doubled and tripled. he's not a shotblocker but he's a very willing rebounder.

pretty thin right now but he's got good shoulders. I could see him with a Cyrus Tate body type as a college player.

You think there is any chance he is considering paying his own way at Iowa for a year? Fran's system sounds like what he is looking for.

If you're Fran, do you recruit him and tell him he'll earn a scholarship the second year if he works hard and is in good standing? Or do you offer him only a chance to walk-on, nothing more, and risk losing him to another school?

Not many open scholarships in two years. Is he worth it?

Screw You Bo! It's not even fair playing with you...

bo-jackson1.jpg

he did. brust appealed to the b10. Iowa dropped it.

Iowa did not put any restrictions on Brust. He had to appeal to the Big Ten because of the conference rules and Iowa made it clear they would not fight any decisions the Big Ten made.

I think it is ironic that he swooped in for Brust...from what I understand Bo got in the parents' heads on that one and they took it to the BIG. From there what could Iowa really do?
The funny thing is that he puts an ISU restriction on...for what? When coaches begin to limit where kids can transfer outside their conference it is a crock.

Bo Ryan's days of pulling kids from Iowa were over regardless of uthoff transferring. he's benefited from Iowa having some of the darkest days in program history.

Latest posts