Jarrod Uthoff

Frankly I hope he ends up at ISU. The only Iowan we have on the team is Palo. This is why you don't jump on marginal transfers like Kelsey Barlow. You wait for the good ones.

I think it would be a good idea for him to go the Juco route for next season. Then he would not have to sit out a year and could go anywhere he wanted.

Iowa just got in to late on this guy and I wonder who we would have lost out of last years class had he chosen Iowa.

I think it would be a good idea for him to go the Juco route for next season. Then he would not have to sit out a year and could go anywhere he wanted.

Iowa just got in to late on this guy and I wonder who we would have lost out of last years class had he chosen Iowa.

I think if we landed Uthoff, we don't go after Hubbard.

I wish herby was around, since he is the resident expert on everything. He would be able to tell us how many more wins Iowa would have had with Uthoff last year.

I think if we landed Uthoff, we don't go after Hubbard.

I wish herby was around, since he is the resident expert on everything. He would be able to tell us how many more wins Iowa would have had with Uthoff last year.

But Hubbard was a guard. Uthoff committed in July and White committed in October (i think), would we have lost out on White? If not then perhaps Fran would not have pursued Olaseni.

I commented in the Cedar Rapids Gazette when he signed with Wisky that I couldn't believe he didn't go to Iowa. How can a Cedar Rapids Jefferson graduate not go to Iowa?? I played ball at Jefferson, and that was our dream. But boy, when I said this in the Gazette, I got crucified. Serves him right. He made a crappy choice back then, and now he's paying for it.

I commented in the Cedar Rapids Gazette when he signed with Wisky that I couldn't believe he didn't go to Iowa. How can a Cedar Rapids Jefferson graduate not go to Iowa?? I played ball at Jefferson, and that was our dream. But boy, when I said this in the Gazette, I got crucified. Serves him right. He made a crappy choice back then, and now he's paying for it.

Bo had quite the head start on Fran in Uthoff's recruitment. I considered us very fortunate that we landed Oglesby.

Can't really fault Uthoff when he compared the Iowa and Wisconsin programs back when he was in high school. I'm 28 and a lot of these kids don't dream of playing for the Hawks like we all used to. Hopefully that is changing, and I think it is.

I hate Bo as much as the next guy, but the Brust/Uthoff situations aren't even remotely the same.

Brust never set foot on our campus, didn't know our playbook, didn't know the strengths/weaknesses of our players, didn't know the ins and outs of our program. Uthoff knows all of that about Wisconsin, so if I'm Bo, there's no way I let him go to a rival Big 10 school and I see no issue putting that restriction on him.

Some rumblings on TOS and from a friend of mine in Madison that Uthoff is looking to leave. Once I saw Dekker in the all star game, I wondered if that might spell major loss of PT for Uthoff.

Also lots of hoops action at the rec center in North Liberty this weekend with the AAU tourney. Barnstormes with Morgan and Alexander in action around noon tomorrow ( I think).

Last edited by a moderator:
Some rumblings on TOS and from a friend of mine in Madison that Uthoff is looking to leave. Once I saw Dekker in the all star game, I wondered if that might spell major loss of PT for Uthoff.

Also lots of hoops action at the rec center in North Liberty this weekend with the AAU tourney. Barnstormes with Morgan and Alexander in action around noon tomorrow ( I think).

You've got some sweet inside sources there, any other ground breaking rumors you're hearing?

Jarrod Uthoff to leave Wisconsin, disputes restrictions on scholarship release | TheGazette

That wasn't nice. Not everyone checks those other forum sections and this is a basketball related topic.

I hate Bo as much as the next guy, but the Brust/Uthoff situations aren't even remotely the same.

Brust never set foot on our campus, didn't know our playbook, didn't know the strengths/weaknesses of our players, didn't know the ins and outs of our program. Uthoff knows all of that about Wisconsin, so if I'm Bo, there's no way I let him go to a rival Big 10 school and I see no issue putting that restriction on him.

To me it is a crappy thing to do as it rules out Iowa or Iowa State. Perhaps the kid was just homesick or either of those schools offered more playing time, let him go there and allow his parents the ability to drive and watch him play. If this was my kid I would be all over Bo Ryan about it.

You've got some sweet inside sources there, any other ground breaking rumors you're hearing?

Jarrod Uthoff to leave Wisconsin, disputes restrictions on scholarship release | TheGazette

Wow, you must have one hell of a life. Go push a senior citizen off a curb or kick your dog for fun. Sorry that I read that at 5 am on the TOS and my buddy in WI sent me a text at 8 am giving me crap about Uthoff not being good enough to play at WI.

Yet another reason why visiting this site grows increasingly more pointless due to the creatures that inhabit it.

Wow, you must have one hell of a life. Go push a senior citizen off a curb or kick your dog for fun. Sorry that I read that at 5 am on the TOS and my buddy in WI sent me a text at 8 am giving me crap about Uthoff not being good enough to play at WI.

Yet another reason why visiting this site grows increasingly more pointless due to the creatures that inhabit it.

he's currently yelling 'get off my lawn' at some kid......

:)

To me it is a crappy thing to do as it rules out Iowa or Iowa State. Perhaps the kid was just homesick or either of those schools offered more playing time, let him go there and allow his parents the ability to drive and watch him play. If this was my kid I would be all over Bo Ryan about it.

I guess I don't think it's that crappy. Bo's job is to look out for the kids that want to be on the team and the overall program in general....it's not to look out for someone who doesn't want to be on the team.

Crap happens all the time and life sometimes just isn't fair. He'll just have to learn to deal with that and move on. Something people have to do all the time.

Funny that Bo was so concerned about the welfare of Brust, who was not a player on his team. I understand the restriction of transferring within the league (something Bo was willing to fight) but why the restrictions on him attending a Big 12 team? Looks to me that Ryan is just trying to punish the kid for leaving his program. I guess the welfare of the young man really doesn't come first if it hurts Bo in any way.

I guess I don't think it's that crappy. Bo's job is to look out for the kids that want to be on the team and the overall program in general....it's not to look out for someone who doesn't want to be on the team.

Crap happens all the time and life sometimes just isn't fair. He'll just have to learn to deal with that and move on. Something people have to do all the time.

If this is true then I certainly hope recruits considering Wisconsin are made aware of this, especially those from Iowa.

Last edited:
This thread is funny. I doubt the original Uthoff thread has fallen off the main landing page all day. OP constantly cries about this site and the people on it then continually comes back full of more derp.

Last edited:
It's a legitimate excuse not to have seen the thread already discussing this topic, although it is still annoying.

It is not a legitimate excuse to try and pass off "rumblings you're hearing" when there was a frickin newspaper article about it and practically an official Wisconsin press release.

Latest posts