Jarrod Uthoff

Re: Does Iowa have a shot with Uthoff?

You're crazy.

First off, he was a former Mr. Basketball in this state. When you're a struggling program, you take Mr. Basketball's from your state.

Second, he'd have to sit out a year and then be available for 3. By the time he's ready to play, Basabe would be a senior and White a junior. There's nothing wrong with having a senior, junior and sophomore as your PF/SF options.

Third, you can't blame him for shunning Iowa. We just brought in a new coach that he didn't know from Joe Blow and were coming off our worst stretch in the program's history. Wisky was a known commodity who has been to 5 Sweet 16s in 12 years.

Finally, by all accounts, the reason Bo is blocking so many schools is that he and his coaching staff are extremely impressed by both his skills and his BB IQ. This one hurts them bad. Given that Bo is the winningest coach in Big 10 history and his teams have never finished lower than 4th in his 12 years as coach, he certainly knows a thing or two about players. That's enough for me.

I don't see it. The intra-conference restriction won't be lifted because it is common place with transfers so that right there would make it tough for him to get to Iowa.

Look at what ISU does, they welcome transfers with open arms and Hoiberg was recruiting him in HS. Plus with what Hoiberg has done with TransferU I think Jarrod would feel comfortable in that setting especially when they could really use him in 2013 losing half their team to graduation next season.

Re: Does Iowa have a shot with Uthoff?

I don't see it. The intra-conference restriction won't be lifted because it is common place with transfers so that right there would make it tough for him to get to Iowa.

Look at what ISU does, they welcome transfers with open arms and Hoiberg was recruiting him in HS. Plus with what Hoiberg has done with TransferU I think Jarrod would feel comfortable in that setting especially when they could really use him in 2013 losing half their team to graduation next season.

This is a special situation given all of the negative press in addition to Wisky fighting for Brust in the past. I see them giving a full release with no restrictions.

And your hard-on for all things ISU gets really old. You really should consider a name-change.

Finally, how would he be comfortable with transfers who only transferred there because they were kicked off their previous team?

Fran wasn't good enough for him the first time. Plus Iowa has only 2 scholarships available in 2013 and a lot of other options out there.

Ummmm yeah.... I'm guessing our coach isn't going to be as butt-hurt over this as you are, and even if he was he'd be man enough to get over it especially if it would help his team, cause it's his job to win games and stuff.

Fran wasn't good enough for him the first time. Plus Iowa has only 2 scholarships available in 2013 and a lot of other options out there.

Fran was unknown and hadn't coached a game at Iowa. Iowa's program sucked a$$. Bo is the winningest coach in Big 10 history with more Sweet 16s in the last twelve years than Iowa has in its history. Pretty hard to blame a kid for making that decision.

The only question is, is Uthoff better than someone we can get in the 2013 class for 4 years? This is basically the same as banking a scholarhsip and seeing if you can get a better guy for the 2013 class. If Iowa takes Uthoff, then only 1 scholly for 2013

Fran was unknown and hadn't coached a game at Iowa. Iowa's program sucked a$$. Bo is the winningest coach in Big 10 history with more Sweet 16s in the last twelve years than Iowa has in its history. Pretty hard to blame a kid for making that decision.

Really? Because Iowa has 7 sweet 16 appearances and Wisconsin has 6. God youre ******* stupid

I am not sure if Fran goes after Uthoff again or not. If he does and Uthoff comes here the games against Wisconsin just got more fun. Iowa fans booing Brust when playing in CHA and Wisconsin fans booing Uthoff when playing in Madison.

The best thing about this entire situation is every Iowa basketball player will now 2nd guess going to Wisconsin. One less school Fran has to compete with for our instate talent.

Really? Because Iowa has 7 sweet 16 appearances and Wisconsin has 6. God youre ******* stupid

Nice personal attack bud. Oh, and nice language, too. Cursing is the last resort of the stupid.

A 17-18 yr old recruit was born in 1994-1995. We have ONE Sweet 16 in that time period (when they were 4 or 5) and Wisky has 5 in the last 12 years. I hate that they do, but I'm only pointing out the facts. If that bothers you, then that's a you problem pal.

Oh, and by the way, the term "Sweet 16" didn't apply until the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985.

So we have 3 Sweet 16's in that time ('87, '88, and '99).

Wisconsin has 5 ('03, '05, '08, '11, '12).

Now who's stupid?

Oh, and by the way, the term "Sweet 16" didn't apply until the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985.

So we have 3 Sweet 16's in that time ('87, '88, and '99).

Wisconsin has 5 ('03, '05, '08, '11, '12).

Now who's stupid?

Actually, the Iowa SID recognizes Iowa has competed in 7 Sweet Sixteens.
So you would be incorrect.

Actually, the Iowa SID recognizes Iowa has competed in 7 Sweet Sixteens.
So you would be incorrect.

That was after the fact when the term became popular. I guarantee you with 100% certainty that when we made the Final Four in '55 or the championship game in '56 or the final four in '80 that no one used the term Sweet 16.

irregardless ricos comments were true in spirit if not factually, and dude that called him out is out of line

...you keep saying this. You know it's not correct, right?

Overall:
Bob Knight @ Indiana 662-239 (.735)
Thad Matta @ Ohio State 221-65 (.775)
Bo Ryan @ Wisconsin 268-101 (.726)

Big Ten Play:
Bill Self @ Illinois 35-13 (.729)
Thad Matta @ Ohio State 98-40 (.7101)
Bo Ryan @ Wisconsin 132-54 (.7096)

...and that's just a cursory check.

Uthoff must be one helluva player for Bo to go this far to ensure his team never has to play against him.

Latest posts