Jarrod Uthoff

...you keep saying this. You know it's not correct, right?

Overall:
Bob Knight @ Indiana 662-239 (.735)
Thad Matta @ Ohio State 221-65 (.775)
Bo Ryan @ Wisconsin 268-101 (.726)

Big Ten Play:
Bill Self @ Illinois 35-13 (.729)
Thad Matta @ Ohio State 98-40 (.7101)
Bo Ryan @ Wisconsin 132-54 (.7096)

...and that's just a cursory check.

Sorry, forgot the qualifier of "at least 10 years in the league"....

Sorry, forgot the qualifier of "at least 10 years in the league"....

Pretty sure Bob Knight was in the league longer than 10 years but whatever. That's the beauty of stats. If you put enough qualifiers in there you can make them say whatever you want to.

Bo is getting destroyed by people on ESPN right now. The posts are generating so fast I couldn't even keep up with them all. I hate Bo Ryan. I hate Wisconsin. I love seeing the bad PR they're getting. I don't care if it's right or wrong why they're getting the bad PR I just love seeing it happen. Now if only Bielema can do something like this to get the entire country steamed at him...

Pretty sure Bob Knight was in the league longer than 10 years but whatever. That's the beauty of stats. If you put enough qualifiers in there you can make them say whatever you want to.

Knight's Big 10 winning % wasn't as high.

Just a difference of opinion....no biggie. I tend to value winning % over a long period of time more than I do total wins.

Yeah, well Todd Lickliter was the winningest coach in the history of the world from November 14, 2008 to November 25, 2008. So Bo can stuff it.

That was after the fact when the term became popular. I guarantee you with 100% certainty that when we made the Final Four in '55 or the championship game in '56 or the final four in '80 that no one used the term Sweet 16.

I would say a final 4 in '55, a finals apprearance in '56, and another final 4 appearance in '80 are of greater value than a Sweet 16 appearance since '85.

Just a difference of opinion....no biggie. I tend to value winning % over a long period of time more than I do total wins.

I'll answer my own question...

there are just 3 coaches in the Big Ten with 10 or more seasons right now - Carmody, Izzo, and Ryan.

I'll answer my own question...

there are just 3 coaches in the Big Ten with 10 or more seasons right now - Carmody, Izzo, and Ryan.

I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about ever.

No coach with 10 or more seasons in the Big 10 conference has ever had as good of a winning % as Bo Ryan. I hate the guy, but those are the facts.

IMO, it's clear BoBo was unable to create a relationship with the kid. If this would have occured the transfer would have never occured. I bet he just got tired of hearing BoBo's voice and said to himself, Enoung is enough, I'm out."

What's worse for wisconsin and bo ryan?: the publicity over this ordeal or having your style of play being called lickball?

cursory is a great word, I need to use that more often.

You have my leave, good sire.

I'm just letting everyone know that I am going to start trying to incorporate the work "cursory" because of wundergrape earlier this spring. I had almost forgotten about it.

Also, going back and reading this thread is great on several levels. Especially some posters certain of Uthoff's fate.

I'm just letting everyone know that I am going to start trying to incorporate the work "cursory" because of wundergrape earlier this spring. I had almost forgotten about it.

Also, going back and reading this thread is great on several levels. Especially some posters certain of Uthoff's fate.

Giving your work a cursory read, I'm not sure this is going to work.

But have at it. Or take your leave.

Also, by continuing to bump this, we'll get HN all worried something is actually going on with Uthoff.

Latest posts