Jarrod Uthoff

Re: Uthoff update

Come to Iowa. Apply for financial aid. Be a walk-on for a year. Leaving college with 1 year of tuition debt is still pretty damn good.

Since uthoff is losing a year of elgibility anyways, why couldn't he transfer to a JC? Couldn't he do that and then be free to transfer to wherever he wants? Since he has to lose a year anyways might as well play somewhere.

Bo comes off looking like a complete *** in all of this Brust\Utoff thing. I think the days of Iowa losing instate players to Wisky is over.

Bo comes off looking like a complete *** in all of this Brust\Utoff thing. I think the days of Iowa losing instate players to Wisky is over.

Even without the Wisky fiasco, I think the days of Wisky poaching Iowa players was going to be over anyway.

We're definitely on the upswing and offer a great style of play.

ISU is certainly on the upswing and also offers a great style of play.

UNI is a perrenial conference title contender.

Many times these things go in cycles. When ND and Illinois were both stinking up the joint big-time in football, we got A LOT of really good players from Illinois as a result. That's how things go when the in-state insitutions don't offer anything positive within their programs.

Now that the momentum is back with the in-state schools, I don't think we'll see a lot of instances where a Marcus Paige, a Harrison Barnes, etc leaves the state.

Even without the Wisky fiasco, I think the days of Wisky poaching Iowa players was going to be over anyway.

We're definitely on the upswing and offer a great style of play.

ISU is certainly on the upswing and also offers a great style of play.

UNI is a perrenial conference title contender.

Many times these things go in cycles. When ND and Illinois were both stinking up the joint big-time in football, we got A LOT of really good players from Illinois as a result. That's how things go when the in-state insitutions don't offer anything positive within their programs.

Now that the momentum is back with the in-state schools, I don't think we'll see a lot of instances where a Marcus Paige, a Harrison Barnes, etc leaves the state.

And Wisconsin's a perennial Sweet 16 team unlike any of the teams you mentioned. I wouldn't overstate this. I can see it not being as easy for the poaching but it's not going to end.

A fair list would have been the Big Ten and Marquette.. Everything else is riduculous

Agree. The funny thing if Bo would have done that, this wouldn't be a story.

The fact that he included the ACC is laughable and including ISU is just making him seem more like a ****** because of where Uthoff is from.

I have absolutely no problem with Bo not wanting him to go to Iowa.

And Wisconsin's a perennial Sweet 16 team unlike any of the teams you mentioned. I wouldn't overstate this. I can see it not being as easy for the poaching but it's not going to end.

In 12 seasons under Ryan, they made the Sweet 16 5 times. Not sure that could be considered "perrenial", but I do know what you're saying. Certainly better than any in-state school in recent history.

I still think that if we get a couple of NCAAs under our belt and couple that with Fran's style of play....I think we can go a long ways towards shutting the door to outside programs poaching our players.

If you look back at history, the only times that our best in-state kids really left the state was during coaching change/turmoil at the 2 major in-state universities or when they both sucked.

Re: Decision on Uthoff tomorrow

I don't know about not having Bo or Barry around for the meeting. Do you think this is a good or bad sign?

I don't think he should be able to go to any big ten school and should have to sit out a year. Do we want that can or worms opened? What if Aaron White wants to play for Ohio State next year?

That can of worms has already been opened with Brust. If someone has yet to play for a team... and wishes to transfer.... let him! Same with White... if White no longer wants to be a Hawkeye... I think it is only fair to let him go.

Latest posts