Jarrod Uthoff

Re: Uthoff update

I don't want to spend a scholarship on Uthoff anyway. I think he would be a flop. We can get better talent now because WE ARE BACK!

I don't want to spend a scholarship on Uthoff anyway. I think he would be a flop. We can get better talent now because WE ARE BACK!

I agree, I don't really want to use a scholarship on him. At the same time Bo is being a d0uch for sure. I get stopping him from transferring in the Big10 and Marquette, but the others are just him showing his true colors. Those that are saying he is protecting his team, how is he doing that by not allowing a transfer to ISU or the ACC? This is purely a guy who is a d!ck, being what he naturally is, and that is a d!ck.

I ran into Bo Ryan at the diner last night. At that point I decided that the best course of action was rather to eat my amazing looking sunny side up eggs, to smear them all over my face.

"See Bo, I'm just like you... I have egg on my face. *******."

I was then forcibly removed.

I feel bad for Uthoff, well sorta, he should have never picked Wisconsin in the first place. But this is AWESOME! Bo Ryan is showing the entire world how much of a ***** he is and every recruit he goes after is going to second guess attending that school. Bo Ryan can take a job anywhere in the country but he gets to decide where someone that transfers from his program can go to school. I get keeping him from going to another B1G school and maybe Marquette, but banning Iowa State and the ACC is just plain stupid.

I agree, I don't really want to use a scholarship on him. At the same time Bo is being a d0uch for sure. I get stopping him from transferring in the Big10 and Marquette, but the others are just him showing his true colors. Those that are saying he is protecting his team, how is he doing that by not allowing a transfer to ISU or the ACC? This is purely a guy who is a d!ck, being what he naturally is, and that is a d!ck.

I love it! Recruiting our own state just got a little easier for Fran.

Stay out of our state you pr1ck!

Its funny. Didn't Bo Ryan leave his last job after just 2 years, yet he could go wherever he wanted? Did he fulfill his contract at UW Milwaukee? I doubt it. Talk about a hypocritical *******. Its also funny that I see no one here mentioning this.

Last edited:

Big difference between Brust and Uthoff. Never enrolling and spending a year at a place is a big difference. Also, when the coach recruiting you is fired adds to the difference.

When Marcellus Sommerville wanted to transfer after coming to Iowa and redshirting his first year, Iowa did not block his transfer to Bradley even tho it was pretty apparent that his Peoria Central head coach's son,an assistant at Bradley probably tampered with Sommerville to entice him to Bradley. Iowa took the high road,and let him go where he wanted. Even SA makes Bo look like a classy dude.

To me the Brust situation. does not matter. Remove that comparison, but again, why can a coach leave a school under contract and not have to sit Ã* year? Bo Ryan left UW Milwaukee after 2 years. Jay Bilas makes a great valid point. Did Bo Ryan fulfill his contract? He was free to go where he wanted and left his kids high and dry. Why the double standard?

A fair list would have been the Big Ten and Marquette.. Everything else is riduculous

I tend to agree with this. I don't see a problem with not allowing an in-league transfer, especially now that players can receive a scholarship if they transfer in-league. However, all that is going to do is basically mean coaches will not release a transfer to other conference teams. This will create some interesting stories in the coming years, though.

The restriction against the ACC is nuts. Eamon Brennan of ESPN wondered if the ISU thing was slapped on there due to Ryan not liking ISU's becoming Transfer U.

I tend to agree with this. I don't see a problem with not allowing an in-league transfer, especially now that players can receive a scholarship if they transfer in-league. However, all that is going to do is basically mean coaches will not release a transfer to other conference teams. This will create some interesting stories in the coming years, though.

The restriction against the ACC is nuts. Eamon Brennan of ESPN wondered if the ISU thing was slapped on there due to Ryan not liking ISU's becoming Transfer U.

Who the **** are you JD to play God and tell Bo what is nuts and what isn't nuts?

You do realize that we play a B1G/ACC challenge every year don't you?

That means that there is a 1/14 chance that Uthoff could play against Bo each year?

If I'm Bo, I don't like those odds.

As a matter of fact, if I were Bo, I'd restrict all auto qualifier conferences because Wisconsin tends to play a 11 seed or lower and most of those aren't power conference teams.

Kid wants to transfer, **** him! I'd make him go play at Platteville and give a li'l sumtin sumtin to my old employer.

That'll show him to cross Bo.

To me the Brust situation. does not matter. Remove that comparison, but again, why can a coach leave a school under contract and not have to sit Ã* year? Bo Ryan left UW Milwaukee after 2 years. Jay Bilas makes a great valid point. Did Bo Ryan fulfill his contract? He was free to go where he wanted and left his kids high and dry. Why the double standard?
Regardless of who is making the argument, the "Fulfilling your contract" case against a coach is kind of stupid. All of these contracts have out clauses in them so when they leave they definitely ARE fulfilling their contract, as they are leaving in a manner that is outlined in their contract.

Next argument please.

I think the restrictions are excessive, but I do like the idea that you cannot transfer within the conference and be on athletic scholarship. This rule helps maintain a little civility among the schools.

However, if Uthoff wanted to come to Iowa or Indiana he'd have to be a walk on and pay his own way. What are the NCAA rules around who actually pays that tuition & room/board? Does it have to be his own parents, or could a "friend of the family" decide to award him a scholarship based upon academic reasons? And does the NCAA really research where the money comes from to pay tuition for non-scholarship students?

If I was him I would just go to a junior college for a year and then transfer any where I wanted to.

If I was him I would just go to a junior college for a year and then transfer any where I wanted to.

I agree with this. If he transfers to another Div I school, he'd have to sit out a year. Since he redshirted last year, that'd be 2 years without playing a competitive basketball game. That's a long time to be out.

I would say this route is probably the best option if he gets really angry about the restrictions. Do that and transfer to a school who will be playing them twice a year.

To me the Brust situation. does not matter. Remove that comparison, but again, why can a coach leave a school under contract and not have to sit �* year? Bo Ryan left UW Milwaukee after 2 years. Jay Bilas makes a great valid point. Did Bo Ryan fulfill his contract? He was free to go where he wanted and left his kids high and dry. Why the double standard?
Regardless of who is making the argument, the "Fulfilling your contract=" case against a coach is kind of stupid. All of these contracts have out clauses in them so when they leave they definitely ARE fulfilling their contract, as they are leaving in a manner that is outlined in their contract. Next argument please.
=

Not true. In some cases, yes. In all....not true. There is a reason that some contracts have out clauses for a coach to go to a certain school if that job comes open. Its not true that that is the case for all schools.

Next.

Few thoughts:

I agree PatrickAdamovicz that if we are going to restrict players who want to leave then we also need to restrict coaches who bolt at the first job offer they get. The school has more invested in them than they do one player who wants to transfer, and every time a good coach leaves it potentially sets your program back a few years.

I think this is making Bo look bad, which I love. It was even on the front page of the Chicago Tribune's website late yesterday afternoon. The ACC and ISU restrictions really look bad.

If this was Marcus Paige It'd be one thing, but I don't see Uthoff as a program changer myself and just not really sure we'd want him anyway. Not saying Bo isn't still a jerk but as far as how it affects us not too worried about it as I think Fran has his eye on other players.

Can someone please clarify the Brust situation. I'm not sure Iowa actually "took the high road' as far as some are implying. I know they released him (Brust), with less restrictions than Bo, but I don't think it was until the Big 10 stepped in that he was released to go to another BIG school. Pretty sure Iowa's original restrictions were no BIG school. Just sayin.

Perhaps this whole situation will make some of our in state recruits think twice about leaving for greener pastures as they might not get the chance to come home again.

Is anyone else more excited about getting back to bball season next year than football? :)

Latest posts