Jake Kelly Considers Iowa Return

There is passion, Jon, you just have to know where to look for it.

Also, with the beauty of Twitter, e-mail, etc... information spreads quickly. There are a lot of MVC teams/fans interested in Jake's status, as well, not just Hawk fans.

There is passion, Jon, you just have to know where to look for it.

Also, with the beauty of Twitter, e-mail, etc... information spreads quickly. There are a lot of MVC teams/fans interested in Jake's status, as well, not just Hawk fans.

Yeah, I just noticed the pingback list on the bottom of this thread.

Classes at Iowa start on Tuesday. How much sense would it make for the first day of the spring semester to be on the Friday before a 3 day weekend?

My bad. this morning show has my mind all jacked up! I swear I thought tomorrow was freaking Tuesday. Bonus!

Just received word from the source I spoke with this morning that was uncertain of Kelly's decision, that Kelly has informed the Indiana State staff that he is staying there.

Just received word from the source I spoke with this morning that was uncertain of Kelly's decision, that Kelly has informed the Indiana State staff that he is staying there.

Okay but like you said Jon. He told Iowa the same. Still could have an interesting weekend...:p

Okay but like you said Jon. He told Iowa the same. Still could have an interesting weekend...:p

I guess that is true...I feel for the kid. Clearly, he is conflicted...and I think he needs some outside help to help him deal with what he has had to go through.

I guess that is true...I feel for the kid. Clearly, he is conflicted...and I think he needs some outside help to help him deal with what he has had to go through.

I agree. By the looks of this we are dealing with a very confused young man. It also sounds like he has some regrets for leaving the Iowa Program.

It's not April 1st is it???

LOL. Never was, no.

Just to bring people up to speed, I know these as facts, based on my source on this matter that is solid gold:

-At least as recently as over the weekend, the Indiana State coaches were unsure what Jake's future held, as he had voiced an interest in returning to Iowa. This was still the case in the week hours of this morning, based on a communication I had. There was no decision yet, but the source told me that today was going to be the day he made up his mind
-jake is very conflicted, and a lot of people want to see the kid seek some help in dealing with some of the issues he has had to face...understandable..and these feelings of wanting to come back to Iowa did not just pop up last week. I had people email me about this over the weekend, and I didn't buy it at all. Until today.
-Midmorning, folks in Indiana were losing confidence he would remain. Also Midmorning, Rick Brown of the Des Moines Register wrote something similar to what I wrote this morning: LINK
-Then this afternoon, there were a few 'breakthroughs' if you will on the Sycamore front, and Jake has decided to stay.

I have no doubt he will continue to say this stuff was all rumors. I don't really care about that. I just want the kid to be happy and I hope this will mean that for him.

Last edited:
whats the point to have him back for a half season? he's not that good anyway

I remember Jon saying something like he thought Jake would have become the greatest Hawkeye Basketball player from his lifetime. Something like that, I was a little shocked, didn't see it in him

it doesnt matter what jake decides now. he could transfer next week, next month, or over the summer and still be eligible to play all of 2011-2012 as a senior.

I remember Jon saying something like he thought Jake would have become the greatest Hawkeye Basketball player from his lifetime. Something like that, I was a little shocked, didn't see it in him

Never said that. I said I felt he had an unusually diverse skill set for an Iowa player and that he could play into one of the five best players in the last 20-25 years, at Iowa

it doesnt matter what jake decides now. he could transfer next week, next month, or over the summer and still be eligible to play all of 2011-2012 as a senior.

True. I wonder if the word of his interest might have predated any discussion with the staff about availability of a ride?

In any event I wish Jake the best. Would have been very happy to have him back here as a walk-on. I hope he gets his medical RS and is able to play two more full seasons at Indiana State.

Too bad Jake won't be returning...having him for the second half of the season would of worked out perfectly as Jake could of picked up the slack of jacking up three's when Tucker has his annual 'kids being kids' mid-season meltdown.

Combine the two of them and we would of had a full-season contributor.

If Jake wants to come back and just be a student, that is fine with me. Really, the only one that knows what he is going to do, is Jake Kelly.

HEy Tweeter are smoking doob!? Standing O at CHA! You have to have a crowd to have a standing O!

Prediction: jake ends up comin to iowa.. N leads us to a sweet 16 at least. Dude will make good money playin pro ball if healthy. Some of u must not remember his game.

Latest posts