Isu prediction

I think you'll hear it again after September 10th.

I hope so. I don't think you can really blame him though if his QB and offensive line sucks. Someone has to get a WR the ball accurately and on time in order for them to make an impact.

You can blame him for being stupid enough to go to ISU

200.gif

Does anyone seriously think ISU's program can get better than 4 wins next year? Yes they will play Iowa tough. But in the end, they are a bad program in a mediocre conference. Last year Iowa pulled out the game in the last 5 minutes. They are returning 9 starters from that defense this year, but their problem is deeper than that, they don't have replacements for their starters. They are made up of guys who barely made it to div 1 football and Juco transfers.

Just got done re watching last years ISU game. ISU was never even in the game in the second half. They had 4 1st downs the entire half, and never crossed the 50 yard line. The only reason that game wasn't a 3 TD blowout was because of Canzeri's fumble.

I don't usually like making prediction on the Iowa vs ISU game, but take Iowa and the points in this one, it will be an easy win. Watching ISU try to move the ball against Iowa after Iowa made it's halftime adjustments was just fun TV. The way Iowa adjusted at halftime to losing Ott was really pretty amazing how they just shut them completely down without him.

Iowa should win the game by two touchdowns on a bad day. ISU just doesn't have the guys upfront on either side of the ball and they are building their defense to stop Big 12 passing teams. Iowa should be able to run the ball down their throat.

Ok, let's get this out of the way. I am a Cyclone fan, I can hear and choose not to react to the name calling nor the insults. I do like to have fan banter and enjoy witty give and take.
That being said, I'm not a troll, But do think the Hawks are favored to win by double digits and for good reason. First year Head Coach, they are coming off a terrible season, and lastly they have a terrible returning starter player number.
Contrary to thought here MOST of the Cyclone Nation does not (only the low information Clone fan)see this IOWA VS IOWA STATE game as their SUPER BOWL.. They do see it as a important game, there is always more importance to a game when there is a rivalry, ( evidence this post, so Hawkeye Nation must deem it a rivalry as well.)
Have a great season...

Ok, let's get this out of the way. I am a Cyclone fan, I can hear and choose not to react to the name calling nor the insults. I do like to have fan banter and enjoy witty give and take.
That being said, I'm not a troll, But do think the Hawks are favored to win by double digits and for good reason. First year Head Coach, they are coming off a terrible season, and lastly they have a terrible returning starter player number.
Contrary to thought here MOST of the Cyclone Nation does not (only the low information Clone fan)see this IOWA VS IOWA STATE game as their SUPER BOWL.. They do see it as a important game, there is always more importance to a game when there is a rivalry, ( evidence this post, so Hawkeye Nation must deem it a rivalry as well.)
Have a great season...

Clearly you don't expect ISU to win this game but care to wager a prediction?

To your Super Bowl comments: Serious question, you state that there is more importance to this game being that it is a rivalry game and all but does ISU even have another rivalry game? I know they used to somewhat treat Nebraska as a rivalry game (albeit a lopsided one) but besides Iowa who do they have? Kansas? If Iowa is their only rivalry game, why wouldn't it be considered their Super Bowl if, as you said, they put more importance on rivalries?

Have a great season...

I think the difference between Hawk fan and Clone fan is the fact that Iowa has rivalries with orher schools, whereas ISU doesn't. Iowa's tradition vs Minnesota, and Wisconsin is much richer and deeper than the ISU game. Iowa also has a budding rivalry vs Nebraska. ISU has none of this, the only real focused rival you have is Iowa.

I also think you are delusional if you don't think the Iowa game is ISU #Superbowl. When you ask an ISU fan to compare the last 17 years of the two programs, the first, last, and only thing they will talk about is their record vs Iowa. Iowa fan on the other hand will talk about multiple B1G championships, multiple BCS bowl games, multiple Jan 1 Bowl games, they will talk about big time nationally televised games vs multiple programs, they will talk about B1G coach of the year honors, national coach of the year honors, they will talk about All Americans, and 1st round draft picks, they will talk about the dozens of players on the NFL. Iowa fan will talk about OVERALL EXCELLECNE. ISU fan only cares about that record vs Iowa. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

denvogs, I don't feel any more delusional then most fans, but let me answer your question if I may pertaining another rivalry that Iowa State may have in football. The definition of the word rivalry is competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field. I would go on to define it more to include the ability to compete with equal or near equal win loss records. (Iowa and iowa State last 20 year win loss record is 10-10) which of course changes the dynamics of the game. I think we can agree the fact that each team belongs to the State of Iowa leads to deeper emotions for the game, as evidence of both home crowds having rushed the field upon the games completion.
Emotions are different when it come to conference play.
Teams such as Nebraska and Missouri were natural rivals because of the proximity to Iowa, upon their departures , West Virginia, and TCU hasn't been in the league long enough to have developed the same emotion as to Iowa /Iowa State. Kansas would have to be the closest to the emotional game I am assuming you are talking about. It's Kansas because of the carry over from the basketball season. Hawks 31-Cyclones10

denvogs, I don't feel any more delusional then most fans, but let me answer your question if I may pertaining another rivalry that Iowa State may have in football. The definition of the word rivalry is competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field. I would go on to define it more to include the ability to compete with equal or near equal win loss records. (Iowa and iowa State last 20 year win loss record is 10-10) which of course changes the dynamics of the game. I think we can agree the fact that each team belongs to the State of Iowa leads to deeper emotions for the game, as evidence of both home crowds having rushed the field upon the games completion.
Teams such as Nebraska and Missouri were natural rivals because of the proximity to Iowa, upon their departures , West Virginia, and TCU hasn't been in the league long enough to have developed the same emotion as to Iowa /Iowa State. Kansas would have to be the closest to the emotional game I am assuming you are talking about. It's Kansas because of the carry over from the basketball season. Hawks 31-Cyclones10

This only proves that it is a #Superbowl for ISU. You admit you have no other rivals really to speak of (and please don't say Kansas is a FOOTBALL rival). You of course quoted the record vs Iowa (conveniently only over the time period that makes it look good for you).

Every Clone fan would have traded their left nut, and a win over either Kansas or Texas for a win over Iowa. You would have spoiled your only rival's perfect regular season, and what difference would it make if you won 1 game in the B1G or 2?

This only proves that it is a #Superbowl for ISU. You admit you have no other rivals really to speak of (and please don't say Kansas is a FOOTBALL rival). You of course quoted the record vs Iowa (conveniently only over the time period that makes it look good for you).

Every Clone fan would have traded their left nut, and a win over either Kansas or Texas for a win over Iowa. You would have spoiled your only rival's perfect regular season, and what difference would it make if you won 1 game in the B1G or 2?

Denvog, I value my left nut more than any football game so let's be clear about that. I'm not sure if you saw the last few Iowa State/Texas games but I will have to point out that lately Texas hasn't been so tough to beat. I am not sure why you feel that by mentioning the win loss record of a team to help clarify my postition gives you belief and confirmation that is "our" Super bowl game but if it makes you feel better please continue. How far do I need to go back to make you feel better? I thought the point iwas making was about being competive not the record. Here is a bone for you tho...Congrats on 15 straight wins over ISU!
I also see that you are still bitter about a terrible iowa state team winning when the Hawks went 10-1 wow ...

Denvog, I value my left nut more than any football game so let's be clear about that. I'm not sure if you saw the last few Iowa State/Texas games but I will have to point out that lately Texas hasn't been so tough to beat. I am not sure why you feel that by mentioning the win loss record of a team to help clarify my postition gives you belief and confirmation that is "our" Super bowl game but if it makes you feel better please continue. How far do I need to go back to make you feel better? I thought the point iwas making was about being competive not the record. Here is a bone for you tho...Congrats on 15 straight wins over ISU!
I also see that you are still bitter about a terrible iowa state team winning when the Hawks went 10-1 wow ...

Ok, I might exaggerate some, only 50% of Clown fans would trade their left nut. My point being it is the single most important win on the schedule 90% of the time. By that I mean adding 1 more win in conference really means nothing, it is the different between 2 or 3 conference wins.......BUT, beating Iowa is the gift that keeps on giving year around for Cyclone fans. You can then say you are 11-10 vs Iowa over the last 21 years, all the while ignoring the overall success/failure of the two programs.

As far as bitter goes, losing to ISU isn't on the list. It is more like an annoyance, because then you gotta listen to all the things I listed in this and the previous post.

When did we rush the field against Iowa State?

Agree.

Looked it up, and there are 5 games that Iowa should have won:

02 - 35 -31
07 - 15 -13
11 - 44 - 41
12 - 9 - 6
14 - 20 -17

I get it, they didn't win those games, so his record remains at an anemic sub-.500.

On the other hand, I don't think there is one Iowa win that Clone fans can reasonably claim (I know, it's difficult to ask an ISU fan to be reasonable) that ISU should have won. Sorry, but it is their Super Bowl. It just is.

If you look back the series with KF his first two teams which were not very good could of and should have beat ISU. In one the hawks got an interception from a lbkr and ran it back to the isu 20+ yard line but then fumbled the ball back to isu. somethink you dont see happen that much and it could have led to a win.

Denvog, I value my left nut more than any football game so let's be clear about that. I'm not sure if you saw the last few Iowa State/Texas games but I will have to point out that lately Texas hasn't been so tough to beat. I am not sure why you feel that by mentioning the win loss record of a team to help clarify my postition gives you belief and confirmation that is "our" Super bowl game but if it makes you feel better please continue. I also see that you are still bitter about a terrible iowa state team winning when the Hawks went 10-1 wow ...oh,I would like to throw you props, congrats to the Hawks on winning 15 in row! In the 80's

The way I see the rivalry. As for the fan bases. We both love the game and want to win. We talk smack before it. The difference is clone fans will go on about it year round. It's all they got. If they win, it's about how they are so much better. It's their measuring stick. Most hawk fans are just ready to move on to the rest of the season.
For the teams, and maybe Campbell will change this, Iowa moves on much better. They, although excited about the game, treat it as development towards the conference season. The clones have always seemed to feel like the Iowa game is the main thing on their schedule.
Just how I see it.