Isu prediction

As always, it will be an interesting game. I haven't broken down a game since last season and I'm kind of itching to do so... so here's my take in early August:

Best Match Up To Watch: King and Mabin vs Lazard

ISU's receiving corp, unlike the last couple years, takes a pretty steep drop off after Lazard. Dondre Daley is the guy who will line up opposite Lazard and he was ISU's 5th leading receiver last season. That's a big drop off. Matt Campbell has already made it clear that they are going to line Lazard up all over the field in order to try and create mismatches and let him make plays. Desmond King or not, Lazard is a match-up nightmare at 6'5'' 223 lbs. Plus Iowa typically likes to keep King on one side of the field and Mabin on the other. I'm not sure we'll see a whole lot of King vs Lazard in this game because the tape proves it isn't wise to test Desmond. Mabin will likely be the guy who needs to step up, and he has the experience and ability to do so. I'm sure Lazard will get his, but if Mabin can limit him to average or below average numbers it will be a huge help for Iowa in this game.

They actually had Josh Jackson on Lazard one on one a number of times for last year's game and he did very well, especially in the second half. I kept thinking he would get beat but he held his own.

They actually had Josh Jackson on Lazard one on one a number of times for last year's game and he did very well, especially in the second half. I kept thinking he would get beat but he held his own.

Hmm thanks for the heads up. That must have been when Iowa was in their Raider package?

Hmm thanks for the heads up. That must have been when Iowa was in their Raider package?

I can't remember for certain, but I was at the game with my wife and I focused on what Lazard was doing so I just remember saying a number of times they are having Josh Jackson cover Lazard and if Richardson was smart he would put up a ball and let Lazard get it, but each time I watched Jackson had great coverage and he was one on one. I do see now that Lanning states he will just toss up balls now if he gets in trouble he will throw toward Lazard and let Lazard go and get it. I see where CJB said that Josh Jackson is the most athletic football player on the team. I think he started out at receiver or they tried him there and moved him to Corner on D. He's a tall kid for a corner.

I know guys it's early so I'll prolly get roasted but I have a few isu friends and they are predicting a cyclone win. I was told that they have a qb this year that is the best they have had on campus in decades. They have lots of talent this year they say. What is yur guy's predictions

The OP is a troll, but I'm sick of the continued hype from the ISU wanna be program, coach and fan base.

UNI - Win (FCS, they love to talk about their tough schedule)
@ Iowa - Loss
@ TCU - Loss
San Jose St - Win (Mountain West, they love to talk about their tough schedule)
Baylor - Loss
@ Ok State - Loss
@ Texas - Loss (Strong's gotta figure it out at some point, right?)
KSU - Loss
OK - Loss
@ Kansas - Win (Worst team in FBS, they love to talk about their tough schedule)
Tx Tech - Loss
WV - Loss

3-9...Again. No o-line, no linebackers, Lanning and Lazard over-rated. Can we stop talking about this weak a** program.

The OP is a troll, but I'm sick of the continued hype from the ISU wanna be program, coach and fan base.

UNI - Win (FCS, they love to talk about their tough schedule)
@ Iowa - Loss
@ TCU - Loss
San Jose St - Win (Mountain West, they love to talk about their tough schedule)
Baylor - Loss
@ Ok State - Loss
@ Texas - Loss (Strong's gotta figure it out at some point, right?)
KSU - Loss
OK - Loss
@ Kansas - Win (Worst team in FBS, they love to talk about their tough schedule)
Tx Tech - Loss
WV - Loss

3-9...Again. No o-line, no linebackers, Lanning and Lazard over-rated. Can we stop talking about this weak a** program.

I wouldn't even count on them for sure beating UNI and San Jose St.

I know guys it's early so I'll prolly get roasted but I have a few isu friends and they are predicting a cyclone win. I was told that they have a qb this year that is the best they have had on campus in decades. They have lots of talent this year they say. What is yur guy's predictions
Iowa also has a QB this year that is the best they have had on campus in decades. I predict PAIN for the Clowns under the lights in Kinnick. There is no way Iowa loses that game....they will be SKY HIGH for the Clowns

I can't remember for certain, but I was at the game with my wife and I focused on what Lazard was doing so I just remember saying a number of times they are having Josh Jackson cover Lazard and if Richardson was smart he would put up a ball and let Lazard get it, but each time I watched Jackson had great coverage and he was one on one. I do see now that Lanning states he will just toss up balls now if he gets in trouble he will throw toward Lazard and let Lazard go and get it. I see where CJB said that Josh Jackson is the most athletic football player on the team. I think he started out at receiver or they tried him there and moved him to Corner on D. He's a tall kid for a corner.

Yeah I think Jackson has a bright future. He made a great play for a pick 6 at the WDM practice I was at. The only reason I wonder if was the Raider package is because Mabin and King are the clear starters. A lot of the reps Jackson got last year were in the Raider package. He could have been subbed in for Mabin though at times. I'd have to go back and watch to know for sure.

Lazard is the best player on ISU's offense. I have to disagree with hawkdrummer. I don't think he's overrated at all. His numbers may not be incredible for someone who has been so hyped, but I think that's more because he's played on such a bad team with poor QB and offensive line play. It's not easy for me to say this because he's a Clone homer, but he's a beast at the collegiate level. Mabin said in an interview this offseason that Lazard is the toughest WR he has faced. That says enough right there.

I think what makes Lazard so tough is that he is so tall and he is strong. I also has good speed for his size. I don't think he is great but is pretty good and he is a tough cover because you don't see many guys like him.

Their oline is going to be bad. especially early in the season. They had to get an oft injured 6th year guy to try and help the line and he is walking on. That tells you how much he was wanted by people. Campos isn't the oline savior they thought he would be. They could have a redshirt freshman playing center when he has never played center before. oh yeah, and their oline coach (the best one in the country) is going to be an offensive coordinator for the first time in his short coaching career. One of the projected starters Scoggins who is coming off a bad injury and was a two star juco with the only other offers from southern miss and toledo. He ruptured his tendon last year that connects your quad muscle to the patella. And if they have any injuries on the oline....look out. it could get ugly fast.

So that could be interesting as well. What could be worse than their oline though is their run defense. Their defensive line is not good outside of Tucker and neither are their linebackers. I think good running teams are going to destroy them.

Their media guide is kind of odd. They don't even have profiles of all the guys on the roster. And the only coach they have a profile on is of course Campbell. Seems strange. And the front of the media guide is two pics of Campbell. And one of them is so dark it looks like they are trying to make him look black.

Their media guide is kind of odd. They don't even have profiles of all the guys on the roster. And the only coach they have a profile on is of course Campbell. Seems strange. And the front of the media guide is two pics of Campbell. And one of them is so dark it looks like they are trying to make him look black.

Is Coach Snaggletooth snorting Sparq in the picture?

4 wins at best, they'll start looking ahead to basketball season in september like they always do

I don't know about the score but I predict daniels Wadley and mitchell run wild on the cyclones with there poris d line and lbs.

Their new commit is a pretty big commit for ISU. With apparent offers from Florida, Ole Miss, Tennesse etc. My first thought is why? Did he really have offers from those schools? Or maybe did at one point but not anymore? Or are their academic concerns. Otherwise I really don't know why a 4 star athlete from the South would commit to a horrible program like ISU. Campbell must be one hell of a salesman or someone on his staff is.

But I really don't understand how some people think they are going to be so much better this year??

They are selling the future. Look at Northwestern 30 years ago and tell me they should land anyone even decent. Hell, even Boise State or Kansas State can land some big recruits and they don't have the benefit of academics NW has.

If a kid goes from 4* recruit in high school, bails on Georgia, then plans to enroll at Navaro CC in Texas only to end up at Trident Community college where he plays on a church league flag football team to JUCO at Okie A&M (where he he never so much as practices) before he then transfers to ISU as a 3*.... there's a reason.

Could end up as a feel good story, but I wouldn't place any money on it.

Wait... are we talking about the Clone basketball team? Oh.. yeah... Freddy's gone... never mind.

They are selling the future. Look at Northwestern 30 years ago and tell me they should land anyone even decent. Hell, even Boise State or Kansas State can land some big recruits and they don't have the benefit of academics NW has.

Wonder if they mention the chance they may have in "the future" to play in the Mountain West or the MAC. Well these recruits probably don't have to worry about that quite yet... maybe in a couple years.