ISU football selling points

This guy will get a lot of practice this year...Can you say school record in # of punts? :D

Record low for a starter, maybe. Mangenius won the Orange Bowl. With Kansas. Let me put this in Big Ten terms. If a coach at Indiana (who is an offensive genius) managed to win the Rose Bowl, wouldn't Iowa be foolish not to hire that guy as our OC?

Mangino is only going to be there for one year tops, when they win the conference title and a BCS upset of Alabama he will probably leave to take a MAC job in his native Ohio.

I think it's a combination of reasons why ISU continues to sell football tickets:

-Still pretty affordable (with Des Moines so close to Ames ISU SHOULD sell out EVERY home game.)
-Whoads is very good at working the ISU fanbase. In other words, he knows how to spin sh&t
-The succes of the basketball program has carried over into football (meaning ISU fans seem to be a little more boastful - even with a shi&&y football program)

As a college football fan in general, for the life of me I can't understand how Whoads has no heat on him. He is below .500 (27-36) and last year was year #5 and his worst year yet (3-9). I don't get it. He should have a ton of heat on him by now. These are his players, his coaches. And, I still can't fathom how 'ol Wally has managed to remain his DCoordinator. ISU has been horrible on defense. Last year's ISU defense gave up more points than Hoiberg's team.

Nothing has changed as far as ISU fan numbers. I really do think Hoiberg injected some confidence in a fanbase that has never expected much ... and still doesn't.

ISU does a decent job of marketing a cra&&y product and they have just the salesmen in place (Gomer Pyle and Whoads) ... and a gullable fanbase.

yeah, but if the referees hadn't taken away the Texas win with poor officiating, then their momentum would have carried them to the B12 title game. Paw is there still because of his record against Iowa period, end of story, adios amigos.

Is this even legal? Can you require that a person by a separate product before they can purchase something totally unrelated?
Heck if I know. Logic says it shouldn't but this is the same country thats supreme court ruled that forcing people to purchase insurance from private companies is legal... The line between what's legal or not makes less and less sense the older I get.

I guess a new selling point for ISU is that they can boast of a 129 post thread and another thread of over 500 posts on teh front page of El HAWKEYEnacione.

why do Hawkeye fans care what the little brother does? thought Wisconsin and Minnesota were our main Rivals?

Because their fans don't lurk on this site like little brother does. It's more fun to make fun when you know they are paying attention.

Latest posts