ISU football selling points

ButCV_1IEAEriMd.jpg:large

You're just gettin' a little too excited with all this description, for some reason. And, no.. my school is Iowa, and all of my family members went there too. Parents on the old black and gold trains that ran out to the Rose Bowl in the 50's.. cousins that danced the swords as Highlanders... uncles, siblings, cousins, myself.. children. All Hawks.

Now settle down and stop slobbering with the thoughts of suckin' cocks!

here comes the ban hammer....

When I started this thread, I did not know it would take on a life of its own with so many replies, sometimes going completely off topic. The original question has been lost.

So I give you my fuel to the fire.

I think ISU beats NDSU by either 10 or 14 points. ISU is terrible, however NDSU has a new coaching staff, and almost a completely new team from the 4x FCS national champions. ISU should win this one, and I think they do.
Against K-State, I believe they come out strong, maybe tie or lead at half giving the fan base excitment, but the second half will be the start of the miserable season with K-state winning by 17.
Finally, I believe they beat Toledo, Kansas, and WVU, but lose to TCU. 4-8 with fans claiming they only care about the basketball season.

my god... you can't make this stuff up.

Their media day is always good for a few great photos. I saw another shot on the news last night that was post worthy but I couldn't find a photo online of it anywhere. I am so excited for look alikes the week of the ISU game, that is always one of my favorite threads of the year :D

When I started this thread, I did not know it would take on a life of its own with so many replies, sometimes going completely off topic. The original question has been lost.

So I give you my fuel to the fire.

I think ISU beats NDSU by either 10 or 14 points. ISU is terrible, however NDSU has a new coaching staff, and almost a completely new team from the 4x FCS national champions. ISU should win this one, and I think they do.
Against K-State, I believe they come out strong, maybe tie or lead at half giving the fan base excitment, but the second half will be the start of the miserable season with K-state winning by 17.
Finally, I believe they beat Toledo, Kansas, and WVU, but lose to TCU. 4-8 with fans claiming they only care about the basketball season.

OK, back to the OP. (you must mean ticket selling point, because that looks more like early season predictions)

I could see that playing out. NDSU will certainly be a lesser squad than 2013, and they're not going to sneak up on anybody after the last 3 years. K State should be significantly better than the Clones...but anything can happen.

ISU will be more tested coming into Kinnick than we have been. Reason for caution.

That being said...I still wouldn't give you a roll of dirty toilet paper for an ISU home ticket. Actually...that's exactly what I'd give you for it.

Go suck mr.dreamys coc k you cyclone troll. You do realize everyone here can look at your post history...especially during basketball season. Maybe you can get pwoud Paul to cheer you on while you suck it....troll

This is sheer gold. Keep it up.

I am so excited for look alikes the week of the ISU game, that is always one of my favorite threads of the year :D

I thought JD banned those a few seasons ago. I suspect a few delta bravos have still started them, but I thought they were frowned upon.

I don't think we should EVER lose to ISU. They are just not a football school. Regardless of whether we pummel them in our wins over them or **barely** lose when they beat us, it's just not a good sign for us to be beaten by them... at all.

Saying we 'hardly' got beat or we 'almost' won or that we only lost because we played 'poorly'.. all those little soft-around-the-edges ways of saying we lost and we're feeling SICK about it doesn't cut it for me. Don't care that it's out of conference.. it's a bad sign. If they win, it's fun for them but doesn't mean a whole big deal to them because they know they aren't working for conference champs against the teams that make up their conference. When we lose to them, it's usually a sign of bad things to come for us in our conference play. Luckily for us this year, in my opinion we have a sort of soft-y schedule, so I'm expecting happy days. Even soft wins are fun wins!

When we say that we should "never lose to ISU" we sound like Michigan or OSU fans when they talk about losing to Iowa. Yes, Iowa on a yearly basis generally has more talent than does ISU. But the talent disparity isn't so big that ISU can't win (the last 15 years have shown us that).

The game is interesting because we play an opponent from a power conference, in our own state, that is very motivated to play the game every year. It's a good test for the conference season to come.

When we say that we should "never lose to ISU" we sound like Michigan or OSU fans when they talk about losing to Iowa. Yes, Iowa on a yearly basis generally has more talent than does ISU. But the talent disparity isn't so big that ISU can't win (the last 15 years have shown us that).

The game is interesting because we play an opponent from a power conference, in our own state, that is very motivated to play the game every year. It's a good test for the conference season to come.

Yes and no. The difference is Iowa has had teams recently that have been on par or even better than those teams (on paper and and on the field) and have actually been favored in those games. When was the last time ISU has been favored to beat Iowa? If Iowa is supposed to be the better team and is favored, they shouldn't lose to them.

I'll still never understand the SoS argument and Strength of Conference when the sites and historical data for completed seasons is all available online and doesn't jive with their "We play a really hard schedule and in a really hard conference compared to Iowa" mentality they always cling to..

I thought JD banned those a few seasons ago. I suspect a few delta bravos have still started them, but I thought they were frowned upon.

I find those threads hilarious. I'll even go over to cryfan and look at their version during rivalry week.

Latest posts