ISU Fan Gets OWNED

I hope Hawkeye fans still think this video is funny after it ends up on PTI and Sportscenter. This is an embarrassment to the University of Iowa.

I think it's funny. Stuff like this happens at many large crowd events where drinking is involved. Trust me, this is not good enough for a sniff at PTI, Sportscenter or anything else. Haven't you seen videos from the infield at the Preakness? Horse racing is supposed to be a real classy event, much more so than college football tailgaiting. Don't get your panties in a bunch over a staged ISU fan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIcyFSYhvV4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Preakness Toilet Run 2008[/ame]

If I got on top of a car in Ames and started waving an Iowa flag, I would EXPECT to get a lot of crap thrown at me. More than likely that is going to include cans and bottles since that is what everyone has in their hand at the time...

I think it's funny. Stuff like this happens at many large crowd events where drinking is involved. Trust me, this is not good enough for a sniff at PTI, Sportscenter or anything else. Haven't you seen videos from the infield at the Preakness? Horse racing is supposed to be a real classy event, much more so than college football tailgaiting. Don't get your panties in a bunch over a staged ISU fan.

YouTube - Preakness Toilet Run 2008

Do they do this all day down there? Man, send that beer to me! I'll drink it if they don't want to!

There are a lot of stupid people in that video, #1 being the guy on the top of a van in the middle of Iowa city waiving a cyclone flag.

I agree with this. Never a good idea to throw beer cans at people. Never a good idea to get up and do what the guy did where he did it.

Wow! Really?

Even if it was....don't you think he did prove his point? Throwing beer cans at somebody is awful. I don't care who the fan is....what he did.....or what he was saying. What happens if one of those hits him in the face?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQ6i9I1IYY]YouTube - What if he shot you in the face?![/ame]

I'm not usually one for saying a person "asks for it", but this guy was asking for it. The idiots throwing the cans, are only slightly less culpable.

I'm not usually one for saying a person "asks for it", but this guy was asking for it. The idiots throwing the cans, are only slightly less culpable.

Don't get me wrong. The dude on the van is an idiot. But throwing can's isn't cool.

And a lot of those beers were full!! That is a waste of a good beer!!!

It looks to me like everybody got a kick out of it on both sides. I think gently tossed would be a better way to describe the "canning".

This is the stuff the cops need to go after - arrest the throwers for disorderly conduct or assault/attempted assault and the clown on the van for attempting to incite a riot or disorderly conduct. That stuff makes me sick - if someone had accidentally thrown a bottle or connected with an unopened can to the guy's dome or to a bystander's dome, someone could have been seriously injured and that's the kind of crap that could bring liability on the owner of the parking lot. Disgusting.

This is the stuff the cops need to go after - arrest the throwers for disorderly conduct or assault/attempted assault and the clown on the van for attempting to incite a riot or disorderly conduct. That stuff makes me sick - if someone had accidentally thrown a bottle or connected with an unopened can to the guy's dome or to a bystander's dome, someone could have been seriously injured and that's the kind of crap that could bring liability on the owner of the parking lot. Disgusting.

+1. This is more than stupid all the way around. I don't get how anyone sees this as funny.

You got this 100% right, O4P! :D

This is not half as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. I'm sure if that ISU fan really felt threatened he would have have made himself scarce a lot sooner. That being said ask yourself if the police should be focusing their efforts on open containers on Melrose, loud music, and flippy cup OR responding to this sort of behavior. You decide.

Latest posts