ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

"If they can clamp down on the defensive end even slightly -- they allowed an average of 1.04 points per trip in Big 12 play last season -- going Beatrix Kiddo on the first round of the NCAA tournament will be the least of their concerns."

tumblr_static_7221f725e518793a71eaec4da3d0d5b60fa961b374f3b33f8a83867da2dc331e.jpg

Care to elaborate? I'm not sure why you shared this article. All that means to us is that the hype train will be even worse than it was this past season (which is pretty bad). Look how that turned out.

Next years Cyclone team is in bad need of a bruiser. McKay and Niang down low aren't going to cut it on the glass, and I don't think Burton is going to be enough help. It appears the transfers they are still going after are nothing to write home about.

You have yet to provide any factual information bud. That's the reason I came onto this board to post, b/c hawk fans are simply making **** up and are spewing it around to justify that although Fred and ISU's program is superior to Iowa's (for now), that he's doing it the wrong way and "forcing and pushing" players out of the program.

Transfer U is implying that ISU brings in a lot of transfers, which they do, and there is no denying that. They aren't calling ISU Transfer U b/c Fred is a bully and pushes out his players...but I guess Hawk Fans like to spin it that way (or are too dumb to figure it out) b/c they'll do whatever it takes to undermine Fred's success.

So Hawk fans are the only people who call ISU Transfer U? That is weird, as the national media does as well. I also didn't realize that ISU was called Tranfer In & not Out U, I have NOT heard the national media refer to Transfer U in this manner. When you have nearly 25 transfer into and out of your program over 5 years, you have to be beyond delusional to not read between the lines, Hawk fans can see it, the national media can see it, only delusional Clowns can't see it.

You dug your own grave bud, just lie down in it now and quit, you are in over your head anyway. You said ALL coaches force players out (this includes Fred). If you conclude that Fran FORCED 1 out of 3 players to leave, wouldn't that mean you should postulate that Freddie boy has pushed out 4 or so of his dirty dozen that have left?

If you are soooo worried about fans making sh!t up, clean up Clownfanatics and other Clown sites. I mean those places told themselves and everyone that da Clowns were destined for the sweet 16 or better last year, and are a final 4 team this year. Get that cleared up first, and then focus on us Hawk fans who refer to ISU oddly as Transfer U.

Iowa State is going to be very good next year. The game in Ames could be pretty ugly for Iowa.

Agreed. However, I find it laughable that they actually believe they are deserving of being a top 5 team. Top 15 is what I'd say. They aren't top 5 though. If they start out the season top 5 they won't be in it for long, and they certainly won't be making the final 4 (which would be considered a letdown for any school who is legitimately a top 5 team).

Defense and rebounding is what will hurt them again. They'll be able to score with the best of them, but when they meet up with a big physical team who can also score, pound the glass, and rebound then they'll get beat. If they have an off night shooting the ball it doesn't even necessarily have to be an elite team that beats them. That's what happened with UAB. They were FAR from elite, but they had bigs who pushed them around and owned the glass and the Clones shots weren't falling. Next thing you know they are licking their wounds after the worst upset in the tourney.

Iowa State is going to be very good next year. The game in Ames could be pretty ugly for Iowa.

It could be ugly for Iowa, and it could be ugly for Iowa State. You never know what is going to happen on a given day. I don't think Iowa State is one of the top teams in the country next year.

So Hawk fans are the only people who call ISU Transfer U? That is weird, as the national media does as well. I also didn't realize that ISU was called Tranfer In & not Out U, I have NOT heard the national media refer to Transfer U in this manner. When you have nearly 25 transfer into and out of your program over 5 years, you have to be beyond delusional to not read between the lines, Hawk fans can see it, the national media can see it, only delusional Clowns can't see it.

You dug your own grave bud, just lie down in it now and quit, you are in over your head anyway. You said ALL coaches force players out (this includes Fred). If you conclude that Fran FORCED 1 out of 3 players to leave, wouldn't that mean you should postulate that Freddie boy has pushed out 4 or so of his dirty dozen that have left?

If you are soooo worried about fans making sh!t up, clean up Clownfanatics and other Clown sites. I mean those places told themselves and everyone that da Clowns were destined for the sweet 16 or better last year, and are a final 4 team this year. Get that cleared up first, and then focus on us Hawk fans who refer to ISU oddly as Transfer U.

Wow dude I don't even know where to start, you're just putting words in my mouth. YOU were the one that said coaches force players out NOT me. That's the basis of my argument with you haha. I agreed with you, saying that players transfer for all of the same reasons, and whether or not they get forced out by their coaching staff is an answer that you and I don't have the answer too...idk why that's so hard for you to understand.

And cyclones fans weren't the only ones predicting a deep run in the tourney bud, since you love to reference national media, a ton of the media were picking ISU as a darkhorse. Hell I even had my closest friends who are Hawkeye fans, take ISU to the Final 4.

So when Dick Vitale for example calls ISU transfer U, you think he's referring to the amount of players that come in AND out of the program? Or just the fact that ISU brings in a lot of transfers (which no one disputes)? If you think the former, well then I just feel bad for you.

Wow dude I don't even know where to start, you're just putting words in my mouth. YOU were the one that said coaches force players out NOT me. That's the basis of my argument with you haha. I agreed with you, saying that players transfer for all of the same reasons, and whether or not they get forced out by their coaching staff is an answer that you and I don't have the answer too...idk why that's so hard for you to understand.

And cyclones fans weren't the only ones predicting a deep run in the tourney bud, since you love to reference national media, a ton of the media were picking ISU as a darkhorse. Hell I even had my closest friends who are Hawkeye fans, take ISU to the Final 4.

So when Dick Vitale for example calls ISU transfer U, you think he's referring to the amount of players that come in AND out of the program? Or just the fact that ISU brings in a lot of transfers (which no one disputes)? If you think the former, well then I just feel bad for you.

If Freddie didn't lose players are a breakneck speed, he wouldn't be able to bring in so many transfer, and Transfer U would have never been born. From '10-14' Fred has signed 15 HS kids (or roughly the amount a normal coach with little turnover would sign over those 5 years). If ISU didn't experience the mass exodus of those Fr (and subsequent transfers leaving as well) then ISU would never have room to sign the dozen or so Transfers. So if you don't understand that one has led to the other, and that they go hand in hand, well then I just feel bad for you.

If you don't want to clean up the Clown boards with their delusions of how well they will do in the tournament, then work on the dipsh1ts who actually think ISU won the Big12 last year by winning the Big12 tournament. Maybe you can work on the dipsh!ts who said the Big12 tournament is more important than the NCAA tournament. Maybe you can work on the dipsh!ts who talk smack about other football programs (this includes HS programs, because every program is better than Clown football). Maybe you can work on the dipsh!ts who think ISU is actually on par with Blue Blood programs. Maybe you could work on the dipsh!ts who believe Jamie Pollard that the Big12 is out to get ya.

If you don't like any of those, I could go on and on with this for hours, as ISU is by far the most delusional fan base on the planet.......Don't go throwing stones at Hawk fans, when you got the biggest losers on the planet spouting sh!t on Clown sites.

If Freddie didn't lose players are a breakneck speed, he wouldn't be able to bring in so many transfer, and Transfer U would have never been born. From '10-14' Fred has signed 15 HS kids (or roughly the amount a normal coach with little turnover would sign over those 5 years). If ISU didn't experience the mass exodus of those Fr (and subsequent transfers leaving as well) then ISU would never have room to sign the dozen or so Transfers. So if you don't understand that one has led to the other, and that they go hand in hand, well then I just feel bad for you.

If you don't want to clean up the Clown boards with their delusions of how well they will do in the tournament, then work on the dipsh1ts who actually think ISU won the Big12 last year by winning the Big12 tournament. Maybe you can work on the dipsh!ts who said the Big12 tournament is more important than the NCAA tournament. Maybe you can work on the dipsh!ts who talk smack about other football programs (this includes HS programs, because every program is better than Clown football). Maybe you can work on the dipsh!ts who think ISU is actually on par with Blue Blood programs. Maybe you could work on the dipsh!ts who believe Jamie Pollard that the Big12 is out to get ya.

If you don't like any of those, I could go on and on with this for hours, as ISU is by far the most delusional fan base on the planet.......Don't go throwing stones at Hawk fans, when you got the biggest losers on the planet spouting sh!t on Clown sites.

A 20 page thread on ISU basketball on a Hawkeye board....maybe you should work on/worry about your own dipsh!ts.

Agreed. However, I find it laughable that they actually believe they are deserving of being a top 5 team. Top 15 is what I'd say. They aren't top 5 though.

This is why I posted another article. Literally the only people who have ISU out of the top ten are people on this board.

A 20 page thread on ISU basketball on a Hawkeye board....maybe you should work on/worry about your own dipsh!ts.

Haha....go back to the Clown board and tell me how many threads are obsession about Iowa right now. Probably about 5x as many of those going over there.

I have admitted time and again on this board that I like mocking idiot Clown fans, so I'll drag this thread to 100+ pages mocking u dude.

This is why I posted another article. Literally the only people who have ISU out of the top ten are people on this board.

That's because we're smart enough to realize they will find a way to crap down their legs again no matter who they have returning. You can't get past the first 2-3 rounds of the tourney without defense or rebounding. It's just not gonna happen.

Latest posts