ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

No I was on record saying that losing in the first round sucks. I wouldn't really go as far as saying getting greased in the second round really makes your season that much better. To be honest I wouldnt trade 25 wins, 2nd in any conf., a conf. tourney title, and being in the top 15 most of the season to go one round further. I really wouldn't. I would for the Sweet 16 or further though.

And that is why we all make fun of you and your kind. You had 1 more regular season win than Iowa (22 vs 21). You are basically saying you would rather win the Big12 tournament and lose in the round of 64 over advancing in the NCAA tournament. Now you have crossed over from delusion to just plain azz stupid.

And that is why we all make fun of you and your kind. You had 1 more regular season win than Iowa (22 vs 21). You are basically saying you would rather win the Big12 tournament and lose in the round of 64 over advancing in the NCAA tournament. Now you have crossed over from delusion to just plain azz stupid.
You guys are hilarious. Look out for Iowa basketball everybody!!!!!! 1 NCAA win in the last 10 years!!!!!! Bravo! Only took Fran 5 years to get to the 2nd round.

I'd rather win NCAA tournament games in March than Super Bowl's in December.

Deadeyedick is just one of those d1pshits that value the Big12 tournament over the NCAA tourney. I mean he is acting like those 4 wins actually mean anything. It didn't help their seeding at all, and Iowa getting bounced in the first round of the B1G tourney didn't hurt their seeding at all. Basically everyone else on the planet knows the conference tourneys are a freaking joke, except for dumb azz Clown fan.

You guys are hilarious. Look out for Iowa basketball everybody!!!!!! 1 NCAA win in the last 10 years!!!!!! Bravo! Only took Fran 5 years to get to the 2nd round.

Nobody is gonna fear the Freddie, that is for sure. Final 4 talent the past 3 years, and 3 NCAA wins in those 3 years. Scott Drew has a better tournament resume than Freddie boy.....YIKES!!!

Transfer market is pretty slim this year.....First Babb, and now ISU fan is salivating over this kid that averaged 3.6 PPG and 2.5 RPG in 12.3 MPG as a freshman in a non P6 conference.

Nobody is gonna fear the Freddie, that is for sure. Final 4 talent the past 3 years, and 3 NCAA total wins in those 3 years. Scott Drew has a better tournament resume than Freddie boy.....YIKES!!!
I thought ISU's talent was overrated. Now you are saying that they are underachievers. Which is it? Who the f*** is Fran McCaffery anyway. You mean Sienna's old coach? 3 career NCAA wins, 2 of them weren't even at Iowa.

I thought ISU's talent was overrated. Now you are saying that they are underachievers. Which is it? Who the f*** is Fran McCaffery anyway. You mean Sienna's old coach? 3 career NCAA wins, 2 of them weren't even at Iowa.

Final 4 talent the last 3 years, it is undeniable really. Why don't you go post on Clownfantasies that ISU doesn't have final 4 talent. They will chew you up and spit you out. Of course ISU has final 4 talent and has had it the last 3 years.

I don't know man, aren't you being pretty harsh on a coach for only having lets say 3 or maybe 4 career NCAA wins?

Transfer market is pretty slim this year.....First Babb, and now ISU fan is salivating over this kid that averaged 3.6 PPG and 2.5 RPG in 12.3 MPG as a freshman in a non P6 conference.

This dude scored 12 points over the final 10 games, that's almost double Babbs average on the year!

Show me one single post on here claiming that Iowa is good because MSU made the final 4, and Wisconsin the title game. Iowa is better than ISU because they made the round of 32, ISU didn't.

do you seriously think this? Honest question.

do you seriously think this? Honest question.

Yeah, I'm serious. I see lots of chest thumping that the B1G is better than the Big12 because of what MSU, Wisconsin did. I have yet to see anyone say Iowa is good because Wisconsin is good. If you see those post, just copy and paste them, maybe you can change my mind like I changed yours. ;)

Last edited:
Like most teams that live by the 3 pt play, they look like Final Four material one game and an early exit the next. Problem is, unless you take that team and actually go to the Final Four, it's just talk. It's like Kentucky fans crying about being the best team in College basketball, even though they lost.
I don't even think about our '06 team very often. They had the chance to be special but they got beat in the opening round by a much lower seed. That's a disappointment that tarnishes the whole season.

Yeah, I'm serious. I see lots of chest thumping that the B1G is better than the Big12 because of what MSU, Wisconsin did. I have yet to see anyone say Iowa is good because Wisconsin is good. If you see those post, just copy and paste them, maybe you can change my mind like I changed yours. ;)

I read his question as "do you seriously think Iowa was better than ISU this year?"

Allow me to answer for you -- it doesn't matter. Iowa went further when it actually counted. The rest is details.

It's like I and others keep saying about Iowa/NW St -- we don't look at that season as a success. It was a failure. Because of one game.

It is pretty funny that people seem so desperate to shield themselves from what is clearly a nightmare end, totally scrapping a potentially good season. Just let the hurt wash over you. it's the first step to healing.

I read his question as "do you seriously think Iowa was better than ISU this year?"

Allow me to answer for you -- it doesn't matter. Iowa went further when it actually counted. The rest is details.

It's like I and others keep saying about Iowa/NW St -- we don't look at that season as a success. It was a failure. Because of one game.

It is pretty funny that people seem so desperate to shield themselves from what is clearly a nightmare end, totally scrapping a potentially good season. Just let the hurt wash over you. it's the first step to healing.

Gotcha, I guess I didn't read it like that.

If you look at the two SEASON'S, ISU had 1 more win than Iowa and finished 2nd in the Big12 to Iowa's 3rd in the B1G both having 12 wins in conference play. Iowa played a much tougher non conference schedule and lost 1 more game than ISU there. I mean I don't get ISU fans contention that this is somehow SOOOOOOO much better than Iowa. Clearly ISU had a better conference tournament, but 99.9% of people realize the conference tournament means NOTHING (The .1% being all Clown fans who value this above the NCAA tournament). ISU won the Big12 conference tournament and didn't get a seeding bump, not one little budge. Iowa lost in the first round and didn't drop one single bit in seeding either. It means NOTHING.

So if you take all that, then to me the NCAA tournament is the tie breaker, and obviously Iowa went deeper in the tournament.....better season goes to Iowa.

Clearly ISU had a better conference tournament, but 99.9% of people realize the conference tournament means NOTHING.

THIS, a thousand times this.

Conference tournaments are good for a few things -- 1) Last chance for bad teams (like UAB) to sneak into the tournament; 2) Potential 1-2 seeds to jockey for position; 3) Tournament locks to improve their seed ... which only matters if you win your first round game.

Other than that, it's just another fun weekend of basketball to watch. They were meaningless when alford was touting our conference tourney championships, and they remain so to this day.

Yet you think people will look back 5 years from now and remember that ISU won the Big12 conference tournament. LOLOLOLOLOL Clown logic at it's finest. The only think that will be remembered 5 years from now about ISU season is the pathetic first round loss to a barely .500 UAB team.

Iowa fans just mock idiots like you....all year long all we heard in football and BB is how great and tough the Big12 was. We were told ISU would win the B1G west in football, that they would win the B1G BB title as well......yet like always the crappy Lil12 crapped out again when the bright lights hit the stage.....the only P5 conference to NOT make the football playoffs, and a pathetic showing in the NCAA's as well. It's called Karma, and it is funny seeing Lil brother shout scream about the conference not defining Iowa, when ISU has defined itself by it's conference since the Huskers won titles in the 90's.

There kind is a bunch of hypocrites! It's all they do over there. Why fans across the nation laugh at their delusional thoughts and statements.

So if you take all that, then to me the NCAA tournament is the tie breaker, and obviously Iowa went deeper in the tournament.....better season goes to Iowa.

Which team had the better season? When the season started...

Most Iowa State fans thought they would win the Big 12 regular season and certainly finish no worse than alone in 2nd. Most expected an Elite 8 or Final Four type run in the NCAA Tournament. Considering what was expected Iowa State had a disappointing season...didn't meet either of the above goals. It's necessary to focus on the conference tournament because it's the only thing Iowa State can claim was a success.

Most Iowa fans thought Iowa would finish no better than 5th or 6th in the conference...hoping for 10 conference wins. Most Iowa fans thought Iowa would be on the NCAA bubble or in the NIT. Considering what was expected Iowa had a great season. They tied for 3rd in the Big 10 despite playing Wisconsin twice. They were comfortably in the NCAA Tournament almost the entire conference season. And they actually won a game in the NCAA Tournament. Considering what was expected...Iowa had a very satisfying season.

Yawn. Too much cherry-picking of stats and history by both sides to make their points.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the high pre-season ranking. I don't find many Iowa State fans who were expecting or even believe this. So, what led the voters to give them such a high rank?

Yawn. Too much cherry-picking of stats and history by both sides to make their points.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the high pre-season ranking. I don't find many Iowa State fans who were expecting or even believe this. So, what led the voters to give them such a high rank?

Quality of returning players. I'll reserve judgement until recruiting is finished but they are a top 15 team without having to do much. Voters aren't letting a crappy NCAA game skew their perception as much as ISU fans are.

#4 is too high with the current roster.

Hogue got popped for a DUI last night, and walk on Kourtlin Jackson was also arrested. That's 6 ISU basketball player arrests in one year, pretty impressive considering Fred works with cops regularly.

Latest posts