ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

I love this thread. ISU is going to ***** slap Iowa once again and be a top 3 team in the conference. I appreciate the concern, however.

3rd place in a league that UNI and Wichita State would have finished 1 and 2 is really no big deal. The Big 12 has shown it is a mid-major conference for a number of years.

Go ahead and brag about a win over Iowa but finishing 3rd in a **** hole of a conference is no big deal.

And with a little luck that conference may be able to get one team to the elite eight in four years.
Do you love living vicariously through other teams in your league? It's not like Iowa had anything to do with Michigan State and Wisconsin being in the final four. Hell you didnt even win a game against either of them. Iowa's has thugs also. Look at Dickerson and Uthoff. After all, all transfers are thugs!!!! I remember Iowa losing the play in game last year. You must be proud!

Do you love living vicariously through other teams in your league? It's not like Iowa had anything to do with Michigan State and Wisconsin being in the final four. Hell you didnt even win a game against either of them. Iowa's has thugs also. Look at Dickerson and Uthoff. After all, all transfers are thugs!!!! I remember Iowa losing the play in game last year. You must be proud!

It's not called living vicariously through other teams. It simply proves that the B10 (in a down year) was better than the B12 (which was supposedly loaded). Iowa had 3 games against teams who were better than any team in the B12. Had Iowa played a few of games against Oklahoma or Kansas or one of the other meddling B12 teams, they may have had more 'quality' wins and a better seed in the tourney. Hell, that's what half of the B12 did. Why else did a mediocre Baylor team end up with a 3 seed? I'm sure it was their big-time win against Stephen F. Austin.

It's not called living vicariously through other teams. It simply proves that the B10 (in a down year) was better than the B12 (which was supposedly loaded). Iowa had 3 games against teams who were better than any team in the B12. Had Iowa played a few of games against Oklahoma or Kansas or one of the other meddling B12 teams, they may have had more 'quality' wins and a better seed in the tourney. Hell, that's what half of the B12 did. Why else did a mediocre Baylor team end up with a 3 seed? I'm sure it was their big-time win against Stephen F. Austin.
I won't argue with you that the Big 10 at the top was better than the Big 12. But don't act like Iowa was better than KU, ISU, or Oklahoma cause they certainly weren't. I mean congrats on making the tourney, but you guys didnt make it out of the 2nd round for christ sakes! I would take 25 wins, 2nd place in the conference, the conf. tourney title, and being in the top 25 all year long over a 20-12 and a second round loss any day of the week regardless of us losing in the first round. Oh btw, we curb stomped your *** in I.C. Unless i'm wrong, Iowa didnt beat a single team that made it through the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I won't argue with you that the Big 10 at the top was better than the Big 12. But don't act like Iowa was better than KU, ISU, or Oklahoma cause they certainly weren't. I mean congrats on making the tourney, but you guys didnt make it out of the 2nd round for christ sakes! I would take 25 wins, 2nd place in the conference, the conf. tourney title, and being in the top 25 all year long over a 20-12 and a second round loss any day of the week regardless of us losing in the first round. Oh btw, we curb stomped your *** in I.C. Unless i'm wrong, Iowa didnt beat a single team that made it through the 2nd round.

Someone is a little insecure! I never once said Iowa was better than those teams, I said MSU and Wisconsin were. I don't think you can debate that. I also never said Iowa wasn't deserving of the seed they got in the tourney. Baylor and ISU most certainly did not deserve the seed they were gifted, proven by their hasty exit in the tourney. My point was, had Iowa been in a cream puff conference they would have likely ended up with a higher seed. May not have mattered but it also could have meant a few good matchups and a trip to the sweet sixteen.

Oh and don't worry, you're wrong about Iowa not beating a team that made it through the second round.

Someone is a little insecure! I never once said Iowa was better than those teams, I said MSU and Wisconsin were. I don't think you can debate that. I also never said Iowa wasn't deserving of the seed they got in the tourney. Baylor and ISU most certainly did not deserve the seed they were gifted, proven by their hasty exit in the tourney. My point was, had Iowa been in a cream puff conference they would have likely ended up with a higher seed. May not have mattered but it also could have meant a few good matchups and a trip to the sweet sixteen.

Oh and don't worry, you're wrong about Iowa not beating a team that made it through the second round.
My
bad, I forgot your upset of UNC.

Of course, those posting on CyFan are delirious about these rankings, but they aren't their rankings. They are the rankings of legitimate sports news sources. Despite the early exits from the NCAA tournament, Big 12 teams are still getting lots of respect from sources that I don't think necessarily favor the Big 12. Imagine what the rankings would look like if the Big 12 had actually played well in the tournament.

3rd place in a league that UNI and Wichita State would have finished 1 and 2 is really no big deal. The Big 12 has shown it is a mid-major conference for a number of years.

Go ahead and brag about a win over Iowa but finishing 3rd in a **** hole of a conference is no big deal.

You said all I need to know about you.

They lost to an elite 8 team the last two years. How far did UAB make it? Oh yeah, Alford and the boys dominated them and made them look silly. They really showed you how terrible UAB really was. Good game Clowns!

Uni and Iowa State had plenty of time to focus solely on Iowa when they played them. Uni, Iowa State, and Iowa all had fairly good teams. Iowa was certainly capable of beating either Uni or Iowa State. Iowa did go farther than either Uni or Iowa State in the post season. Anyway, its all history now. I'm looking forward to how Iowa does next year. Hopefully, it will be fun watching Iowa beat Iowa State in Ames this coming year, but other than that, who really cares that much about Iowa State. I do enjoy it when they bomb out in recruiting or when they get beat, but I probably wouldn't care much about that except for the idiocy the Iowa State fans bring to these Iowa hawkeye boards.

Uni and Iowa State had plenty of time to focus solely on Iowa when they played them. Uni, Iowa State, and Iowa all had fairly good teams. Iowa was certainly capable of beating either Uni or Iowa State. Iowa did go farther than either Uni or Iowa State in the post season. Anyway, its all history now. I'm looking forward to how Iowa does next year. Hopefully, it will be fun watching Iowa beat Iowa State in Ames this coming year, but other than that, who really cares that much about Iowa State. I do enjoy it when they bomb out in recruiting or when they get beat, but I probably wouldn't care much about that except for the idiocy the Iowa State fans bring to these Iowa hawkeye boards.
We have idiot fans, so do you. Let's not forget though that while you ridicule ISU for recruiting transfers, your top player next year is a f**king transfer!

I love this thread. ISU is going to ***** slap Iowa once again and be a top 3 team in the conference. I appreciate the concern, however.
Don't take your cyfan delusion as reality. You're one of the biggest goofs at cyfan spinning everything that is posted. Are there any doctors over there at fantasy island that can help the mentally incompetent like you?

I'm fully behind banning losers like cydcarcrash just like the little lady over at cyfan does to Hawkeye posters.

Don't be mad bro, you just got a transfer stud who averaged almost a point a game last year! Things are good!
I'm not mad. I know we will get great players, and we will be preseason top 10. Sucks losing to UAB, but life isnt all bad. I just want you guys to acknowledge that Jared Uthoff is a thug because all transfers are thugs. I just thought you guys did things the right way over there that's all!

And this is why you are a Clown fan. What did ISU do that was really that great this year? They lost in the non con to a terrible S. Carolina team, and got waxed by Maryland. They finished 2nd in a terrible conference and got bounced in the first round. I mean seriously beside the big #SuperBowl win over Iowa they didn't beat anyone in the Non con. They picked off some weak Big12 teams, and had to get lucky to do so. I mean the first real team they met in the 2nd half of the season that didn't fold like Big12 team do, knocked them out in the first round.

Go ahead and celebrate your #SuperBowl, and some weak Big12 wins......you still got bounced by a terrible UAB team. That is why you are a Clown now, and always will be a Clown. Next you'll tell us the Big12 tournament is >>>>>>> NCAA tournament like all your Clown buddies claim.

And this is why you are a Clown fan. What did ISU do that was really that great this year? They lost in the non con to a terrible S. Carolina team, and got waxed by Maryland. They finished 2nd in a terrible conference and got bounced in the first round. I mean seriously beside the big #SuperBowl win over Iowa they didn't beat anyone in the Non con. They picked off some weak Big12 teams, and had to get lucky to do so. I mean the first real team they met in the 2nd half of the season that didn't fold like Big12 team do, knocked them out in the first round.

Go ahead and celebrate your #SuperBowl, and some weak Big12 wins......you still got bounced by a terrible UAB team. That is why you are a Clown now, and always will be a Clown. Next you'll tell us the Big12 tournament is >>>>>>> NCAA tournament like all your Clown buddies claim.
Thug U may be Iowa city. Kevin Gamble-thug, Andre Woolridge-thug, Luke Recker-thug, Reggie Evans-thug, Sam Okey-thug, Adam Haluska-thug, Jared Uthoff-thug. Hell even Brad Banks was a thug transfer. Am I wrong?

Latest posts