IS THIS THE START OF THE ANNUAL SLIDE?

Some if you seem to like mediocrity. This team as is can win the Big. Im enjoying it as much as anyone. Take your gripes to Stanzi. I didnt like the Purdue game. HF would gave liked it Because of a lack of dominant Big teams.. its very winnable. There are some things that could have slowed purdue. Those werent done. Its fundamental. Fran struggles with fundamentals Lose by 20 it happens. Never should a team lose a circus show unless they just quit.

Whats the issue w analyzing.
So both of us enjoy the team but one of us is embracing mediocrity but the other is above the fray.

OK, got it.

If I have gripes with you I will address them with you. I'll address Stanzi gripes with Stanzi. You have REPEATEDLY posted that anything less than a conference championship will waste a great player's year. And you are ready with a quick "basketball for dummies" reference for anyone who attempts to point out that Connor is a winning player doing winning things. Like his assist/turnover rate for example.

Do you really think Fran could have put the brakes on Purdue by stressing fundamentals? They steamrolled us, no excuses. They played with a different level of desperation than we did.

This will be the telling week as to whether CJ was just giving lip service when he said the post Purdue practices were some of the best of the year. Indiana and Minnesota, if anything, are going to be even more desperate than Purdue and they're both on the road.

So both of us enjoy the team but one of us is embracing mediocrity but the other is above the fray.

OK, got it.

If I have gripes with you I will address them with you. I'll address Stanzi gripes with Stanzi. You have REPEATEDLY posted that anything less than a conference championship will waste a great player's year. And you are ready with a quick "basketball for dummies" reference for anyone who attempts to point out that Connor is a winning player doing winning things. Like his assist/turnover rate for example.

Do you really think Fran could have put the brakes on Purdue by stressing fundamentals? They steamrolled us, no excuses. They played with a different level of desperation than we did.

This will be the telling week as to whether CJ was just giving lip service when he said the post Purdue practices were some of the best of the year. Indiana and Minnesota, if anything, are going to be even more desperate than Purdue and they're both on the road.

About the year, I'll be happy with a solid run. More than 7 losses is too many for this team.

Conner brings a lot of intangibles due to being a coach's son. What I say is that if he could score 9-10 per game, this is a very special team. I can't help he doesn't have good fundamentals, but I would maintain he could still be taught that in a few days.

Fundamentals and Purdue I guess we disagree. You stick three fingers in the guys chest on closeout or take away his feet on landing (even bringing in a seldom used player to do it. Body check the guy into the sideline if necessary. It's all a part of BB. Slow down your tempo. Change back and forth between man and a zone. There are plenty of things. Iowa repeatedly went up with the shooter rather than concentrating on feet or the chest. It does disrupt rhythm and not dirty. There are a lot of little things about Fran teams that drive basketball fundamentalists nuts..

I will state this and not budge. Frans worst games are way to many and way beyond Big type coach at a program at this level. There have been to many games that were never competitive. It's bench coaching and lack of perimeter speed.

About the year, I'll be happy with a solid run. More than 7 losses is too many for this team.

Conner brings a lot of intangibles due to being a coach's son. What I say is that if he could score 9-10 per game, this is a very special team. I can't help he doesn't have good fundamentals, but I would maintain he could still be taught that in a few days.

Fundamentals and Purdue I guess we disagree. You stick three fingers in the guys chest on closeout or take away his feet on landing (even bringing in a seldom used player to do it. Body check the guy into the sideline if necessary. It's all a part of BB. Slow down your tempo. Change back and forth between man and a zone. There are plenty of things. Iowa repeatedly went up with the shooter rather than concentrating on feet or the chest. It does disrupt rhythm and not dirty. There are a lot of little things about Fran teams that drive basketball fundamentalists nuts..

I will state this and not budge. Frans worst games are way to many and way beyond Big type coach at a program at this level. There have been to many games that were never competitive. It's bench coaching and lack of perimeter speed.
Bench coaching and perimeter speed are two things we sorely lack. That's how DePaul slayed us, why Michigan gives us so much trouble, why Rutgers is a tough match up for us, Penn State, Maryland.

I can't argue that point. We have to play way more zone than Fran would probably like, but with all the energy we expend moving, screening and cutting on offense it may be our only choice. We probably didn't have the energy to get more physical on defense. We didn't have much energy for much of anything against Purdue.

The blowout win was great, but hidden in there was a horrible stretch the last 12 min of the first half where Nebraska went on a 10-0 run or something like that but a better team likely would have taken better advantage and gone on a 20-0 run. It was brutal watching Iowa play offense during that stretch. Iowa went on to run a clearly over-matched Husker team out of the building in the 2nd half. But you can't help but wonder, what if if the opponent was...pretty well any team other than Nebraska or Northwestern? Maybe we would be talking about the late-season slide the OP was talking about. The schedule the rest of the way is unforgiving, as it is for most teams in the B1G this season. 4 games on the road vs 3 at home. And the road venues have been historically houses of horrors for Iowa. They would do well to win all their home games and split the road games but even that may be asking much.

Slide? I remember back in December when many thought 10-10 was a fantasy. Pretty sure it’s going to happen...and then some.

That's kind of on point. If we call February "The Fran Fade", maybe November, December and January should be reserved for "The Fran Force"? ... "The Fran Surge"? ..... "The Fran Fucking Destroys All The Narratives about his team from the previous off season"? There's something probably better

That's kind of on point. If we call February "The Fran Fade", maybe November, December and January should be reserved for "The Fran Force"? ... "The Fran Surge"? ..... "The Fran Fucking Destroys All The Narratives about his team from the previous off season"? There's something probably better
I think those are pretty good.

This team has a different feel to it, is built differently, different leadership, offense goes inside out, isn’t perimeter reliant or one man heavy, doesn’t get too up or down and Fran seems more calm (for him at least). Despite not being overly deep, a good run is certainly possible. They seem to have a lot of the right intangibles and inner toughness that it takes

DD you are never far away. They ve been around BB for a long time.

Simply put, the experience thing doesnt really matter and its its not strawman.

Iowa by age us not young. They arent a group if experienced seniors either.

Mist of what we all post is anecdotal. Age is not. 20 yo s are different that 18 yo s. Bates Diopp was 18 for most if his first season.

Sometimes you just want to fight. I get that. Just bring your A game with facts. I presented facts. Iow is not. young. Garza and J W will likely never play 4 years. Its the way it is.

We have an all american this year. Hope it isnt floundered

What alt will you come back with?
You’re delusional. Anecdotal stories are not facts.

Saying experience doesn’t matter is just ignorant.

If experience doesn’t matter Garza would have been an AA candidate the last two years because according to you age doesn’t matter either.

You fail again.

You’re delusional. Anecdotal stories are not facts.

Saying experience doesn’t matter is just ignorant.

If experience doesn’t matter Garza would have been an AA candidate the last two years because according to you age doesn’t matter either.

You fail again.

Are you constipated?

Are you constipated?
So the guys who’s always crying about insults has the only answer of .... a lame insult.

giphy.gif

The blowout win was great, but hidden in there was a horrible stretch the last 12 min of the first half where Nebraska went on a 10-0 run or something like that but a better team likely would have taken better advantage and gone on a 20-0 run. It was brutal watching Iowa play offense during that stretch. Iowa went on to run a clearly over-matched Husker team out of the building in the 2nd half. But you can't help but wonder, what if if the opponent was...pretty well any team other than Nebraska or Northwestern? Maybe we would be talking about the late-season slide the OP was talking about. The schedule the rest of the way is unforgiving, as it is for most teams in the B1G this season. 4 games on the road vs 3 at home. And the road venues have been historically houses of horrors for Iowa. They would do well to win all their home games and split the road games but even that may be asking much.
Fran has to stop sitting JW and Garza at the same time. And for the love of God never sit CJF along with them all at once either. Only do that when the game is well in hand. Never in the middle of the game. Stagger their rest. When Bakari E is out there with that group they don't have anyone that can create a shot. At least JT can dribble drive and force up something even if it's just a chance at an offensive rebound with the D collapsing. Beyond that lineup of non scorers is brutal. And we can't afford going 3-8 min stretches without scoring. Not against the better teams

You did, of course, that's what straw man arguments are.

You read into his comment because you wanted to disagree with him instead of just add a comment because of some anecdotal personal experience that you always put in a post you want to detract from.
Typical M.O. of yours.

There is a difference between age and experience.

Now go on. Give an anecdotal personal story where you coached the Kryzakistani jr high soccer team that hung with the Russian men's national team which proves age and experience and gender mean nothing.

Post of the Year!

<<More than 7 losses is too many for this team>>

Wait a second. You spend half your time telling everyone Moss is the best ever, so losing Moss, Cook and Dailey, this team shouldn't lose more than 7 games? Based on what? There is ZERO people who saw this season coming, both in terms of team performance and the level to which Garza has played. Then those idiotic sideshows about how Connor Mac is, somehow, the key to this team's success? He need to be a scoring threat, or the whole team will tank? On top of (of course) the fact he isn't even a good player because he hasn't been taught the fundamentals?

You bring "schizophrenic" to a new level, at times.

Latest posts