Is there a single Big 10 player you really don't care for?

Who thinks they can get away with applying the sack tap in the modern era of video review? What a moron. For that matter, who does this ever?

This reminds me of Daniel Ocean and Rusty watching the Chinese acrobats and Rusty explaining to Danny that the Amazing Yen is the "short Chinese guy"

Which white guy from Wisconsin are you talking about?:)

I know, it's Davison. He is always on the floor, appearing to be hustling, giving that a out effort that makes announcers froth at the mouth in praise. He's not, he's always trying to take someone's legs out, like John Stockton used to. Against Minnesota, he tried to roll under Dupree MacBreyer from behind. Against Illinois, he got tangled up with Frazier of Illinois under the basket and managed to stick his leg in Frazier's landing path, causing him to roll his ankle.

That's two blatant deliberate examples of trying to hurt someone. One of these days he's going to hurt himself.

Before the game, as I sat down to watch the game, I pointed out Davison to my wife and said "I hate that guy, he's a cheap shot artist."

And.... right on cue, he pulls a dbag move at the end of the game. I generally dislike Wisconsin for many, many reasons, and this Davison jackass epitomizes them.

Before the game, as I sat down to watch the game, I pointed out Davison to my wife and said "I hate that guy, he's a cheap shot artist."

And.... right on cue, he pulls a dbag move at the end of the game. I generally dislike Wisconsin for many, many reasons, and this Davison jackass epitomizes them.
Davison is a massive twatwaffle! Total punk, should be suspended for that garbage. Total bush league garbage.

These are the type of plays that BIG conference should start handing out suspensions. I think how BIG/Illinois handled the kid who stomped on the Purdue kid was good. While I may be old school and don't like all the trash talking, hand signals after 3's, and flexing muscles, I get that's what kids do now. But dirty plays like nut punching or trying to hook and pull down his leg, especially from someone like Davison who has a history of it, need to be penalized.

Connor is an irish hothead, which I kind of like, but if he gets up and confronts Davison or takes a swing, you are looking at a KU/KSU situation. Clearly Wisco coaches don't think this is a problem, so if BIG conference doesn't handle then some player eventually will take care of it.

And to be fair to Wisco, yes I think Woodbury should have been penalized more for his eye-poking instances a few years back too. One time, maybe an accident, 2 or 3 times, probably not an accident.

These are the type of plays that BIG conference should start handing out suspensions. I think how BIG/Illinois handled the kid who stomped on the Purdue kid was good. While I may be old school and don't like all the trash talking, hand signals after 3's, and flexing muscles, I get that's what kids do now. But dirty plays like nut punching or trying to hook and pull down his leg, especially from someone like Davison who has a history of it, need to be penalized.

Connor is an irish hothead, which I kind of like, but if he gets up and confronts Davison or takes a swing, you are looking at a KU/KSU situation. Clearly Wisco coaches don't think this is a problem, so if BIG conference doesn't handle then some player eventually will take care of it.

And to be fair to Wisco, yes I think Woodbury should have been penalized more for his eye-poking instances a few years back too. One time, maybe an accident, 2 or 3 times, probably not an accident.

No one cares about Davison because WI really is not very good this year.

People actually think Woody was capable of eye pokes in real time speed? I always assumed fans were kinda joking when they said that. Woody has always been pretty uncoordinated. The skill it takes to do something like that is ninja like. There isn't a 7 footer in the world who has them skills.

Also he only accidentally poked a guy in the eyes twice. Once on a closeout when he was trying to get a hand in the defense's face (what's more likely, he accidently went a bit too far because of lack of coordination, or he perfectly hit the eye on purpose with ninja like precision?) and the other was when a player was driving the lane towards him (not sure even a ninja could pull that one off). The third one, which I think was actually his first one, was on purpose. But it wasn't an eye poke. He purposely put his hand on his head and drug his hand down his face. I think it was Kaminsky he did it to. He kinda grabbed eye with a "what the F are you doing" look on his face. That was a douchey move by Woody, but it wasn't an eye poke and wasn't intended to hurt a player. He was just fucking with him.

People actually think Woody was capable of eye pokes in real time speed? I always assumed fans were kinda joking when they said that. Woody has always been pretty uncoordinated. The skill it takes to do something like that is ninja like. There isn't a 7 footer in the world who has them skills.

Also he only accidentally poked a guy in the eyes twice. Once on a closeout when he was trying to get a hand in the defense's face (what's more likely, he accidently went a bit too far because of lack of coordination, or he perfectly hit the eye on purpose with ninja like precision?) and the other was when a player was driving the lane towards him (not sure even a ninja could pull that one off). The third one, which I think was actually his first one, was on purpose. But it wasn't an eye poke. He purposely put his hand on his head and drug his hand down his face. I think it was Kaminsky he did it to. He kinda grabbed eye with a "what the F are you doing" look on his face. That was a douchey move by Woody, but it wasn't an eye poke and wasn't intended to hurt a player. He was just fucking with him.
Aaron Craft, who used do be the Davison of his era, would jar the ball lose from the offensive player by chopping his wrist. He got Melsahn Basabe three times in one half. He may very well have broke Talor Battle's wrist, the guard from Penn State.

Ed Horton was a dirty player. He had a way of measuring a player and using the players momentum against him. Horton would make a subtle, barely detectable extra move but at 6'8 and 235 lbs plus the player's momentum it didn't take much. The most famous incident was Ohio State's 160 lb guard Jay Burson, who's neck was broken and collegiate career ended by Horton at Carver (Burson had a full recovery)

Aaron Craft, who used do be the Davison of his era, would jar the ball lose from the offensive player by chopping his wrist. He got Melsahn Basabe three times in one half. He may very well have broke Talor Battle's wrist, the guard from Penn State.

Ed Horton was a dirty player. He had a way of measuring a player and using the players momentum against him. Horton would make a subtle, barely detectable extra move but at 6'8 and 235 lbs plus the player's momentum it didn't take much. The most famous incident was Ohio State's 160 lb guard Jay Burson, who's neck was broken and collegiate career ended by Horton at Carver (Burson had a full recovery)

Who was the OSU player that had a cardiac arrest and they did cpr on?

That was not an flagrant foul by Horton on Burson. If you'll remember, Horton was not the same for the rest of that season. His game was very tentative and non-aggressive after that play.

Hmmm, I remember Ed bring physical but not dirty. I mean Jaacks and Evans were worse and I wouldn’t have called either dirty.
The play on Burson was bad luck. Do you have any actual evidence? I suspect not.

Hmmm, I remember Ed bring physical but not dirty. I mean Jaacks and Evans were worse and I wouldn’t have called either dirty.
The play on Burson was bad luck. Do you have any actual evidence? I suspect not.
I was at the game and it happened no more than forty feet from me. Horton gave Burson a little subtle nudge at just the right time and it sent Burson off balance and careening straight into the basket support.

Like Bob said, Horton knew he had overplayed his hand and was genuinely distraught, not just for the rest of the game but the rest of the season. He was also known for swinging elbows on outlet passes, yanking on hands/thumbs when he fouled, and sticking out his hip to catch an airborne player. He had to do all this because he was a step slow on defensive lateral quickness.

I saw most of his home games in person and this is my opinion.

No one cares about Davison because WI really is not very good this year.

I would love for them to tank and not make the tourney. Their fans tend to whine a lot when they don't have incredible success.. I lived there for 15 years.

Latest posts