Is there a single Big 10 player you really don't care for?

I was at the game and it happened no more than forty feet from me. Horton gave Burson a little subtle nudge at just the right time and it sent Burson off balance and careening straight into the basket support.

Like Bob said, Horton knew he had overplayed his hand and was genuinely distraught, not just for the rest of the game but the rest of the season. He was also known for swinging elbows on outlet passes, yanking on hands/thumbs when he fouled, and sticking out his hip to catch an airborne player. He had to do all this because he was a step slow on defensive lateral quickness.

I saw most of his home games in person and this is my opinion.

I was at that game too- and most of them between 1984 and 1998. You're right that Ed played on the edge. I just wouldn't prefer to lump him in with a shitbag like Davison. I appreciate your opinion.

I don't know, Davidson seems to be doing something right with regards to on court etiquette when he's mentioned in the same breath as former Duke choir boy Grayson Allen. Not many people can work their way into that conversation yet somehow he manages to get his name mentioned with the best of them.

I like Garza's energy, I like his game, I like his leadership...but I REALLY don't like his increasingly obnoxious behavior after he makes a key basket. Turning around to the opponent's bench, pulling your jersey and trash talking is flat-out bush league. Why not turn to your bench and celebrate with your teammates instead? Let your game do all the trash talking, and act like it's not the first time you've made a big shot in your life.

I like Garza's energy, I like his game, I like his leadership...but I REALLY don't like his increasingly obnoxious behavior after he makes a key basket. Turning around to the opponent's bench, pulling your jersey and trash talking is flat-out bush league. Why not turn to your bench and celebrate with your teammates instead? Let your game do all the trash talking, and act like it's not the first time you've made a big shot in your life.[/QUOTE

I agree but this is his last year and he wont have to visit any of these away sites anymore.

Right now I do not like that Wisky Davidson guy or several of the illini players after watching the mugging and bullshit.

I like Garza's energy, I like his game, I like his leadership...but I REALLY don't like his increasingly obnoxious behavior after he makes a key basket. Turning around to the opponent's bench, pulling your jersey and trash talking is flat-out bush league. Why not turn to your bench and celebrate with your teammates instead? Let your game do all the trash talking, and act like it's not the first time you've made a big shot in your life.

I missed this, I thought he was talking to the crowd.

I don't mind players that show emotion.

I think it's fair to say that Iowa has 2 of the most hated players in the Big Ten between Connor and Luka.

and I love it!
Not just that, I am guessing Fredrick is getting on a few lists as well. These guys aren't afraid to talk but then let their game back it up.

I’ve seen Garza go over to opponents multiple times to make sure they’re okay after inadvertent contact, etc. There’s nothing bush league about his conduct on the court IMO. He has some swagger. But that confidence is what separates good players from All Americans.

Last edited:
I’ve seen Garza go over to opponents multiple times to make sure their okay after inadvertent contact, etc. There’s nothing bush league about his conduct on the court IMO. He has some swagger. But that confidence is what separates good players from All Americans.
Good point -- I've noticed that too. You can have swagger without trash talking, tho.

I agree and I've stated this before. Act like you've done it before. Elevate yourself above the immature nonsense. Let your actions and results do your talking. Crush, but respect, your opponents.

How about we let college kids have fun? He isn’t punching guys’ junk, stomping on guys when they’re down, throwing baseball passes into guys’ faces, or any other bush league shit. If he wants to say a few things to the opposition, who the f cares?

I said in a different thread that saying you should act like you've been there before is the same thing as saying you should act like you're not excited.

MeatyObeseBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts