Is there a single Big 10 player you really don't care for?

If I was Fran, I would spend one hour after each practice, showing videos of Baer to the rest of the team: see how he is moving before the shot comes down, how he thinks before he moves to box someone out, how he helps out on defense, how he moves inside a defender who is too lazy to box him out for the rebound, how he drops off his man to help out or protect a passing lane when his guy is away from the ball, how he gives 100% until he is tired out and asks for a rest rather than resting on the defensive end, how he uses his left hand to block a shot to avoid a foul, how he is constantly offering defenders quick pass fakes to move them before he takes a clear look 3 pointer...over and over. It is astounding how he can do this and others seem to be standing around, clueless at times, as to what fundamental basketball actually looks like and how successful your team can be when everyone is doing it!
Everyone loves the hustle walkon guys. It’s amazing. But i hate to break it to you. Kirk loves a good cry over a walk on so i hate to spoil it for everyone. You don’t win anything meaningful with a team full of walk on hustle guys in the b10. At some point, you have to have real talent. Don’t kid yourself

Everyone loves the hustle walkon guys. It’s amazing. But i hate to break it to you. Kirk loves a good cry over a walk on so i hate to spoil it for everyone. You don’t win anything meaningful with a team full of walk on hustle guys in the b10. At some point, you have to have real talent. Don’t kid yourself
Agree, but that "talent" needs to play with the heart and fundamentals to be great. Baer is a good one to pattern your game after.

So our roster of three and four star recruits is nothing more than a bunch of walk-on hustle guys. What have you been drinking? The metrics have had us consistently in the top forty teams in the nation, sometimes higher.

Could our talent be better coached? Probably, but that's a different discussion.

I’m really “hating” anyone that has a W on the back of their jersey.

Davison and Wagner were the 2 I was going to mention. I’ll go with Davison since I can only name 1...dislike him more because he’s been around longer. Wesson from Ohio State gets dishonorable mention.

Latest posts