IS OUR OFFENSIVE LINE AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS?

A strong defense still only really helps if you have an offense that can sustain drives, and a strong kicking game.

Otherwise, the strong defense gets worn down and constantly put in a bad position, eventually becoming an avg defense.

Even if the offense does not improve from last year (I think they will) they will still be as good or better than many of the Iowa teams that won with a strong defense. They averaged 28ppg last year, that is equal to the 2003 and 1991 teams. It is better than 2004 24ppg, 2009 23ppg, and 1981 21ppg.

That is completely uncalled for. I am respectful to you, I ask the same in return. It is very childish to call someone names and make false accusations about someone just because you disagree with them. My opinion is that the defense is good, I don't see how anyone can think that is so absurd as not to be believable. If you think that the defese is bad, try to make your case for your opinion rather than resorting to being so childish.
There's a difference between our defense being good and being miles ahead of anyone we face this year.

Just need more people to be positive. For example, most of the posts about the women's basketball team have been positive. The team appreciates the susupport, and they go to the sweet 16. On top of that recruits see the great fan support, and they got a 5* and two 4* recruits in the last class. Do not underestimate how important fan support is to these teams. The same thing can happen in football, and with the offensive line. I think if we support them, they will have a good year, and sign that 4* OL recruit from South Dakota they are after.
It seems to me the fans have been pretty supportive the last few years and the payoff has been average to below average teams.

Our head coach, despite all the criticism for things like bad clock management, unwillingness to play young talent and of course... conservative offense... is known as an offensive line guru.

So how...as established as he is at this point in his career...can we have a bad offensive line?

Last edited:
So how...as established as he is at this point in his career...can we have a bad offensive line?

This program is past the point of even searching for answers to questions such as these.

Why do we throw for 1 yard on 4th and 2?

Why do we punt from the 38 yard line in a meaningless game in a lost season only to kick it through the end zone and gain a whole 18 yards in field position?

Why do we get not one but two delay of game penalties.......coming off of a TO?

The answer to all these questions and the dozens of others you could ask is that Kirk Ferentz is a complete and utter incompetent moron.

He's 44-51 as a head coach without the safety of Norm Parker by his side. Ferentz has never even won a bowl game without Norm. If I was Parker's family I'd sue Ferentz for everything he's got for stealing money that rightfully should have gone to Norm and his family.

this could get ugly. I hate feeding the negativity train but this Oline has to improve in 18 days or this season will be worse than many feared

All you have to do is consider why James Daniels the highly recruited true freshman is already on the two deeps (and getting some first team snaps). He may well be one terrific talent but vying for a starting spot on the OL as a true freshman before the season even begins speaks to some talent gaps in my mind.

This program is past the point of even searching for answers to questions such as these.

Why do we throw for 1 yard on 4th and 2?

Why do we punt from the 38 yard line in a meaningless game in a lost season only to kick it through the end zone and gain a whole 18 yards in field position?

Why do we get not one but two delay of game penalties.......coming off of a TO?

The answer to all these questions and the dozens of others you could ask is that Kirk Ferentz is a complete and utter incompetent moron.

He's 44-51 as a head coach without the safety of Norm Parker by his side. Ferentz has never even won a bowl game without Norm. If I was Parker's family I'd sue Ferentz for everything he's got for stealing money that rightfully should have gone to Norm and his family.

Norm's last season was 2011. To have played 95 games since he retired is nothing short of improbable. Oh, wait, we've only played 38 games since Norm retired. And we're 19-19 in those games.

Just who is the "moron"? Never mind, we all know it's you.

Norm's last season was 2011. To have played 95 games since he retired is nothing short of improbable. Oh, wait, we've only played 38 games since Norm retired. And we're 19-19 in those games.

Just who is the "moron"? Never mind, we all know it's you.

You just can't help yourself can you donkey boy? Kirk coached at a school called Maine for 3 years as well reject. His record there is included moron. Maybe you missed the memo but Norm didn't coach at all in the 2010 season except for the bowl win vs. Missouri.

Oh wait, I guess you're not a total zero because it looks like Norm did coach at Iowa in the 2011 season so I'm slightly off whereas - per usual - you aren't even in the right hemisphere.

Go back to figuring out how to bold on your laptop reject and keep rejoicing in Kirk's 38-45 record as a head coach without Norm.

Last edited:
Boone Myers and Ike Boettger have limited playing time on the field. That said, they have busted there buts to gain strength and weight to attain the physical level of a Big ten offensive tackles. Both are athletic and are doing their part to help the team. These guys are capable of a good start and finish the season with credibility.