IS OUR OFFENSIVE LINE AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS?

Uhhhh, this is the same defense that got absolutely TORCHED by a nearly .500 team in a bowl game just 7 months ago...minus two NFL draft picks who are no longer playing for us. lol How did they suddenly become miles ahead of any defense we will face all season? Come on, buddy.

Nearly .500 team that is in the toughest conference in America. Also note that they are a program on the upswing and that they came into that game wanting to make a statement. Yes, Iowa's play was embarrassing...but downplaying the level of the opponent is silly. Also, there was only one player from our defense selected as an NFL draft pick (Carl Davis).

at least two posters know what this means. one being hawknick - the other - a frequent poster who no longer posts...... :)

Duff? Duffman? i remember there was a long time inside running joke with long time posters that had to do with deer, hunting and the politics forum. I was never part of that inner circle so i never really got the joke.

HawkNick is just a bonafide troll. The real question is he OK4P or a cyclone troll? His posts are a waste of time and add nothing.

He's a master of his craft, and gets responses in almost every thread he posts in. I think he's funny, maybe not ha ha funny, but funny.

It must not take very much to amuse you.

He's not so much funny. It's just funny how he gets under people's skin, there's a certain masterfulness in his ability to illicit response.

He's taken a completely different angle on the art of message board flaming, and it continues to work. It's interesting. He never breaks character and he sucks people in with a few incites (yes, that's a play on words) and then lays the absurd down.

He's a master of his craft, and gets responses in almost every thread he posts in. I think he's funny, maybe not ha ha funny, but funny.

Capture_zpsm7wfs7b2.jpg

I don't think there's any doubt the line will improve even into the season. We've seen this before with a new o line. It takes a while to get the cohesiveness and confidence for the new players. What worries me is Kirk's comments about Meyers having a confidence issue to the point where Kirk is commenting on it. A kid either stares down the challenge and takes it head on or folds. Hopefully with the help of the coaches and teammates he can realize the potential Kirk sees in him. This team is going to get tested early and I anticipate some growing pains. Going to need the defense to put out some fires this year. Just the feeling I get.

Is it brilliance or a guy who is simply bored?

Or 10 years old! Just Leave me alone guys, it's Iowa Football we talking about. :eek:

The thing that jumps out at me is Hawknick been a member since 2010 and became real active in the last 12 months. I'm not sure what changed but I find that really interesting!

Last edited:
I don't buy into the idea that the offensive line will improve as the season moves on since the opponents defensive lines will do the same so this improvement is rendered useless for the most part. They need to come out of the gate that much better than our opponents defensive line and stay ahead of them to be dominate. I don't see or hear that coming out of practice so this could be a problem for us all season.

To understand me you must first understand my belief in positive energy. It is not trolling, immaturity or old age. I believe that positive energy helps to achieve positive results. For that reason I am always positive about Iowa. On the other hand I am always negative about teams I don't like because I don't want them to achieve positive results.

Take the offensive line for example. Positive energy can help build confidence to help them be better players. I believe that the negative energy coming from some of the fan base is having a negative affect on thier confidence. I hope that my energy can help change that.

To understand me you must first understand my belief in positive energy. It is not trolling, immaturity or old age. I believe that positive energy helps to achieve positive results. For that reason I am always positive about Iowa. On the other hand I am always negative about teams I don't like because I don't want them to achieve positive results.

Take the offensive line for example. Positive energy can help build confidence to help them be better players. I believe that the negative energy coming from some of the fan base is having a negative affect on thier confidence. I hope that my energy can help change that.

Absolutely! Nickster's positive energy and, of course, healthy doses of polka blaring from the boom-a-tron ... Finally, someone who gets what's been missing the last 5 years.

... The thing that jumps out at me is Hawknick been a member since 2010 and became real active in the last 12 months. I'm not sure what changed but I find that really interesting!

You think it's a coincidence the Hawks have sucked sweaty geriatric nut sacks during the same time? Nickster realizes he's been keeping his positivity to himself for too long and the Hawks have suffered for the lack of it.

After the players' catch his positive vibe -- becoming inspired to outperform their capabilities and overcome the inherent blunders of derKirkFeravis' impotent strategies -- you'll be dropping to a knee and tipping your hat to the ol' coot, thanking him for breaking his silence and shouting his message from the rooftops after all these years.

Latest posts