IS OUR OFFENSIVE LINE AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS?

Yes, love the polka! It is positive and upbeat. Definitely helps the energy. To me Beatles music is mixed energy and complicated in a way. Probably not the best for home football environments. I would replace the Beatles with more Polka. For the offensive line I would play the John Deere Polka as they play forward!

I think some of you need to go to the rivalry board if you can't stay on the subject at hand and duke it out there.HaHa To answer the question YES it is. We had two stud lineman supposedly last year and what was our rushing numbers. I don't remember to many holes for our RB's to run through or should I say our FB playing RB. Hopefully now that our RB's are getting a chance to play and getting the reps they need to improve we will see a different rushing game this year. Like I said we can only Hope.Go Hawks

Well late in the year when both Canzari ans Scherff were healthy he was able to get some big holes to run through. On a few of them the right side of the opponents lines collapsed. I look forward to seeing more of that this year. Canzari, Danials, Danials, Myers etc stay healthy and they get some big running plays. The further along this goes it looks like James Daniels will play and that he will be ready to play. That is a nice boost to the line seeing him come on do fast.

To understand me you must first understand my belief in positive energy. It is not trolling, immaturity or old age. I believe that positive energy helps to achieve positive results. For that reason I am always positive about Iowa. On the other hand I am always negative about teams I don't like because I don't want them to achieve positive results.

Take the offensive line for example. Positive energy can help build confidence to help them be better players. I believe that the negative energy coming from some of the fan base is having a negative affect on thier confidence. I hope that my energy can help change that.

OK, the above does need a reply. you are officially a kook, cuckoo now if thinking your positive thougths affect the football teams performance. Very funny and entertaining.

So have you been thinking positive about KF opening up the offense since 2005 and being less conservative since 2005? If you have it hasnt worked and if you havent then I guess you need to redirect your positive thoughts.

Have fun.

KF is right with one thing the Hawks and his recruiting and development are not that top notch so it will come down to execution, skill and technique, and making less mistakes. That is the only way this team wins and I hope they can do it. Hoping for more big plays from the hawks and less given up by the hawks.

Just need more people to be positive. For example, most of the posts about the women's basketball team have been positive. The team appreciates the susupport, and they go to the sweet 16. On top of that recruits see the great fan support, and they got a 5* and two 4* recruits in the last class. Do not underestimate how important fan support is to these teams. The same thing can happen in football, and with the offensive line. I think if we support them, they will have a good year, and sign that 4* OL recruit from South Dakota they are after.

To understand me you must first understand my belief in positive energy. It is not trolling, immaturity or old age. I believe that positive energy helps to achieve positive results. For that reason I am always positive about Iowa. On the other hand I am always negative about teams I don't like because I don't want them to achieve positive results.

Take the offensive line for example. Positive energy can help build confidence to help them be better players. I believe that the negative energy coming from some of the fan base is having a negative affect on thier confidence. I hope that my energy can help change that.

10064100_by_jaqerant92-d6fxh6z.jpg

Iowa's defence is miles ahead of any defence they will face all season. They will benefit greatly from this, and be a very good unit this season.

You have zero way of knowing this unless you have been at all their opponents camps. This is ridiculous nick

Last I read ott was simply overpowering our tackle. So....unless he gets a lot stronger week by week, I don't see a ton of improvement happening. Yeah yeah he can improve his technique, but I don't see that making up the difference

Deace stated something ALARMING on the podcast with Jon. In the 3 open to the pubic practices this year, the #1 offense has yet to score a touchdown. Ouch!!

He might just be a world beater. I believe that he had more sacks and tackles for loss than Kampman or Roth had in their junior seasons.

It doesn't say much for our recruiting if a freshman is better than the guys that have been here for a few years.

James Daniels being able to come in and contribute right away is an Indication of a good job in getting such a recruit. He had a lot of offers.

This is a very average to a hair above average Div 1 defense. Ott is good but he is no JJ Watt, or that Mich St end. He's good but not a world-beater.

This. Ott is good but hardly the best we've ever had and hardly the best in the big or country. This is much more a reflectio
of how bad we are on the other side. Hold on to your hats Hawkeyes. This could be scary bad unless significant improvement is made fast

By underestimating Ott you also underestimate Myers. I believe that the 2008 defense also dominated the offense in the pre season. That offense ended up averaging more than 30 points a game.

Here's the thing tho... To the sky is fallng crowd:

Ott isn't JJ Watt, Calhoun, Roth, or Adrian Clayborn. However, Ott is a better defensive end than any other that Boone is going to go up against this year. Look at the schedule. He's getting a trial by fire immediately. Yes, I have no doubt there will be growing pains, and at times it may look ugly. However, this is exactly what he needs to grow as a player. Every day he's being tested more so than he will be in real games this year.

Some of you act like the season is a wrap already because of a freaking scrimmage performance. I'm not saying he's gonna dominate, but give him a chance to grow before you start throwing him under the bus 3 wks before the season starts. He's in the LT position for a reason and he has some excellent offensive line coaches on his side. Yes, he's getting dominated in practice, but that's only going to help him down the road. He's building toughness.

Or 10 years old! Just Leave me alone guys, it's Iowa Football we talking about. :eek:

The thing that jumps out at me is Hawknick been a member since 2010 and became real active in the last 12 months. I'm not sure what changed but I find that really interesting!

Apologies upfront - But, he was finally able to reach the keyboard on his own. Couldn't resist; it was just sitting out there - someone has to pick off the low hanging fruit.

Latest posts