Is Iowa still a lock for the dance?

I never heard of a team playing poorly so they can put themselves in a better path thru the tournament? What happened to "Playing your heart out and win every game?" The day Iowa play like that to fix themselves a better path in the tournament is the day I walked away. It is the same thing as lying.

OK. Although I also see Lunardi has them not as a lock but as a "should be in". So, with that theme, they should win their first game, and then I think they have a chance against Michigan on a neutral court. Play themselves back into a 6 seed.
Lunardi is Looney. He did, however, finally slide Iowa State to a seven seed. They had previously hung on to a five in his projections like it came attached with a sense of entitlement.

He has 16-15 Texas (who draws Kansas in the BTT) in as an eleven. He has them projected to face Nevada. Bring it Shaka. Eric Musselman would coach you into a straight jacket.

You said the “only” reason the committee was needed was to split up teams and determine seeding. Which is wrong. The committee decides the 28 non-automatic bids however they want. It isn’t decided by rankings.

You are right, of course, I guess my cynicism toward them came out. My bad.

I’m sure we’ll go deep in the Big Ten tourney. I mean, how often do you see Fran’s teams go one and done in the BTT?

The good news is if they make the tournament they have a chance of getting hot. They have a lot of talent. The really good news is if they don't make the tournament Fran won't get a bonus.

I listened. Sounded like a guy trying to talk himself into putting the team on the bubble.

Iowa is in.

I agree, Iowa is in even if they lose. With a stronger group of bubble teams and a few conference tourney upsets, it might be a different story.

BUT...prepared to hear a lot of "this team is struggling", "a case could be made that they don't deserve a spot", "Iowa will try to turn around another late season slide", etc etc. Lots of great publicity coming for the program next week. ;)

He's still mad we blew out Michigan
tenor.gif

Latest posts