Is Iowa still a lock for the dance?

Even after Wisky I thought so, a lead pipe lock.

But if they lose the first game in the B1G...

Despite the overall record, doesn't the committee take a look at the last 10 games and say...."are we sure the belong?".

We are 2 crazy buzzer beaters away from 0-8 to finish and 19 wins.

I'm just not sure. But I dont follow all the metrics, etc. Can someone definitively weigh in that has a handle on such things?

Yeah

Dey B In

Last edited:
I was certain that Iowa was in until I listened to Miller's podcast, now I'm not that clear. If that were to happen, that would change my mind about a lot of things regarding this program.

I was certain that Iowa was in until I listened to Miller's podcast, now I'm not that clear. If that were to happen, that would change my mind about a lot of things regarding this program.
Roh-roh Shaggy....

Something to look forward to listening on the drive home.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

FWIW - Palm has a 7 seed today still, which seems pretty optimistic, but more so proof of just how far Iowa is from the bubble. I still think they are a 10 seed if they lose on Thursday. I think they win 1 they are an 8 - win 2 they are a 7 - win it all and who knows? I don't think a 6 is even on the table any longer.

If this is actually how it works out

It would be according to form

If the Hawks play in the second round

They will play Duke, whom with a healthy Zion has a very strong chance of winning the whole enchilada

Same as the last Dance

Villanova was our second round opponent

They steamrolled to the National Championship

That wasn't the first time that scenario has occured

Happened to Mr. Davis all the time

D1VRMMmW0AAFqti.jpeg

The Hawks are in the tourney, but I have a feeling if they lose to Illinois in the BTT they'll be a #10 seed as one of the '1st Four', which is what I believe they were two or three years ago. I think it's bogus to put two #10 seeds into the 1st Four, but there you go...

The Hawks are in the tourney, but I have a feeling if they lose to Illinois in the BTT they'll be a #10 seed as one of the '1st Four', which is what I believe they were two or three years ago. I think it's bogus to put two #10 seeds into the 1st Four, but there you go...

I think its 11 seeds. Not 10s.

Iowa is in.
OK. Although I also see Lunardi has them not as a lock but as a "should be in". So, with that theme, they should win their first game, and then I think they have a chance against Michigan on a neutral court. Play themselves back into a 6 seed.

I think its 11 seeds. Not 10s.

It looks like it'll be 11s this year. In 2014 we were in the 11s game, but there was also a 12s game. So Iowa would've been the last 12 had there not been a "first four" and those two 12s would've been left out. Have to wait to see who gets the the automatic births though before you can figure out where the last at large bids fall in line. But you'd have to have 26 automatics below a ten seed to actually have 10 seeds playing a first four game. There are only 32 conferences, so you'd have to have a few power conference upsets by bad teams. Pac 12 will probably have one of those this year as Washington probably won't win it, but unless Nebraska, West Virginia, Pitt, UConn, etc level teams also earn automatics that isn't going to happen.