Is Iowa still a lock for the dance?

HawkeyeWalker

Even after Wisky I thought so, a lead pipe lock.

But if they lose the first game in the B1G...

Despite the overall record, doesn't the committee take a look at the last 10 games and say...."are we sure the belong?".

We are 2 crazy buzzer beaters away from 0-8 to finish and 19 wins.

I'm just not sure. But I dont follow all the metrics, etc. Can someone definitively weigh in that has a handle on such things?

First Four out — bubble

Bama 2-9 Q1 5-4 Q2

NC ST 2-8 Q1 6-0 Q2 (108RPI)

And Iowa ...
Iowa 4-8 Q1 7-0 Q2

Minnesota and OSU are bubble/IN

So we’re in ... probably.

My best guess - If Iowa loses Thursday, they will play in the 0th round (First Four).

I sure wouldn't bet my life savings on it, though.

Does the committee look at "last 10" anymore? Or is it still "body of work"?

According to Robhowe they are in......well, let's just see about next Sunday when we're sitting back in IC.....Fran and Dolph in the basement selection Sunday. ..

1st round might be tougher as an 11 seed, but wouldn't the 2nd round game be easier for us than being a 7 thru 10 seed?

I wouldn't be that surprised if they're out in the end. There's still of committee members who subconsciously feel the need to save their phony-baloney jobs. If they pick teams almost exclusively by NET ranking, people will note (correctly) that having a committee is kind of stupid and they should just use NET. And nothing would get them more good will than giving a cuddly mid-major a bid and taking it from a relatively small P5 program with a universally-reviled coach.

My suggestion is that they win Thursday.

What's crazy to me is Iowa is considered a lock and their NET is like mid 40s. Meanwhile Nebraska is considered out and their NET is 50. Also Minnesota is considered in and their NET is worse than nebraskas.

I'd say there's zero chance a team that finished .500 in the best overall conference should be out, but if the committee goes strictly off NET Iowa might be in trouble

Threads like this are why they should start with the 32 auto bids, then go with the next 26 teams straight down the net rankings. No committee needed.

That is how they did it prior to this year. Decide which 64 were in, rank them in descending order, from best to worst, 1-64, then hand out seeds: top 4 are 1 seeds, next 4 are two seeds, etc... Only reason committee was needed was to seperate same conf. teams into diff brackets, close to/away from home court etc...

Latest posts