Is Iowa scrambling in the 2020 class?

If ISU lands Foster, the fans are going to melt down, I am going to melt down. Losing Carton stung, but he didn't grow up a Hawk fan. If we lose Foster to a program who doesn't even ****ing recruit Iowa, when Iowa has over 1/2 their roster being Iowan's, I'm gonna lose me shit. I'm already trying to prepare for the fact Foster is gonna go to ISU because I don't want to act a total fool when that news comes out. Somehow I think I'm going to lose that battle and still rant and rave like an idiot on this site if we lose him.

Prepare yourself to meltdown because he ain't coming to Iowa and probably will be going to ISU. Wouldn't XF somewhat base his decision on the quality of recruits coming to a team in the same class? Well, on paper, the quality isn't there.

Prepare yourself to meltdown because he ain't coming to Iowa and probably will be going to ISU. Wouldn't XF somewhat base his decision on the quality of recruits coming to a team in the same class? Well, on paper, the quality isn't there.

17-18 year olds pick schools on much more than just who is coming with them to the school. It ain’t like ISU is hauling in a bunch of 4* kids themselves.

And as I previously stated, ISU is going to say that Iowa no longer had scholarships available, that Foster really wanted to come to Iowa, and that Fran closed that door by trying to rush Xavier and his family to a quicker decision than they were willing to make, even if Foster was leaning ISU all the way.

They will do this because they can, and because they're ISU.

And as I previously stated, ISU is going to say that Iowa no longer had scholarships available, that Foster really wanted to come to Iowa, and that Fran closed that door by trying to rush Xavier and his family to a quicker decision than they were willing to make, even if Foster was leaning ISU all the way.

They will do this because they can, and because they're ISU.
I hope Iowa State does all of that because they would look like complete asshats. Xavier knows none of that is true.

Iowa has a scholarship waiting for Xavier which has been well communicated by Fran and company. Has by no accounts ever tried to rush his decision. Fran even went to Xavier to notify him about recruits they were bringing in for visits and offering.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Iowa State would spin this as Foster really wanted to come to Iowa but they tried to hold his feet to the fire and rush him. No matter how much to the contrary that may have been.

And to think that I was accusing ISU about six weeks ago of trying to pressure Foster, which I admit I was.

Right @BryceC?:)

I don't think you'll find any ISU fan doing this.

1. I don't think Foster really wants to go to Iowa, and if he did, they'd make room for him.
2. ISU is currently out of scholarships. They will 100% take Foster and another if it's the right guy.
3. I don't think there is any relationship between taking commits and Foster.
4. Everybody pressures recruits to commit on a visit to some degree. I'm assuming there are the more aggressive types (PJ Fleck for example) and probably some types that just sort of state their case and leave it. How well it works probably depends on the person.

Holy shit, didn't even see it that way.

Losing Foster to a blue blood would be one thing.

Losing him to a program that is probably recruiting him just to prevent us from having him....?

We all knew that guy in high school who would steal a prom date just to prevent the kid who really liked the girl from getting the date.

It's been said that Bear Bryant would steal Auburn recruits more because he knew it would piss off Auburn than than help Alabama.

If the perception grows that Prohm is in Fran's head, and the Murray boys end up being busts?

You can bet your bottom dollar that Iowa State would spin this as Foster really wanted to come to Iowa but they tried to hold his feet to the fire and rush him. No matter how much to the contrary that may have been.

And to think that I was accusing ISU about six weeks ago of trying to pressure Foster, which I admit I was.

Right @BryceC?:)

Wait, ISU is putting the full court press on a 4* just so Iowa doesn't get him? I've been on message boards for decades and this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Wait, ISU is putting the full court press on a 4* just so Iowa doesn't get him? I've been on message boards for decades and this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I'm sure the primary reason would be because it would help ISU's team. But a secondary reason being to deprive Iowa of getting him? Sure, I can see that.

Of course it's dumb when you don't read it correctly.

I didn't say ISU would put a full court press on him.

I said they would try to convince him that Iowa was by suddenly signing three nondescript players in twenty four hours.

What Iowa did yesterday is PERFECT ammo for the competitors, who will use any perceived edge they can get, Iowa included.

It is perfectly reasonable for ISU to try to turn this on Iowa. Lawyers and sales people get away with that shit in the real world every day.

I said they would try to convince him that Iowa was by suddenly signing three nondescript players in twenty four hours.

What Iowa did yesterday is PERFECT ammo for the competitors, who will use any perceived edge they can get, Iowa included.

It is perfectly reasonable for ISU to try to turn this on Iowa. Lawyers and sales people get away with that shit in the real world every day.

I don't consider it getting away with anything, or turning anything on Iowa. Quite frankly Fran said he went to Osky to tell the Fosters they were going to offer the Murrays. It's not a surprise, and quite frankly these kids are completely aware of what is going on. I think Kenyon Murray posting on twitter and other message boards and other stuff like that probably does a better job than anything Prohm could do.

I'm not entirely sure trashing other kids from Iowa would be a good move. I imagine the pitch would be that ISU has a lot of players on NBA rosters, they have Halliburton who is on NBA draft boards, and he's probably saying that hey, you know you'll be able to consistently play with great players here. You can't bank on that with the other schools recruiting you, etc etc. I doubt he makes it personal.

You literally said this...

"Losing him to a program that is probably recruiting him just to prevent us from having him....?"

Dumbest sentence ever. Own it.

You and I will never know what ISU coaches say to him so creating a strawman to get your own blood boiling is your problem.

ISU already had a pull court press. You didn't understand my post.

"Losing him to a program that is probably recruiting him just to prevent us from having him....?"

You and I will never know what ISU coaches say to him so creating a strawman to get your own blood boiling is your problem.

How many f'n times did Urban Meyer stockpile players just to keep other people from having them?

It happens. It is far from a millitary secret.

This is also a not a millitary secret. ISU enjoys Iowa losses more than their own wins.

They were all over this forum when we crapped the bed in the Rose Bowl. At least one PLAYER, Allan Lazard, was tweeting garbage from his living room couch about how he was enjoying what he was seeing (most D-1 athletes probably would have preferred to be playing around that time of the year, but to each their own)

ISU goes out of state for the majority of their talent. Iowa has been on Foster for four years. You bet you would consider Foster a major get, and claim a double victory because we didn't.

Once a li'l bro, always a li'l bro. Embrace it and get out of my face.

How is that the dumbest sentence ever when it so perfectly sums up little brothers attitude toward Iowa?

You Clone fans enjoy Iowa losses more than your own wins.

Own THAT.

I don't consider it getting away with anything, or turning anything on Iowa. Quite frankly Fran said he went to Osky to tell the Fosters they were going to offer the Murrays. It's not a surprise, and quite frankly these kids are completely aware of what is going on. I think Kenyon Murray posting on twitter and other message boards and other stuff like that probably does a better job than anything Prohm could do.

I'm not entirely sure trashing other kids from Iowa would be a good move. I imagine the pitch would be that ISU has a lot of players on NBA rosters, they have Halliburton who is on NBA draft boards, and he's probably saying that hey, you know you'll be able to consistently play with great players here. You can't bank on that with the other schools recruiting you, etc etc. I doubt he makes it personal.
The key to all this would be if Fran made it clear to the Foster family that an Iowa scholly would still be available, which it appears there will. You're take on this is reasonable. And obviously Iowa State would love to land a four star when Iowa was one of the two or three finalists. I know Iowa would.

I can't see how ISU, or many other universities, wouldn't try to turn this late development into a possible edge, but you make it sound like Foster has already made up his mind and you could be right.

It definitely supports the argument that recruiting competition was throwing the Connor factor into the mix, fair or unfair.

For C Williams, Ellingson and Miss to all bail on Iowa before their eligibility expired doesn't help the perception either.

The ironic thing is that Fran's youngest son Jack may be the legit player in the family, and Fran will probably be gone before Jack is ready to play college ball. Jack rips it in AAU leagues and frequently plays up one or even two grade levels.

I've seen him play. Good court vision. Good potential. Still only a seventh grader so a lot can happen.

You mean this vision. Looks at how get gets his team involved with assists. My boy got an "and-one" on him in 3rd grade league play!

Dumb AND triggered. Terrifying combo.
Consider the poster. My conversations with @BryceC are ten times more civil, maybe because he knows his stuff ten times better.

I'm not going to beat this dead horse any further. Isn't worth it. Good luck with your season when your not playing Iowa. And good luck with Foster if you get him.

This class right now on paper is a joke, and on paper will lead Iowa to the bottom of the B1G....now could they exceed what the experts think of them, maybe....but there is a reason why teams who get the studs are better than the ones who don't....this class is just no impressive at all...fran once again shows he is garbage when it come to recruiting...

This class right now on paper is a joke, and on paper will lead Iowa to the bottom of the B1G....now could they exceed what the experts think of them, maybe....but there is a reason why teams who get the studs are better than the ones who don't....this class is just no impressive at all...fran once again shows he is garbage when it come to recruiting...
I don’t totally disagree, but if we get Foster & potentially Ogundele the narrative about this class changes a ton.

I highly doubt IA or ISU brings up the other in a recruiting effort? I'd be concentrating on my own efforts and how any recruit will fit into "this" program. These are our guys, this is our venue, this is our schedule these are the resources available to make sure you get a degree...

If IA or ISU told any recruit "you don't want to go there they........" That is little man syndrome.

It was mentioned above that ISU is only recruiting XF so IA doenst get him. That is laughable.

Latest posts