Is Iowa scrambling in the 2020 class?

I highly doubt IA or ISU brings up the other in a recruiting effort? I'd be concentrating on my own efforts and how any recruit will fit into "this" program. These are our guys, this is our venue, this is our schedule these are the resources available to make sure you get a degree...

If IA or ISU told any recruit "you don't want to go there they........" That is little man syndrome.

It was mentioned above that ISU is only recruiting XF so IA doenst get him. That is laughable.

Agreed. To think any team doesn't really want a 5 star recruit, let alone one from their home state, is absurd. ISU wants Foster's talents because he will make them a better team. Same reason Iowa wants him.

As for saying "you don't want to go there they....." I can attest to the fact that this does occur. But it's usually in jest. And it's not likely to come from the coaches, it will come from the players in the form of some good natured ribbing.

As for saying "you don't want to go there they....." I can attest to the fact that this does occur. But it's usually in jest. And it's not likely to come from the coaches, it will come from the players in the form of some good natured ribbing.

I agree with this 100% - Thats the kids recruiting the kids. That should be expected, not from teh coaches and AD. So were on the same page here.

I'm sure the primary reason would be because it would help ISU's team. But a secondary reason being to deprive Iowa of getting him? Sure, I can see that.
What I was trying to say foremost,which incurred the wrath of Cyclone Nation, is that Iowa, if ISU chose to spin it as such, had given ISU late leverage by accepting three verbals in one day.

Like it or not, this is now down to two in state schools who's last game had a less than pleasant ending. I claimed that ISU wasn't above and beyond spitting In Iowa's face on this one and could, if they chose to do so, make it sound like Iowa had cooled on Foster in the end and that's what swung Xavier, even if that was 100% not the case. And that we would never know unless someone in the Foster camp spoke up.

Posters have stated that ISU wouldn't roll that way. Fair enough. I saw with my own two eyes what Jacobson and Horton-Tucker tried to pull at the buzzer last year. Thank God Baer got Connor out of there or who knows what would have happened, as Tyler Cook was about three steps behind Baer with a look of bad intentions.

If ISU wins this battle it's a double victory for them, and a huge loss for an Iowa program who's recruiting has been sort of hit and miss for a while. That's a fact.

What I was trying to say foremost,which incurred the wrath of Cyclone Nation, is that Iowa, if ISU chose to spin it as such, had given ISU late leverage by accepting three verbals in one day.

Like it or not, this is now down to two in state schools who's last game had a less than pleasant ending. I claimed that ISU wasn't above and beyond spitting In Iowa's face on this one and could, if they chose to do so, make it sound like Iowa had cooled on Foster in the end and that's what swung Xavier, even if that was 100% not the case. And that we would never know unless someone in the Foster camp spoke up.

Posters have stated that ISU wouldn't roll that way. Fair enough. I saw with my own two eyes what Jacobson and Horton-Tucker tried to pull at the buzzer last year. Thank God Baer got Connor out of there or who knows what would have happened, as Tyler Cook was about three steps behind Baer with a look of bad intentions.

If ISU wins this battle it's a double victory for them, and a huge loss for an Iowa program who's recruiting has been sort of hit and miss for a while. That's a fact.
I typically enjoy your posts and insights, but I think you’ve flat out missed the mark on this one.

Again it was reported that Fran went to Xavier’s school to talk to him about the Murray’s visiting and Iowa offering them. That’s top dog treatment as a recruit, coaches typically don’t have to advise players what they are doing with all their recruiting efforts. At that time I’m sure Fran re-iterated to Xavier that he was Iowa’s top priority (which he always has been). Fran knows as well as anyone that the scholarship situation is going to work out.

You’re now saying Iowa State, Prohm or whoever, then called Xavier and said “Iowa just took those guys, they don’t want you anymore!!”

As I said previously I hope to hell that Iowa State did that because they would look so foolish if they did. They are smarter than that.

Iowa State might land XF but this won’t be the reason why if they do.

I typically enjoy your posts and insights, but I think you’ve flat out missed the mark on this one.

Again it was reported that Fran went to Xavier’s school to talk to him about the Murray’s visiting and Iowa offering them. That’s top dog treatment as a recruit, coaches typically don’t have to advise players what they are doing with all their recruiting efforts. At that time I’m sure Fran re-iterated to Xavier that he was Iowa’s top priority (which he always has been). Fran knows as well as anyone that the scholarship situation is going to work out.

You’re now saying Iowa State, Prohm or whoever, then called Xavier and said “Iowa just took those guys, they don’t want you anymore!!”

As I said previously I hope to hell that Iowa State did that because they would look so foolish if they did. They are smarter than that.

Others are saying that that this would happen more in jest with the players and less on the coach/AD level and that I'm being way too overbearing (read:stupid)

That's reasonable. I went too far with this one. You still have two major in state rivals as the final competition for a distinguished in state player.

I'm still concerned about what could happen at Hilton, even though its six weeks away, after how last year's game ended. Let's hope everyone is on their best behavior, on both sides.

I think he's just big for his age. I'm pretty certain I've read somewhere that he sometimes even plays up a few levels. No clue if there's truth to that or not.
Jack and my son were trying out for the same Barnstormers team in the spring of 2017 and they are two grades apart.

I'm assuming Jack made it (before the scandal broke) or made a similar team. It was actually cool to see my son runming drills with him, and defending him in other drills.

Yep. It's their job to fill scholarship spots. It would be weird if filling other spots pissed off top recruits.