~Iowa's 2019 NCAA Resume Quadrant Breakdown~

I heard on the Hawk Central podcast (recorded before the Indiana win) that some CBS bracket guy says we are damn near already in. Then went on to say something like 7-13 will be bubble territory because of how strong the conference is and what their resume would look like. To me that means 9-11 would surely be in. Sounds like we are close to being locked in.

We are going to be in the NCAA Tournament. This is really a given at this point. Now we have to set our sights on the next goal...an NCAA 4 seed and 2 games in DSM.

I think Iowa has to win 8 more games to be confident of playing 2 NCAA games in Des Moines. Beating NW hurt us because we were supposed to win...by more.

So we have to win all of the games we’re supposed to win. Then I think we need 3 out of 4...MD, OSU, WI and Friday in BTT. There may be other scenarios. But IMO anything less than this is no more than 50-50.

We just won 2 Quad 1 games and a Quad 2 game and didn’t crack the top 20. And we have to get to 16th...realize this isn’t an exact science of course.

I think Iowa has to win 8 more games to be confident of playing 2 NCAA games in Des Moines. Beating NW hurt us because we were supposed to win...by more.

So we have to win all of the games we’re supposed to win. Then I think we need 3 out of 4...MD, OSU, WI and Friday in BTT. There may be other scenarios. But IMO anything less than this is no more than 50-50.

We just won 2 Quad 1 games and a Quad 2 game and didn’t crack the top 20. And we have to get to 16th...realize this isn’t an exact science of course.

I also saw the new bracket that had us as a 4 seed but not in Des Moines. If that happens I'll be all sorts of pissed.

Not sure what happened, as I could have sworn that Des Moines had a 4/12 matchup, but now all the websites show Des Moines as having 2 sets of 7/10 and 2/15.

Did this change recently?

5-5 in Quadrant 1
No losses in Quadrants 2-5
3-3 on the road
3-0 on neutral courts
No bad losses
6-2 in close games...less than 10 points

Solid.

Was looking at the standings today and I also noticed... only 6 road games thus far? That seems crazy considering we've played 24 games. But looking at the conference, it actually seems pretty standard.

Not sure what happened, as I could have sworn that Des Moines had a 4/12 matchup, but now all the websites show Des Moines as having 2 sets of 7/10 and 2/15.

Did this change recently?

Locations aren't locked in with certain seeds. They will select the top teams to play there and that will determine what seeds end up there.

I also saw the new bracket that had us as a 4 seed but not in Des Moines. If that happens I'll be all sorts of pissed.
That’s just Palm not working that hard. They’re not going to send both Michigan teams to DM. If Iowa is a 4-seed, we’ll be in DM.

That’s just Palm not working that hard. They’re not going to send both Michigan teams to DM. If Iowa is a 4-seed, we’ll be in DM.

Lunardis latest bracket has both Michigan teams in Des Moines as well. Sucks that Des Moines is the closest venue for the Michigan teams and Kansas

Lunardi still has Iowa as a 6 seed while palm had us as a 4 seed. We seem to be all over the map right now

I have us as a 5/6...could go either way. I think we have to win 8 more games to be guaranteed 2 games in DSM.

If we end up with a top 15 type resume, watching selection Sunday is going to be stressful as hell. I want Des Moines so bad and I'll have to wait to see what some committee decides. And it's not like they are setting the brackets based on where Iowa should be. We could get lucky and get Des Moines without deserving it and we could get unlucky and not get it even tho we deserve it. I'll be on the edge of my seat if we finish 5-2 or better.

Stop whining Fernando. You hooked Haarms. That's a flagrant 1.

Maybe if you stop stomping on fallen player's chests you wouldn't have such a reputation as a thug.

Latest posts