~Iowa's 2019 NCAA Resume Quadrant Breakdown~

If we end up with a top 15 type resume, watching selection Sunday is going to be stressful as hell. I want Des Moines so bad and I'll have to wait to see what some committee decides. And it's not like they are setting the brackets based on where Iowa should be. We could get lucky and get Des Moines without deserving it and we could get unlucky and not get it even tho we deserve it. I'll be on the edge of my seat if we finish 5-2 or better.
Ill be eating oreos and guzzling beer with a smile on my face and not a care in the world. Yes please. Good problems!

Looks like Iowa suddenly fell 3 spots in the NET rankings to 29th. Mississippi State jumped them after beating Bama yesterday, K-State jumped them after winning in Texas, and iowa somehow slipped below Wofford even though both teams were Idle. So thats great

29th in the NET rankings is about a 7 seed? yippeeee

Looks like Iowa suddenly fell 3 spots in the NET rankings to 29th. Mississippi State jumped them after beating Bama yesterday, K-State jumped them after winning in Texas, and iowa somehow slipped below Wofford even though both teams were Idle. So thats great

Relax Butters.

Isn’t it fun to be concerned about where we’re ranked? It’s way more fun than having a long list of teams that we have to monitor hoping they fall off the bubble so we have an outside shot at sneaking in if we can make it to the championship game of the BTT.

Isn’t it fun to be concerned about where we’re ranked? It’s way more fun than having a long list of teams that we have to monitor hoping they fall off the bubble so we have an outside shot at sneaking in if we can make it to the championship game of the BTT.

.....just to reach the NIT

Fixed

Lose about four in a row and we could be back to doing that.

Lose about four in a row and we could be back to doing that.
Anyone thinking that will happen hasn’t been following Iowa or the Big 10 at all. We haven’t been worse than 7-3 in any 10 game stretch all season. And Rutgers, Maryland and Ohio State would all 3 have to do something they haven’t done all season.

Anyone thinking that will happen hasn’t been following Iowa or the Big 10 at all. We haven’t been worse than 7-3 in any 10 game stretch all season. And Rutgers, Maryland and Ohio State would all 3 have to do something they haven’t done all season.

I would say the odds of losing 4 in a row are a lot higher than the odds of beating Norrhwestern with 4 minutes left.

NET Quadrants per NCAA:
  • Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353
View attachment 5016

*excludes additional Quadrant 1, 2, or 3 Big Ten Tournament game/s

Last Updated: 2/11/19
  • Updated for games through 2/10/19
  • The UNI neutral game bumped back up to a Q3 win (right on the border at 200)
GOOD STUFF! - Thank you for sharing with the group. (I feel smarter already!)

Rutgers is a Q2 win on the road. So thats pretty nice. Iowa really needs to avoid losing to them at home though...where its a Q3 game.

Last Updated: 2/18/19
  • Updated for games through 2/17/19
  • Northwestern Away win dropped down to a Q2 win
  • Northwestern Home win dropped down to a Q3 win

Last Updated: 2/18/19
  • Updated for games through 2/17/19
  • Northwestern Away win dropped down to a Q2 win
  • Northwestern Home win dropped down to a Q3 win

Probably explains why our NET ranking didn't move at all today after a Q2 road win. Still at 28th.

Rutgers is a Q2 win on the road. So thats pretty nice. Iowa really needs to avoid losing to them at home though...where its a Q3 game.

Yep, losing to Rutgers at home would be the lone blemish on the resume outside of potentially losing to them in the BTT (NET over 100 on neutral floor is Q3).

I'd also add that where the NET rankings are at right now, beating Rutgers and also Indiana at home would mean all of Iowa's regular season losses were to Q1 teams.

Win out and we get 4 more Quad 1 wins. It’s looking like both the path to a Thursday BTT bye and a possible NCAA top 4 seed require 10 game winning streak to end the season.

I also noticed that Illinois is flirting with being a Q2 win for Iowa. Currently sitting at 80th in the NET. 75 is the Q2 cutoff for home opponents

Latest posts