Iowa White Out vs Orange Crush Game Thread

So Illinois coach is yelling “f-ing bullshit” as Fran is walking by and ....

Why is he doing that near an opposing coach?
Who is he yelling at?
It appears that asst coach is just swearing out loud, not directed towards anyone, then Fran yells something at him and that asst coach turns and swears at Fran. I wonder what Fran said?

Yes it is, I am not following but I just did a web search and I was unaware that Evelyn's first name is Bakari. Now I do. I guess I usually use initials and last names when posting about players.
You must be just sort of a casual fan to not know the names of our players by this point of the season. There’s nothing wrong with that, just typically if your into it enough to post on a message board you are at least invested enough to know the names of key contributors on the team. If you just learned that fact today you must have just started watching the team. Which is also cool. Welcome, it’s been a fun ride so far. Bakari Evelyn is a transfer, Fran rolled with him instead of Joe Toussaint. If I said Jordan, would you know who I meant? Or if I said CJ? Just testing this out to see where I can draw the line

It appears that asst coach is just swearing out loud, not directed towards anyone, then Fran yells something at him and that asst coach turns and swears at Fran. I wonder what Fran said?
He was looking at someone as he was swearing.

it was a ref or an Iowa player.

I’m thinking it was a ref because as soon as Fran barked two coaches looked at Fran and it looks like one said something like “not about you” and the other one cussed at Fran

Don’t bark at the other team’s players. Ever.
Don’t bark at refs in post-game for just that reason.
Don’t complain about getting dunked on when you press.

Watched the handshake line clip. Why were IL's loudmouth assistants leading that line? Where was the head coach? Total loss of control of your staff.

Connor didn't appreciate getting mugged and hacked a bit there at the end when the game was over.

Looked like a soft nudge to get the punk off his back

Then he headed downcourt

With the Illini asst coming on the court after him

Total PunkAss move by the clown

I understand no one was open. That's why Connor shouldn't passed to a covered player with no time left. Evelyn was covered, he couldn't do anything with it.
It wasn’t a good play, Connor I think would admit that and Connor needs to have more situational awareness, that’s why he’s out there. But he’s also not gonna be flawless

I understand no one was open. That's why Connor shouldn't passed to a covered player with no time left. Evelyn was covered, he couldn't do anything with it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Evelyn was pretty wide open down there and should have done something with it. He let the D recover, then throw it to Connor with no time left. I'd have to see it again.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Evelyn was pretty wide open down there and should have done something with it. He let the D recover, then throw it to Connor with no time left. I'd have to see it again.
No that’s how it went, but I feel like Connor should have found a better option to start with. Evelyn I don’t think he’s confident shooting the ball, Connor needs to recognize that imo so that’s why I put some of it on him.

No that’s how it went, but I feel like Connor should have found a better option to start with. Evelyn I don’t think he’s confident shooting the ball, Connor needs to recognize that imo so that’s why I put some of it on him.

I kinda thought the same thing. You Have to throw it to a D1 player when he's that open that close to the basket. But at the same time, it's probably still better not to. Says more about Evelyn right now than Connor tho.

I kinda thought the same thing. You Have to throw it to a D1 player when he's that open that close to the basket. But at the same time, it's probably still better not to. Says more about Evelyn right now than Connor tho.
Yep and Connor immediately went up to him and and was like “wtf dude, you gotta take that” .... I just sometimes assume that Connor is more in tune with getting the ball to the most successful outcome and that’s never going to be Evelyn

Latest posts