Iowa White Out vs Orange Crush Game Thread

No that’s how it went, but I feel like Connor should have found a better option to start with. Evelyn I don’t think he’s confident shooting the ball, Connor needs to recognize that imo so that’s why I put some of it on him.

Connor just holds onto the ball in End of Game situations

Waiting to be fouled

So he can march to the free-throw line

Solid strategy

Has worked every game

Foul should have been called

Settle the situation right now

Yep and Connor immediately went up to him and and was like “wtf dude, you gotta take that” .... I just sometimes assume that Connor is more in tune with getting the ball to the most successful outcome and that’s never going to be Evelyn

Beggars can't be choosers at the end of the game clock tho. I see both sides.

We just best the 1st place team to get us one game back with 9 to go. The fact that it was Illinois for some reason made this game seems less big before it started (which it shouldn't have) but man it feels big now.

haha, great one and why do they pronounce it "Coburn"? Does the player not like being called a 'cock'

It's a British Isles name and has been pronounced that way forever. Cockburn's is an English-based distiller/distributor of Port wines. Bruce Cockburn is a singer/songwriter. Both pronounce it the same way.

Need more from Kreiner, a lot more from Evelyn to really make a run to finish the conf out strong.

Toussant is going to get better and better.

And Pemsl, oh Pemsl....just gotta get 2-3 non turnover minutes per half to rest Garza and or JW.

Absolutely cannot have large stretches of Pemsl and Evelyn in at the same time, put way too much pressure on others to have any scoring.

83739093_10157724891975993_127236181350940672_n.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Evelyn was pretty wide open down there and should have done something with it. He let the D recover, then throw it to Connor with no time left. I'd have to see it again.

No that’s how it went, but I feel like Connor should have found a better option to start with. Evelyn I don’t think he’s confident shooting the ball, Connor needs to recognize that imo so that’s why I put some of it on him.

Evelyn wasn't open by the time he caught the pass. Wieskamp was open earlier in the play coming around a screen but Connor was looking the other direction. Evelyn shouldn't be in the game if he's not willing to shoot at the end of the shot clock. I think he is but Illinois had swarming defense on that particular play.

Need more from Kreiner, a lot more from Evelyn to really make a run to finish the conf out strong.

Toussant is going to get better and better.

And Pemsl, oh Pemsl....just gotta get 2-3 non turnover minutes per half to rest Garza and or JW.

Absolutely cannot have large stretches of Pemsl and Evelyn in at the same time, put way too much pressure on others to have any scoring.
Good assessment.

*Any* points from Pemsl is a big bonus. Same with Evelyn. Imagine if we didn't have Evelyn....yikes.

Toussant isn't going to be a big-scorer this year, but he doesn't need to be. His driving opens everything up.
I wonder how the Toussant/JBo is going to work next year.

Pffft....the NCAA will be nothing as compared to the B1G pressure-cooker this year. If we get a 'good' NCAA draw, we should win at least a couple of games.

I am to the point that I would play Till over Pemsl. Till brought some nice energy when Kreiner and Garza were in foul trouble against Maryland.

It's a British Isles name and has been pronounced that way forever. Cockburn's is an English-based distiller/distributor of Port wines. Bruce Cockburn is a singer/songwriter. Both pronounce it the same way.
Get out of here with that realism crap and let us enjoy our jouvenilism

If you were good at it, maybe...good juvies learn from the best. :)

@tksirius a little help for my friend, please...
I read an article once that it originally was pronounced with a cock, but was changed along the way. I suppose he's allowed to change his cock if he so chooses. Actually, if I recall correctly, the name relates to scratches from a rooster.

If you were good at it, maybe...good juvies learn from the best. :)

@tksirius a little help for my friend, please...
How would you know if I'm good or not, I never posted anything about it at all, just enjoyed what others did. Looks like you made a judgement post that referred to nothing... nice play.

giphy.gif

How would you know if I'm good or not, I never posted anything about it at all, just enjoyed what others did. Looks like you made a judgement post that referred to nothing... nice play.

giphy.gif

JFC, I get the best in juvenile behavior on all of HN to show you how it's done...and you dump on it!

Latest posts