Iowa was a few plays away from being 9-3 Last season...seriously

At what point do you and OutToLunchHawk change your mantra. It's really freaking old at this point and borderline psychotic. Do you have sexual fantasies about KF or something? How many voices in your head at a given time? Wait, wait, one at a time please.

Okay name calling is one thing now you are making things sexual. How little of a man are you that you need all these things to argue on the internet?

I think a better way to describe what KF does is to say he plays what he thinks are the % and winnning the mistake battle is a big part of that. You can disagree with this approach but it has been used by a lot of coaches over the years

Against a top ten defense and one of the very best running defenses, 6th in the country (played ND also), Weisman ran for over 100 yards in East Lansing. Do you think they were gearing up to stop Weisman or do you think they were gearing up to stop our vaunted passing attack at that point. Weisman had reeled off 545 yards or so in the three games prior...so they knew what they needed to do. And guess what, we ran the ball them when they were expecting it. That's why I think our team was coming together a bit offensively...but the injuries against PSU derailed the entire team.

Stop the harping on KF every time somebody posts something positive, because there are positives...you are just too stupid to realize it.

I did post a positive about Kirk. His football style worked. Im looking forward to seeing it work this year. Its got to atleast once right?

Ill see you at Kinnick this year pal as they forgot to ask me if I liked Kirks style when I paid for my tickets. So it looks like Im in......again(forest gump voice)

I think a better way to describe what KF does is to say he plays what he thinks are the % and winnning the mistake battle is a big part of that. You can disagree with this approach but it has been used by a lot of coaches over the years

So hes awful at math too? I that would explain why so many players are in the huddle after timeouts.

LOL

This is making for one long off-season. I'm not psychic but I feel like I know what every thread is going to end up being about the second it gets started. Sometimes I wish I could hibernate until September. I wouldn't wanna sleep my life away, but football season can't get here soon enough.

I take this to mean you can't think of a game where he was outcoached. I can think of some games we lost due to execution issues, but not one we lost due to him being outcoached.

The Iowa State scrub bums got so many lucky call and benefited from so many drops it was not even funny. I was there they deserved to lose. On the other hand LTP ans Castillo made a great play as did the O line, Weisman, Vandenberg, Davis and others to tie up the game.

I take this to mean you can't think of a game where he was outcoached. I can think of some games we lost due to execution issues, but not one we lost due to him being outcoached.

No... It simply means I feel like the only conversations I've had on here for the past couple months have been about KF. I'm sick of it and have little desire to start another one. We already know what will happen so why waste the time/effort?

Ok, I'll bite...

Not sure if this counts as getting out coached or not, but taking at knee at OSU and trying to win in OT still doesn't seem like a high % move to me.

But to your bigger point, KF does not routinely get schooled by other coaches. His game plans are largely effective. The 2010 Orange Bowl game against Georgia Tech's vaunted triple option being a great example. Successful game planning by KF and Parker that was well as well executed by the players shut it down.

Right and he never gets outcoached. :rolleyes:

FreedComanche

Ok, I'll bite...

Not sure if this counts as getting out coached or not, but taking at knee at OSU and trying to win in OT still doesn't seem like a high % move to me.

But to your bigger point, KF does not routinely get schooled by other coaches. His game plans are largely effective. The 2010 Orange Bowl game against Georgia Tech's vaunted triple option being a great example. Successful game planning by KF and Parker that was well as well executed by the players shut it down.

2009 OSU was a matter of execution. Terry Strauss dropped an easy TD. Put that TD on the board. Bam. Ball game. Hawks win. Or if the defense had shown up on Saine's long TD run and we take 7 off the board. Bam. Ball game. Hawks win. We just didn't execute. JVB had some picks in that game (along with a pick 6 that was called back) and KF knew Tressel was gonna start blitzing, so the knee was the right call.

And that Orange Bowl game, funny how O'Keefe gets no love. He called a masterful game and my favorite play was the back breaker where he put all of the studs on the line in at once and then ran Wegher for a long TD. Good coaching, good execution. That's how it's done. And Norm gets a lot of love, but really, with Clayborn taking away half the field (great execution) that defense pretty much coached itself. Put Gaglione in there (who would only dominate a third of the field) and the outcome would have been way different even with the same coaching.

And that Orange Bowl game, funny how O'Keefe gets no love. .

Georgia Tech's defense was barely ranked in the top 60. 24 points was the average scored against them. KOK did his job, no more no less.

GT offense on the other hand ranked 10th and averaged 36 points a game. We kept them to 14 points.

Dang Freed, chill, I never said he never gets out coached. I think his clock managment has been horrible for years. I said in 2010 the team way underperformed, thats on him. The ST have not been well coached for 3-4 years. I have said maybe he should have rolled over the entire coaching staff last year instead of taking two years to do it. I am a Iowa fan much more than KF fan. I just disagree that we are likley to get a better one. Is that OK with you ?
Right and he never gets outcoached. :rolleyes:

FreedComanche

Georgia Tech's defense was barely ranked in the top 60. 24 points was the average scored against them. KOK did his job, no more no less.

GT offense on the other hand ranked 10th and averaged 36 points a game. We kept them to 14 points.

Blah blah blah. Look, they played in the ACC. There are no good defenses in the ACC. It's just like Ferentz looking up Davis' bio and seeing that he averaged 11 points a game in the Big 12. That number was inflated because of the bad defenses. We've all seen what he can do against Big 10 defenses.

Blah blah blah. Look, they played in the ACC. There are no good defenses in the ACC. It's just like Ferentz looking up Davis' bio and seeing that he averaged 11 points a game in the Big 12. That number was inflated because of the bad defenses. We've all seen what he can do against Big 10 defenses.

We'll see if that theory holds up. We only scored 6 against the sole Big 12 team we faced last year. We have to put up 16 against them this year to make GD's average.

Of course if you throw in Nebby (who was in the BIG 12 during GD's time at Texas) our average points scored went up to 6.5.

The objective is only to score more points that your opponent. GD sucks at that so far against sucky opponents.

Dang Freed, chill, I never said he never gets out coached. I think his clock managment has been horrible for years. I said in 2010 the team way underperformed, thats on him. The ST have not been well coached for 3-4 years. I have said maybe he should have rolled over the entire coaching staff last year instead of taking two years to do it. I am a Iowa fan much more than KF fan. I just disagree that we are likley to get a better one. Is that OK with you ?

I should have clarified that my comments were directed at the guy who claims ferentz doesn't get out coached.

But, yeah almost anything is ok with me at this point. Beyond ready for the season to start, but not wishing the summer away.

FreedComanche

The objective is only to score more points that your opponent. GD sucks at that so far against sucky opponents.

We were all given a couple of years to be good at our jobs we should do the same for GD.

If he doesnt have a handle on this football thing is the next 3 years then people are gonna start talking.

Im not saying they dont deserve to win...I just saying it wasnt an amazing win.

There is a difference between winning on a scoring drive and another team missing a fg or throwing an INT.

Also the INT was no amazing play it was just thrown over the middle. Funny enough is was made by a player that most people on here mock non stop.

Like I said KF waits for other teams to make mistakes at the end of games. Last year the MSU game finally paid off in that game plan. We should enjoy the win because they arent going to happen that way often and anytime Iowa beats MSU in anything its great. However it was no amazing win.

I don't understand your reluctance to give credit to the team/coaches. They played hard, made plays on offense and defense, including the pick in OT to seal it. They did this against a really good D.

Even after the collapse during the second half of the season, I find it hard that you can't look back and say they played a good one there.

I think it's your disdain for KirFer that prevents you from doing that. You should get that checked out.

We were all given a couple of years to be good at our jobs we should do the same for GD.

If he doesnt have a handle on this football thing is the next 3 years then people are gonna start talking.

Wow. As someone who changed jobs (when I got jammed out of money on a reimbursement), let me just say this - when you are a n00b in an industry, you get some time to ramp up. You're not expected to know anything. But when you lateral into a job that requires experience in the first instance, you are kind of um, how shall I say this, expected to perform rather than crapping down your leg against the likes of Iowa State's vaunted defense. Do me a favor, tell me what Iowa's final offensive point production of the 2011 ISU game was and then tell me what Iowa's final offensive point production of the 2012 ISU game was. Divide the 2011 production by the 2012 production, move the decimal to the right two places and put a percent sign on it and that is how many percent better than Davis that O'Keefe was. O'Keefe works in the NFL now, dude.

Latest posts