Iowa was a few plays away from being 9-3 Last season...seriously

No one is going to sanely make the case that last year's team was a good team. It was not.

Your negativity is not needed. That ballclub's talent level wasn't as bad as its record. It's just that when you bring in guys like Greg Davis you have to expect a step back while they work out the new system. Give it another 5-6 years, JD, and that offense will be clicking if we can fill the next class with all 4 and 5 stars and they all redshirt and then play every down until they are seniors.

Your negativity is not needed. That ballclub's talent level wasn't as bad as its record. It's just that when you bring in guys like Greg Davis you have to expect a step back while they work out the new system. Give it another 5-6 years, JD, and that offense will be clicking if we can fill the next class with all 4 and 5 stars and they all redshirt and then play every down until they are seniors.

I don't see any problems with that.

No one is going to sanely make the case that last year's team was a good team. It was not. That said, you don't need a miracle play to win a game the opponent scored nine points in, or two late minute collapses (Purdue and CMU), or blown 4th quarter leads (Indiana) or a six point loss at home when you had the ball with just under 4 minutes to play and down just six (Nebraska).

Jon that Weinke punt from the Fusker 31 came with four minutes to play in the second quarter - not the fourth quarter as your article noted.

Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Play By Play - November 23, 2012 - ESPN

So we played a BCS Bowl Team (NIU) and a team, MSU, that lost to OSU, Wisconsin, NW, and Nebraska by less than four points in each , and you feel those 6 games were the easiest in school history. NIU, ISU, CMU, MINNY, and MSU all went to bowl games. Don't let the facts get in the way boat...you believe what you want to believe.

Honestly, people underestimate that win in East Lansing in a big way. You should watch the tape again. That was a top 10 defense last year...and 6th or 7th against the run in the country...and they played some pretty freaking good running teams (see above). Our OL played them very, very well...and executed in OT. It pisses me off when people downplay that and just tells me they have no freaking idea what they are talking about.

My son was at the MSU game last year and he thinks it is one of the best, guttiest wins by a hawk team he has seen in 20 years.

Imagine if they had won those games. How would those posters be treated who still said "this team isn't that good.". If that was so the nay sayers would have been correct. It would have been a team where caliber of the team's play did not reflect the W/L record. guess its better to win than lose, but you still like to see a good product out there.

Terrible article. They were two plays away from 2-10, and if Minnesota didn't play their 3rd string QB, maybe even worse than that.

Many teams can say had they done this, they'd be such and such, but at the end of the day those teams didn't. End of story.

So we played a BCS Bowl Team (NIU) and a team, MSU, that lost to OSU, Wisconsin, NW, and Nebraska by less than four points in each , and you feel those 6 games were the easiest in school history. NIU, ISU, CMU, MINNY, and MSU all went to bowl games. Don't let the facts get in the way boat...you believe what you want to believe.

Honestly, people underestimate that win in East Lansing in a big way. You should watch the tape again. That was a top 10 defense last year...and 6th or 7th against the run in the country...and they played some pretty freaking good running teams (see above). Our OL played them very, very well...and executed in OT. It pisses me off when people downplay that and just tells me they have no freaking idea what they are talking about.

YOu should watch the game over again.

MSU had a couple of penalties and thats why it got to OT. Then they threw an INT in OT to lose.

It was a big win for KF as waiting for other teams to lose is how he plays the game. In this case MSU lost the game and KFs gameplan of waiting for the other team to screw up worked.

It was no amazing ending where 7 got 6.

Its easy to think its an amazing win when you think that the talent is really poor. However what is wrong with the program is not the talent, unless you believe that CMU has more talent.

MSU had a couple of penalties and thats why it got to OT. Then they threw an INT in OT to lose.

It was a big win for KF as waiting for other teams to lose is how he plays the game. In this case MSU lost the game and KFs gameplan of waiting for the other team to screw up worked.

Its easy to think its an amazing win when you think that the talent is really poor. However what is wrong with the program is not the talent, unless you believe that CMU has more talent.

IIRC, the Iowa defense made the play to win the game. LTP deflected the ball at the line and Castillo picked it.

Its not like Maxwell just lobbed it right into the arms of Castillo.

JVB and Keenan Davis also converted a very long pass play on the game tying drive. It was something like 2nd and 25.

Its ok to give the players and coaching staff some credit once in a while, OOTH. Not every good thing that happens is a direct result of the other team just handing it to the Hawks.

No one is going to sanely make the case that last year's team was a good team. It was not. That said, you don't need a miracle play to win a game the opponent scored nine points in, or two late minute collapses (Purdue and CMU), or blown 4th quarter leads (Indiana) or a six point loss at home when you had the ball with just under 4 minutes to play and down just six (Nebraska).

I think we can agree when we look back at last season there is "encouragement" to be found when looking at the losses. The team was frustrating to watch last year, one of the most painful seasons since KF's first years. As bad as the team performed, when you consider 5 of those losses were 7 points are less it does give you hope that we aren't far off and there is potential for better this season.

Where I differ with your original article is this team being a few plays away. The way last years team struggled, 7 points felt like 20. So while the scoreboard showed a close game, it never seemed to feel like it as a spectator.

IIRC, the Iowa defense made the play to win the game. LTP deflected the ball at the line and Castillo picked it.

Its not like Maxwell just lobbed it right into the arms of Castillo.

JVB and Keenan Davis also converted a very long pass play on the game tying drive. It was something like 2nd and 25.

Its ok to give the players and coaching staff some credit once in a while, OOTH. Not every good thing that happens is a direct result of the other team just handing it to the Hawks.

This.

And the offense did make some plays throughout. Weisman and the line played well against a stout, tough, stingy defense.

Can anybody seriously argue this is not the case?

FreedComanche

At what point do you and OutToLunchHawk change your mantra. It's really freaking old at this point and borderline psychotic. Do you have sexual fantasies about KF or something? How many voices in your head at a given time? Wait, wait, one at a time please.

Against a top ten defense and one of the very best running defenses, 6th in the country (played ND also), Weisman ran for over 100 yards in East Lansing. Do you think they were gearing up to stop Weisman or do you think they were gearing up to stop our vaunted passing attack at that point. Weisman had reeled off 545 yards or so in the three games prior...so they knew what they needed to do. And guess what, we ran the ball them when they were expecting it. That's why I think our team was coming together a bit offensively...but the injuries against PSU derailed the entire team.

Stop the harping on KF every time somebody posts something positive, because there are positives...you are just too stupid to realize it.

At what point do you and OutToLunchHawk change your mantra. It's really freaking old at this point and borderline psychotic. Do you have sexual fantasies about KF or something? How many voices in your head at a given time? Wait, wait, one at a time please.

It is sad that one gets so much grief when one doesn't drink the koolaid. You ask a question and instead of it getting answered, you get a childish response. It's disappointing, but I'm getting used to it. And, yes, I do understand it's impossible to defend the indefensible. My sympathies are with you.

FreedComanche

Against a top ten defense and one of the very best running defenses, 6th in the country (played ND also), Weisman ran for over 100 yards in East Lansing. Do you think they were gearing up to stop Weisman or do you think they were gearing up to stop our vaunted passing attack at that point. Weisman had reeled off 545 yards or so in the three games prior...so they knew what they needed to do. And guess what, we ran the ball them when they were expecting it. That's why I think our team was coming together a bit offensively...but the injuries against PSU derailed the entire team.

Stop the harping on KF every time somebody posts something positive, because there are positives...you are just too stupid to realize it.

Here's another example of attempting to embarrass someone you don't agree with by calling them a name. You had a very good retort going until you called him stupid.

FreedComanche

I think we are being to hard on Freed. He is allowed to have his opinion. He doesnt call people names. He just needs some KOOL AID

People rip on the players way too much on this site. They have talent and work ethic. Let's look at last years senior class as an example as one of the most disrespected classes I have seen but according to nfldraftscout.com it had many of the top prospects that I will list. The #3 long snapper, # 13 center, #24 quarterback, #25 cornerback, # 34 offensive guard, #58 wide receiver, and the #74 defensive end. That is not to bad at all.

Latest posts