Iowa VS. Who Is Bethune Cookman Game Thread

Perkins, Kris, and Sandfort all have a good chance to be 2nd team Big 10 or better. You could maybe argue Patrick has a chance too. I'm not sure if it's the competition or what, but Flip looks way better than last year. More explosive.

Patrick is rather unconventional and nobody knows what the F he is going to to with the ball EVER

He is a capable scorer and very difficult to contain

He an essential part of the equation

And, undeniably fun to watch

He had perhaps the best game against the Spiders
Only one who showed up for the tourney last year.

Perkins, Kris, and Sandfort all have a good chance to be 2nd team Big 10 or better. You could maybe argue Patrick has a chance too. I'm not sure if it's the competition or what, but Flip looks way better than last year. More explosive.
Just more comfortable and looks more agile or flexible then last year.

You might want to take a look at the schedule. The non-con games are going to be fun, we are going to know pretty early what this team does and doesn't have.
My schedule is unpredictable right now. Mentioned before one of my kids has serious health issues and has been sick.... hard to just sit down and watch something being busy. Did squeeze in the movie Fry mentioned over 5 days. Pieces of the Purdue game. Chiming in on this board is nicely distracting. I enjoy the humor. At least what I think is mostly humor.

It appears that maybe Frans has turned the corner and it's not just a run. Who will be the next after Murray? is fun to think about.

Think they will be up to par as the season winds on

Need to give the reserves valuable playing time

Bowen is going to be a player, Josh Dix needs to make his first three-point basket

Going to be another high-scoring team, and difficult to stop

Excellent court awareness and precise passing which will be more noticeable as the season
progresses

Kris Murray is a bit of a decoy and still scores somewhat unnoticeably

This is going to be a fun team to watch

Perkins is rather improved from his progress last season as the season went on and on

It's going to be All Good

:cool:
And 25 assists tonight by Iowa. Wow.

I was pissed that Iowa did not land one of the bigs it was chasing in the portal. But, then again, we had the greatest center in a generation a couple of years ago and the team fizzled in the tourney. I think Fran prefers to get it up and down the court with a smaller line-up. It fits his style and that style (guard and forward heavy) seems to do better in the tourney.

Rebracha was serviceable last year and from all accounts and last night will be stronger and more confident in his game this year. Josh O showed flashes last season and last night, but is probably a 8-10 minutes a game sort of player depending upon match-ups. Mulvey may never pan out, but he is insurance if there are injuries. So, that leaves Connor as our best forward off the bench. God forbid we get an injury. I remain worried about front court depth.

The guards and small forward positions are sick with talent.

I was pissed that Iowa did not land one of the bigs it was chasing in the portal. But, then again, we had the greatest center in a generation a couple of years ago and the team fizzled in the tourney. I think Fran prefers to get it up and down the court with a smaller line-up. It fits his style and that style (guard and forward heavy) seems to do better in the tourney.

Rebracha was serviceable last year and from all accounts and last night will be stronger and more confident in his game this year. Josh O showed flashes last season and last night, but is probably a 8-10 minutes a game sort of player depending upon match-ups. Mulvey may never pan out, but he is insurance if there are injuries. So, that leaves Connor as our best forward off the bench. God forbid we get an injury. I remain worried about front court depth.

The guards and small forward positions are sick with talent.
Fran has always played small ball from the perimeter and he’s really good at it. In my opinion the only thing we lack from not having a big is on the defensive end. If this team can pay better D we’ll be fine.

Mulvey and Ogundele are going to be mop up minutes only and that’s fine.

Fran mentioned in the presser last night that Ogundele would only be capable of 6-7 minutes per half tops because of conditioning. If you watched the game last night he was gassed immediately. He never was able to get his cardio back after ‘rona. Fran also said he was fine with that which suggests he doesn’t expect him to radically improve.

Jelly made some moves last night that dropped my jaw. I thought for sure he was going to pick up a charge and instead he stepped around the defender and got an easy hoop, and then that pass.

To bad his conditioning isn't where it needs to be, he might be needed against some of the bigs in conference play.

I would speculate that Josh has some condition that causes his inability to get into great shape. He has slimmed down, the nutrition plans and weight room routines are not likely something he does not follow. You can certainly see that he works hard when he gets on the floor. Fran’s comment that he is “OK” with Josh’s limited time reinforces my speculation. It is, after all, none of my/our business if he has a health issue. BTW, the fans love him!

I would speculate that Josh has some condition that causes his inability to get into great shape. He has slimmed down, the nutrition plans and weight room routines are not likely something he does not follow. You can certainly see that he works hard when he gets on the floor. Fran’s comment that he is “OK” with Josh’s limited time reinforces my speculation. It is, after all, none of my/our business if he has a health issue. BTW, the fans love him!
He has some game it's really too bad if he has physical limitations, he is a fan fav. Carter will be loved by the fans too.

It’s been pretty well noted that he had a really bad bout with COVID and he hasn’t been able to get back in D-1 shape after that.

Fran has always played small ball from the perimeter and he’s really good at it. In my opinion the only thing we lack from not having a big is on the defensive end. If this team can pay better D we’ll be fine.

Mulvey and Ogundele are going to be mop up minutes only and that’s fine.

Fran mentioned in the presser last night that Ogundele would only be capable of 6-7 minutes per half tops because of conditioning. If you watched the game last night he was gassed immediately. He never was able to get his cardio back after ‘rona. Fran also said he was fine with that which suggests he doesn’t expect him to radically improve.

Yea, he seems just to have the bad biology make-up. He slimmed down last year and it still didn't help increase his minutes. I don't think its anything he's doing or not doing, I just think it's his body. Nothing the staff can do to help but just get the most out of him. Funny thing is he plays hard and is fairly productive in his 3 minute stretches. He has affected the game when he is in and kind of fun to watch. But if he can't get up and down the court after 3 minutes, an opposing team is gunna run on Iowa and have the number advantage.

Hell, if he's going to play 8-10 minutes a game, let him use his fouls if going up against a team with a stud center, like Purdue or any team. Use the fouls and don't let that said player get any easy shots. Be physical and bullyish with him.

Latest posts