Iowa VS. Who Is Bethune Cookman Game Thread

It’s been pretty well noted that he had a really bad bout with COVID and he hasn’t been able to get back in D-1 shape after that.

Same thing happened to Austin Phyfe at UNI. His minutes decreased severely last year and I'm not even sure about this year which is his last. In his early college career (prior to COVID) he was an all-conference player. He either had long COVID or effects from the vaccine with heart issues. Not sure as I've heard the latter and read about the long COVID.

Last edited:
You probably want Kris to get 33 or so minutes and Flip something approaching 25-30. Thus, we only need to find 20ish minutes at the post off the bench. Conner can handle that. Given the talent and depth 1-3, I would prefer to see Conner mainly at the post. But, slipping Josh in there for a 5 minute stretch in the middle of each half is a good change of pace/size and he brings a spark. I think we are in great shape in the post unless there is an injury. Mulvey is a break glass in case of emergency sort of player IMHO.

Jelly made some moves last night that dropped my jaw. I thought for sure he was going to pick up a charge and instead he stepped around the defender and got an easy hoop, and then that pass.

To bad his conditioning isn't where it needs to be, he might be needed against some of the bigs in conference play.
Agreed. I've said this before - I'm not sure Iowa has had many players with Big Josh's skill set. Legit size, but also great first step and explosive. He's both quick and relatively fast up the court (for a big guy). And has soft hands. Obviously he's not there yet. And maybe never gets there. But I'm super intrigued by what he could become, even this year.

Latest posts