****** Iowa - Ohio State Game Thread ******

1 ft in the 2nd half for Iowa, Sullinger was allowed to just play like a bull by knocking players over
nobody was allowed to touch him
didn't you know Sullinger is the God of the BB world

Let the FT discrepancy go, I could care less about how the officials called the game...Until Iowa plays a good overall game against a team like OSU they will never get calls. The officials had nothing to do with today.

Iowa's lack of talent, lack of shot makers, lack of attacking offensive players, lack of defense and lack of rebounds cost them...not the officials...

WAKE UP

Let the FT discrepancy go, I could care less about how the officials called the game...Until Iowa plays a good overall game against a team like OSU they will never get calls. The officials had nothing to do with today.

Iowa's lack of talent, lack of shot makers, lack of attacking offensive players, lack of defense and lack of rebounds cost them...not the officials...

WAKE UP

Hey! We finally agree on something.

Sorry, if you can't see that BIG officials are in bed with Sullinger you are not right in the head.

He gets calls that he shouldn't at times. I think that at times they think he is so talented that any resistance he faces or anytime someone does something good defensively that it has to be a foul.

I don't think it really happened this game that often if at all (though I didn't watch as closely as I do at times) but I've seen him initiate contact quite often and get the call. I've also seen refs blow the whistle anticipating contact that never comes.

Sorry, if you can't see that BIG officials are in bed with Sullinger you are not right in the head.

So what? The best players in the game normally do, what is flippin' new?

Iowa did not get beat by the officials, they got beat in every facet of the game...here is a clue as to why: OSU is one of the elite teams in the country, if you haven't noticed.

LOL, the only thing you said in this thread was complaining about the officials. Solid work.

You might want to go back and check that again genius. I've repeatedly said that we can't win shooting like we did today. It doesn't change the fact that officials were calling it one-sided in the second half.

Put that on your calendar, I am so sick of the officiating talk on this board...Iowa is so good that the officials caused them to lose by 29 pts...right:D

Nobody has said we lost due to the officials. Everybody here knows that didn't happen. Stop making up crap.

Put that on your calendar, I am so sick of the officiating talk on this board...Iowa is so good that the officials caused them to lose by 29 pts...right:D

Anyone who mentioned officiating should be banned from this board because they bring nothing but poor bball knowledge. Hell OSU was the team in foul trouble first.

Anyone who mentioned officiating should be banned from this board because they bring nothing but poor bball knowledge. Hell OSU was the team in foul trouble first.

Wow, didn't take long for one of the "you don't know basketball" attacks.

Wow, didn't take long for one of the "you don't know basketball" attacks.

The officiating really was not worth mentioning. It's like people on this board can't analyze a game without making it about officiating. OSU has more talent that is the first reason they won and the biggest reason. You can say the next reason was Iowa shot poorly. It just kind of snowballed from there.

Sorry but I just hate people always bring up the refs. They played zero role today.

Complaining about refs and analyzing the game as it was can be mutually exclusive. Both can be criticized and broken down independently. When I complain about officiating it has nothing to do with saying it had a negative impact upon the game because bad officiating often effects both teams. I just can't stand incompetent officiating as they are getting paid to do a job.

That said, the refs today made some bad calls but honestly, I've seen worse. I do watch the NBA regularly and that league has some of the worst refs ever.

The officiating really was not worth mentioning. It's like people on this board can't analyze a game without making it about officiating. OSU has more talent that is the first reason they won and the biggest reason. You can say the next reason was Iowa shot poorly. It just kind of snowballed from there.

Sorry but I just hate people always bring up the refs. They played zero role today.

I agree about why we lost. We just don't have the talent yet. I'm just tired of seeing so much inconsistency in BIG officiating.

Complaining about refs and analyzing the game as it was can be mutually exclusive. Both can be criticized and broken down independently.

This board tends to make refs a pretty hot topic after EVERY loss.. I have yet to see a loss that this board does not try to make refs out to be more of an issue than they were.

Nobody has said we lost due to the officials. Everybody here knows that didn't happen. Stop making up crap.

Not making up anything here dude, to even mention the officiating here today is absolutely ignorant, but yet, it gets brought up time and time again.
Also there turbo, you were one that brought up Sullinger getting calls...I can't make that up.

This board tends to make refs a pretty hot topic after EVERY loss.. I have yet to see a loss that this board does not try to make refs out to be more of an issue than they were.

True, actually, I don't think there is a sports message board anywhere that this doesn't happen.

Not making up anything here dude, to even mention the officiating here today is absolutely ignorant, but yet, it gets brought up time and time again.
Also there turbo, you were one that brought up Sullinger getting calls...I can't make that up.

You're right, I'm "absolutely ignorant." Have a nice day Turbo. :)

Latest posts