****** Iowa - Ohio State Game Thread ******

The refs killed the Hawks momentum. Absolutely horrible. I mean we had 11 minutes in the bonus in the first half. Total shaft job once again by the refs.

Horrible offensive effort, excellent effort otherwise until about midway through the second half when the game was out of hand.

Not quite there yet, but you can see the effort is there now, which is awesome.

This board tends to make refs a pretty hot topic after EVERY loss.. I have yet to see a loss that this board does not try to make refs out to be more of an issue than they were.
Agreed. They weren't an issue. I actually appreciate them not giving Brommer any of those lame flops of his. I hate floppers.

The refs killed the Hawks momentum. Absolutely horrible. I mean we had 11 minutes in the bonus in the first half. Total shaft job once again by the refs.

Plus they tried hosing the Hawks in the Minnesota game as well by making them go to the line in the final minutes of that game. I think they are out to get Iowa. :rolleyes:

The refs had nothing to do with it, for one Iowa stopped driving to the basket in the first half when they got to the bonus with 11 minutes left. That isn't on the refs.

Blaming refs when its a blow out... classic. I could understand the excuse in a close game, but not a blow out...

I challenge anyone to find a post in this thread that shows someone blaming the loss on the refs.

playing OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois only one time each will lead to many more wins for Iowa this year.

No need to get worked up over one game.

A mention of the refs was not needed, talking about how refs are in bed with Sullinger and that OSU got as many FTs as they did was not worth mentioning when neither had an impact on the outcome of the game.

There are at least four other factors that contributed to Iowa losing before mentioning refs, that has been my point all along.

A mention of the refs was not needed, talking about how refs are in bed with Sullinger and that OSU got as many FTs as they did was not worth mentioning when neither had an impact on the outcome of the game.

There are at least four other factors that contributed to Iowa losing before mentioning refs, that has been my point all along.

Was not needed for what? I personally mentioned Iowa's poor shooting and lack of comparable talent more than officiating. Just because someone mentions that BIG officiating sucks, doesn't mean that he is saying it is the reason for the loss.

Was not needed for what? I personally mentioned Iowa's poor shooting and lack of comparable talent more than officiating. Just because someone mentions that BIG officiating sucks, doesn't mean that he is saying it is the reason for the loss.

Well then you didn't really read anything I posted. You said that the refs are in bed with Sullinger, true? I responded to that, I did not imply, nor state that you said the refs cost Iowa the game. Seriously, settle down, the ref talk just simply gets old, especially in games where it had zero impact. Also, you can't catch sarcasm when I left a :D at the end of one of the replies. My original point, why mention them at all?
We all know the refs are bad and they favor elite players, does it need to be stated after every loss, or game for that matter?
The fact is Iowa lost to a great team today and has a ways to go to close the gap. Not as far as some may think, give Iowa some more size and go to zone against OSU and it may very well be a different game.

The officiating really was not worth mentioning. It's like people on this board can't analyze a game without making it about officiating. OSU has more talent that is the first reason they won and the biggest reason. You can say the next reason was Iowa shot poorly. It just kind of snowballed from there.

Sorry but I just hate people always bring up the refs. They played zero role today.

Post of the year. Can you please post this after every game the rest of the season? It is no surprise that the people who always complain about the reffing are the ones who add very little in terms of basketball discussion throughout the season.

Can we get a sticky at the top where everyone acknowledges that refs suck and never talk about them again? THEY ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE BAD FOR BOTH TEAMS. It is the the nature of the beast.

Latest posts