Iowa Media HAS To Admit Now That...

He's an Iowa kid. Can't see him leaving on his own I'm afraid. The guy can't even make point blank layups now. He's really frustrating to watch. He's bad on defense and isn't exactly a tenatious rebounder. Other than setting screens on offense he isn't bringing much to the table.

He brings a ton of whining to the table

This team may not technically be "the worst" compared to at least Lick's last team, but that team also did not finish in last place. Granted, one game left to possibly avoid that, but we're really just splitting hairs either way.

This team might technically have more ability than the 09-10 Lickliter squad, but that's not saying a lot.. If you're still losing 19-20 games, then what difference does it really make how talented you are? The results just are not there and it's a garbage product regardless.

that's because the different announcers for our games keep talking up how young we are, and have great recruits coming in. It's like we are being brain washed.

Yeah, announcers are going to tend to try to be positive. It's like reading testimonials on a product's web site. You're not going to hear the negative.

Yeah, announcers are going to tend to try to be positive. It's like reading testimonials on a product's web site. You're not going to hear the negative.
Yeah, the network that paid millions of dollars for broadcast rights isn't going to say "Don't watch this garbage, and I wouldn't bother watching next year either because they're still going to suck." In other words, the announcers' employer has a direct financial incentive to boldly lie about a team having any possible upside.

The Big Ten was a much better conference when Lick was here.

The Hawks aren’t exactly losing to the ‘96 Bulls, guys.

Minnesota absolutely rubbed dog shit in Iowa’s face last night, and they were a 3 win team that had lost 9 in a row. It’s minnesota for F’s sake and they were going full Globetrotters with no lookers, alleyoops, and two handed dunks. That’s how bad this team sucks. I honestly think they’d drop a lot of NAIA games.

Not trying to dog on you, but that’s the point of my post. Iowa sports media keeps adding little minor statements like that when people say this team is atrocious. They say, “This team is really good, it’s just not playing like it.”

Well I’m sorry, if the team was remotely decent it’d be winning a few games.

You can’t say a team is really good because they score a lot of points. That’s like putting an asterisk on it because you don’t want to give in and admit that they’re not talented. Basketball teams with talent win a few games. It doesn’t matter if they score 150 a game, if they give up 160 then by default they suck shit at basketball. The season isn’t measured by points, it’s measured by wins.

I agree with you, its like in the movie the Social Club where Zuck says to his rival if you would've invented Facebook you'd have invented Facebook. If Iowa was good enough to win games, they would've won more games. It's poorly coached and we have a major personnel issue. But we have the same players returning next year, only we have the same players returning next year..lol.

...this is the absolute worst squad in Iowa history, Lick included. I don’t care about the ifs and buts about how “Bohannon would blah blah blah if he had help,” or “They’re young,” or “The offense is top 25...”

This team flat out sucks, the coaching sucks, and the recruiting was a failure.

They need to admit it and stop making excuses to find some obscure, minor way that Lick’s teams were a little worse than this one.

No sane person can defend this heap of trash. Down the drain is my hope for future Fran years. There is adaqute talent on this team to perform at an acceptable level and this is a catastrophic coaching job.

Licky did this bad with much less talented rosters. I am utterly dumbfounded how bad the coaching must be. Fran used to get alot of fight from his teams. I hope they come back better next year, but I have zero faith.

The Lick teams were probably all shittier talent wise. But when you're the worst team by far, the best chance to win is minimize possessions. Fran maximizes them.

This team is not talented. We play a ton of guys that wouldn't get minutes anywhere else. The sooner some of you guys realize that the better off you will be.

If we have anybody transfer that gets significant minutes, it'll just be used as an excuse to give Fran more time to turn it around. You can take it to the bank.

This team may not technically be "the worst" compared to at least Lick's last team, but that team also did not finish in last place. Granted, one game left to possibly avoid that, but we're really just splitting hairs either way.

This team might technically have more ability than the 09-10 Lickliter squad, but that's not saying a lot.. If you're still losing 19-20 games, then what difference does it really make how talented you are? The results just are not there and it's a garbage product regardless.
At this point, fans are paying hundreds and thousands of dollars to watch University of Iowa students graduate and stay out of trouble. That's essentially what Gutless Gary is selling.

Our offense isn't that good tho. It's only good when we are down bit, which is quite a bit. We need way better defense and a little better offense. The second one should happen (hopefully not statistics wise because that would mean we are getting blown out again). The first one will hopefully happen do to the freshmen getting better (wishful thinking) and the team giving max effort all the time due to a fresh start and something to play for (wishful thinking).

Honestly tho. An entire off season of having to think about this effort, and how they have to live with these results for the rest of their lives because of that effort, SHOULD be enough to make them come out stronger next year. Either that or it will make them pack it in for their entire careers. That rarely happens in sports tho.

The offense is good. Look at efficiency stats, which account for how good you are on a per possession basis, so raw number of points doesn't matter. And the offense isn't only good when Iowa is down a bunch. Against Michigan State, Iowa's offense was great the entire game, the defense was just worse. Against Minnesota, yes, the offense was dreadful the first 10 minutes of the game. After that, lights out. Second half Iowa shoots 61%, turns it over 3 times and gets to the line 15 times. And still loses since the defense was putrid. Against Indiana, the offense overall was great and especially the first 10 minutes of the game. Drought through the middle while Iowa lost the lead and fell behind, but recovered at the end. In total, offense was very efficient against Indiana but the defense again was horrendous.

Defense is a mindset mostly. I'm not overly encouraged that the defense will be much better next year. There has been a whole year of being terrible on defense and no one seems capable of improving it.

Quit dogging on the kids and grow up. I get that this team is disappointing, but some of these remarks are uncalled for.

I'm starting to wonder if Fran even coaches? Personally i think he probably practices mean faces in the mirror kinda like the coach of the movie The Waterboy.

This team is not talented. We play a ton of guys that wouldn't get minutes anywhere else. The sooner some of you guys realize that the better off you will be.

I'm pretty sure every one understands that this team isn't talented. They don't have to be anywhere near talented to be more talented than Lick.

Latest posts