Iowa Media HAS To Admit Now That...

Fryowa

Administrator
...this is the absolute worst squad in Iowa history, Lick included. I don’t care about the ifs and buts about how “Bohannon would blah blah blah if he had help,” or “They’re young,” or “The offense is top 25...”

This team flat out sucks, the coaching sucks, and the recruiting was a failure.

They need to admit it and stop making excuses to find some obscure, minor way that Lick’s teams were a little worse than this one.

...this is the absolute worst squad in Iowa history, Lick included. I don’t care about the ifs and buts about how “Bohannon would blah blah blah if he had help,” or “They’re young,” or “The offense is top 25...”

This team flat out sucks, the coaching sucks, and the recruiting was a failure.

They need to admit it and stop making excuses to find some obscure, minor way that Lick’s teams were a little worse than this one.

The main difference is Lick had 3 in a row. But yes, this team is as bad.

This team is nowhere near as bad as they have been this year. They are really bad tho. But a new start and a couple guards will help a ton.
They add no defense, though. Wieskamp helping on offense is a drop in the bucket because they’re already top 25. It’s not the problem. Giving up 84 points a freaking game is.

They need defense and Fran isn’t going to coach it out of them in one summer. At this level of basketball you either know how to play D or you don’t.

Someone name me an Iowa team that was shittier than this one.

Not being obtuse, I honestly want to know a team as inept at winning games as this one. And don’t give me crap about this offense being super good so the team isn’t that bad...wins are wins and losses are losses and at the end of the day that’s all that counts.

If there is one that’s fine and I’ll go along with it. I just can’t think of one.

So...what team was this bad?

They add no defense, though. Wieskamp helping on offense is a drop in the bucket because they’re already top 25. It’s not the problem. Giving up 84 points a freaking game is.

They need defense and Fran isn’t going to coach it out of them in one summer. At this level of basketball you either know how to play D or you don’t.

Our offense isn't that good tho. It's only good when we are down bit, which is quite a bit. We need way better defense and a little better offense. The second one should happen (hopefully not statistics wise because that would mean we are getting blown out again). The first one will hopefully happen do to the freshmen getting better (wishful thinking) and the team giving max effort all the time due to a fresh start and something to play for (wishful thinking).

Honestly tho. An entire off season of having to think about this effort, and how they have to live with these results for the rest of their lives because of that effort, SHOULD be enough to make them come out stronger next year. Either that or it will make them pack it in for their entire careers. That rarely happens in sports tho.

Someone name me an Iowa team that was shittier than this one.

Not being obtuse, I honestly want to know a team as inept at winning games as this one. And don’t give me crap about this offense being super good so the team isn’t that bad...wins are wins and losses are losses and at the end of the day that’s all that counts.

If there is one that’s fine and I’ll go along with it. I just can’t think of one.

So...what team was this bad?

The Lick teams were probably all shittier talent wise. But when you're the worst team by far, the best chance to win is minimize possessions. Fran maximizes them.

Are we really Top 25 offense? Or do we score so many points because we get a crazy amount of possessions due to our opponents blowing by our D in record time?

The Lick teams were probably all shittier talent wise.
Not trying to dog on you, but that’s the point of my post. Iowa sports media keeps adding little minor statements like that when people say this team is atrocious. They say, “This team is really good, it’s just not playing like it.”

Well I’m sorry, if the team was remotely decent it’d be winning a few games.

You can’t say a team is really good because they score a lot of points. That’s like putting an asterisk on it because you don’t want to give in and admit that they’re not talented. Basketball teams with talent win a few games. It doesn’t matter if they score 150 a game, if they give up 160 then by default they suck shit at basketball. The season isn’t measured by points, it’s measured by wins.

Latest posts