Iowa Media HAS To Admit Now That...

Do any of you really believe that a player or two transfers?

To transfer you have to be frustrated that you're not getting the opportunity to prove how good you are but there are schools secretly knocking on your door offering you that chance. I don't see ANYONE on this team where that is the case.

The only two guys other than an Ellingson grad transfer would be Dailey and Kriener. When Kriener plays, good things usually happen. Offensively he's as good as Garza IMO, but he tries to play some semblance of defense which separates him from the rest of our bigs. Probably should be playing more minutes for us, but he could go start for a mid-major if he wanted, and he hasn't burned his redshirt. Dailey is in a tough spot. Based on the last two games, it seems Dailey is seeing more of the point than previously, makes me think he'll start at point next year with Connor backing up, and Bohannon at the two. If Bohannon stays at point, Dailey is right back to backing up Moss or Weiscamp and doesn't really have a role. In that case he has no reason to stay. I guess Cook or Moss could leave, but it's not like they could go somewhere else and gets more minutes or shots than they already do which is usually the reason for leaving.

Someone name me an Iowa team that was shittier than this one.

Not being obtuse, I honestly want to know a team as inept at winning games as this one. And don’t give me crap about this offense being super good so the team isn’t that bad...wins are wins and losses are losses and at the end of the day that’s all that counts.

If there is one that’s fine and I’ll go along with it. I just can’t think of one.

So...what team was this bad?

Team quality can go beyond wins and losses. Some fluky things can skew win-loss, so some argue that point differential is a better measure of team quality, and a better predictor of future success. So if we gauge Iowa by that metric, things will look a lot...oops, 148th in NCAA, last in B1G.

On the bright side, the point differential is better than ISU, UNI, and Drake (we're #1 in-state!).

...this is the absolute worst squad in Iowa history, Lick included. I don’t care about the ifs and buts about how “Bohannon would blah blah blah if he had help,” or “They’re young,” or “The offense is top 25...”

This team flat out sucks, the coaching sucks, and the recruiting was a failure.

They need to admit it and stop making excuses to find some obscure, minor way that Lick’s teams were a little worse than this one.

Its not the worst squad. It just isnt. Its just a F up'ed year that needs flushed. Its the worst defense thats ever been played but not the worst ingredients. Many coaches would luv to have some of these players. Izzo would win with them. Its not the squad.

The only two guys other than an Ellingson grad transfer would be Dailey and Kriener. When Kriener plays, good things usually happen. Offensively he's as good as Garza IMO, but he tries to play some semblance of defense which separates him from the rest of our bigs. Probably should be playing more minutes for us, but he could go start for a mid-major if he wanted, and he hasn't burned his redshirt. Dailey is in a tough spot. Based on the last two games, it seems Dailey is seeing more of the point than previously, makes me think he'll start at point next year with Connor backing up, and Bohannon at the two. If Bohannon stays at point, Dailey is right back to backing up Moss or Weiscamp and doesn't really have a role. In that case he has no reason to stay. I guess Cook or Moss could leave, but it's not like they could go somewhere else and gets more minutes or shots than they already do which is usually the reason for leaving.

I think Dailey has finally played himself in and comfortabky in the rotation. Id take Kriener on my team any day.

The Iowa fans who think we will be that much better next year seriously need to stop guzzling moonshine
that's because the different announcers for our games keep talking up how young we are, and have great recruits coming in. It's like we are being brain washed.

Not trying to dog on you, but that’s the point of my post. Iowa sports media keeps adding little minor statements like that when people say this team is atrocious. They say, “This team is really good, it’s just not playing like it.”

Well I’m sorry, if the team was remotely decent it’d be winning a few games.

You can’t say a team is really good because they score a lot of points. That’s like putting an asterisk on it because you don’t want to give in and admit that they’re not talented. Basketball teams with talent win a few games. It doesn’t matter if they score 150 a game, if they give up 160 then by default they suck shit at basketball. The season isn’t measured by points, it’s measured by wins.

This is a bad team that played terrible, imo. Lick had terrible teams that played terrible. And we don't score a lot of points because we are good at offense. We score a lot of teams because we don't get a team's best effort for a majority of the game. They sink to our defensive level and trend baskets once the game is in hand. Usually around the 8 minute mark of the first half.

All of this talk about I'd take this guy or that guy, or that guy should leave, and this guy should stay is just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. However, that's all we got right now, because all/most of these guys are coming back next year. There must be a lot of belief that they'll all become solid defenders in the next few months. A new coat of paint on the chairs is all that is needed, right?

Lmfao @ anyone that thinks either Carton, Terry, Suggs, or McCorkle will play for Iowa. Fran better hope Wieskamp is Superman or maybe Batman, cuz this program is rolling up into a gigantic snowman made out of steamy catshit.

I think I'd settle for Robin right now.

Its not the worst squad. It just isnt. Its just a F up'ed year that needs flushed. Its the worst defense thats ever been played but not the worst ingredients. Many coaches would luv to have some of these players. Izzo would win with them. Its not the squad.
Something has to be going with this team behind closed doors that we don't know about. Remember about 5-6 years ago when we were suppose to have a really good team, and the season tanked? The big rumuor was one player (can't recall his name) but he screwed around with Aaron Whites girlfriend, and it divided the team.

I really hope Pemsl leaves. I can't stand watching him anymore. He does more harm than good when he steps out on the court. It baffles me why Fran keeps playing him, and he gets a lot of minutes.
He's an Iowa kid. Can't see him leaving on his own I'm afraid. The guy can't even make point blank layups now. He's really frustrating to watch. He's bad on defense and isn't exactly a tenatious rebounder. Other than setting screens on offense he isn't bringing much to the table.

Latest posts