Iowa Game Watch in Antartica - 11-20??

MelroseHawkins

Anybody know where a good game watch for Iowa is at McMurdo Station in Antartica? My posse of 25 research scientists are going to do a 6 mo stint at McMurdo Research Station. We are made up of biologists, geologists, meteorologists, glacialologists etc..

Am going up in the next 10 days when the weather permits for good landing on the ice runway. We used to only be able to fly in & out from June thru August because of the mild temps, but with global warming & better technical equipment, now able to fly in later in the year at times when weather permits.

Anyway, just wondering if any good "Hawk" bar/s in Antartica that like to show the Hawks. Any recommendations are really appreciated.

If I remember correctly there is a Hooters right next to that airport. Maybe not though I was so hammered the last time I was there.

they have a wild buffalo wings too, but it's towards the suburbs... a good bar too in the down town area, but it's next to a stripper club......

Next to El Rodondo's there's a medical clinic, then next to the clinic is a rainbow coalition bar (this is why there's a medical clinic) after the RBCB theres a Hawiian bar with real palm trees, they will have the Hawkeye game on there.
Tell Kiahha' I said Aloha.

Anybody know where a good game watch for Iowa is at McMurdo Station in Antartica? My posse of 25 research scientists are going to do a 6 mo stint at McMurdo Research Station. We are made up of biologists, geologists, meteorologists, glacialologists etc..

Am going up in the next 10 days when the weather permits for good landing on the ice runway. We used to only be able to fly in & out from June thru August because of the mild temps, but with global warming & better technical equipment, now able to fly in later in the year at times when weather permits.

Anyway, just wondering if any good "Hawk" bar/s in Antartica that like to show the Hawks. Any recommendations are really appreciated.

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Just dial-up 1040, WHO. As I recall, their tag line use to be "coast-to-coast, border-to-border and then some".

You'll definitely fall into the "...and then some" category.

Antarctica is in the southern hemisphere and June through August is the depths of winter during that time. Anyone going to Antarctica would know that.

Am going up in the next 10 days when the weather permits for good landing on the ice runway. We used to only be able to fly in & out from June thru August because of the mild temps, but with global warming & better technical equipment, now able to fly in later in the year at times when weather permits. .

Well...if you're going to wear Iowa gear for the game, you're undoubtedly going to meet a penguin named Zoe...and she's undoubtedly going to ask if you know "HawkeyeShane"...tell her "no" and KEEP MOVING!

Crazy b!tch makes Clayborn's stalker seem "sweet"...and what the hell, why do I always get the nutcases??? "Just go penguin once, Shane and you'll never go back!" Damn right I'm never going back! EVER!

Last edited:
Last time I watched an Iowa game in Antartica it was really weird. The game looked like it was in reverse. I heard that about the toilets but the tv too? It also may have been from what the penguin had in her pipe. Your best bet is to stay away from the penguins.

Well...if you're going to wear Iowa gear for the game, you're undoubtedly going to meet a penguin named Zoe...and she's undoubtedly going to ask if you know "HawkeyeShane"...tell her "no" and KEEP MOVING!

Crazy b!tch makes Clayborn's stalker seem "sweet"...and what the hell, why do I always get the nutcases??? "Just go penguin once, Shane and you'll never go back!" Damn right I'm never going back! EVER!

I think this is the funniest post I have ever read.:D

Glaciologist? Anyone know someone with that on their degree?

Glaciology

Lateral moraine on a glacier joining the Gorner Glacier, Zermatt, Switzerland. The moraine is the high bank of debris in the top left hand quarter of the picture. For more explanation, click on the picture.

Glaciology (from Middle French dialect (Franco-Provençal): glace, "ice"; or Latin: glacies, "frost, ice"; and Greek: λόγος, logos, "speech" lit. "study of ice") is the study of glaciers, or more generally ice and natural phenomena that involve ice.
Glaciology is an interdisciplinary earth science that integrates geophysics, geology, physical geography, geomorphology, climatology, meteorology, hydrology, biology, and ecology. The impact of glaciers on humans adds the fields of human geography and anthropology. The presence of ice on Mars and Europa brings in an extraterrestrial component to the field.

There are four Glaciologist in our group. Three graduated from the U of Anchorage, Alaska & the one I am not sure but he likes penguins.

Last edited:
Glaciology

Lateral moraine on a glacier joining the Gorner Glacier, Zermatt, Switzerland. The moraine is the high bank of debris in the top left hand quarter of the picture. For more explanation, click on the picture.

Glaciology (from Middle French dialect (Franco-Provençal): glace, "ice"; or Latin: glacies, "frost, ice"; and Greek: λόγος, logos, "speech" lit. "study of ice") is the study of glaciers, or more generally ice and natural phenomena that involve ice.
Glaciology is an interdisciplinary earth science that integrates geophysics, geology, physical geography, geomorphology, climatology, meteorology, hydrology, biology, and ecology. The impact of glaciers on humans adds the fields of human geography and anthropology. The presence of ice on Mars and Europa brings in an extraterrestrial component to the field.

There are four Glaciologist in our group. Three graduated from the U of Anchorage, Alaska & the one I am not sure but he likes penguins.

Haha nice.

Latest posts